We Keep Receipts

Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’

70 posts in this topic

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/28/palin-waterboarding-is-how-we-baptize-terrorists/?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told a capacity crowd at a National Rifle Association rally how she would baptize terrorists if she was an elected official.

“If I was in charge,” Palin said Saturday in Indianapolis, “they would know, waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, who ran against then Sen.-Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election, with Palin as his running mate, has spoken out against waterboarding, calling it illegal and ineffective. During the Vietnam War, McCain endured years of torture and imprisonment as a prisoner of war under the North Vietnamese.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Is it any wonder there are people out there who just want to blow us up?!?!?!

And she wonders why her fan base is dwindling.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Sarah is pretty and smart.

Looking at your previous comments, I'm going to take a guess and say this is sarcasm.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If you look at where she made the statement, it is kind of understandable. She was speaking to a very "pro-America" gun crowd. I would consider it more like a pep rally type atmosphere so, I wouldn't take it too serious.

However, when you make those kind of statements, no matter the setting, in my opinion it removes you from any further consideration for public office.

Filed: Timeline

I saw this yesterday, almost posted it, and then thought, "Ho-hum," it is not like anybody takes her seriously anymore, except for people that really think the rest of the world is out to get us, except for the Jews, who are our only friends, and the Ukrainians who want to dissolve all ties with Russia, because Putin is scary.

If you look at where she made the statement, it is kind of understandable. She was speaking to a very "pro-America" gun crowd. I would consider it more like a pep rally type atmosphere so, I wouldn't take it too serious.

However, when you make those kind of statements, no matter the setting, in my opinion it removes you from any further consideration for public office.

Pretty much. It's like she's trying to hold on to the little inkling of fame she has left.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Pretty much. It's like she's trying to hold on to the little inkling of fame she has left.

That's exactly it. She has a solid fan base. They will support her, buy her books, pay to hear her speak, etc. These statements are what they want to hear. He political future is over; but she is doing a good job of maintaining her little bit of fame and, probably, solid income.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And she wonders why her fan base is dwindling.

"Dwindling"

in the world of politics she is a top tier draw.

Deal with it.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I saw this yesterday, almost posted it, and then thought, "Ho-hum," it is not like anybody takes her seriously anymore, except for people that really think the rest of the world is out to get us, except for the Jews, who are our only friends, and the Ukrainians who want to dissolve all ties with Russia, because Putin is scary.

Ya ever notice they never post the clip of the person speaking.... if it comes from Mother Jones (reporting) it is even a dices transcript.

Someone post the clip and you will see it was a statement made in humor.... with TERRORIST as the butt of the joke.

Postmaster, how do some of these people watch Bill Mahr without wetting their pants?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

"Dwindling"

in the world of politics she is a top tier draw.

Deal with it.

http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-not-rights-campaign-savior-anymore-135200924.html

At a Sunday campaign event for Joni Ernst, the hog-castrating Senate candidate from Iowa, only 50 people stuck around to shake Palin's hand.

I've long defended Palin against the offensive treatment she's received at the hands of a blatantly biased media ... When my husband (who was baptized 10 years ago today, as it happens) told me about this, I had a hard time believing that she actually said it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sarah-palin-soldiers-on-as-a-diminished-figure-in-the-republican-party/2014/04/28/e7a8ab9a-ce6b-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

She has some pull with the base, but it has fallen a little bit,” said conservative blogger Erick Erickson, who was also at the reception Friday after moderating a Senate primary forum. During the debate, Ernst, a state senator who sits near the top of the polls, only once mentioned the GOP’s 2008 vice-presidential nominee.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Someone post the clip and you will see it was a statement made in humor.... with TERRORIST as the butt of the joke.

The implication being that she is so stupid she can't realize it is really not funny...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org