8 posts in this topic

Hi ! :)

Anyone filed an i-130 and received a request for evidence? My huabdn is Dominican and lives in Puerto Rico, I live in Charlotte, NC (moved here due to work). I got an email saying that we need to send additional proof but have yet to recieve any instructions in the mail. What kind of evidence do they ask for?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

-Yerlenys

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

When you submitted your original packet did you include, photos? Photos showing the marriage? Did you include emails, phone logs, texts, or skype chats? Did you include the marriage certificate as well? These are the only things I can think of that they could be asking for beside proof you two have met in person with plane tickets, passport stamps??

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi ! :)

Anyone filed an i-130 and received a request for evidence? My huabdn is Dominican and lives in Puerto Rico, I live in Charlotte, NC (moved here due to work). I got an email saying that we need to send additional proof but have yet to recieve any instructions in the mail. What kind of evidence do they ask for?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

-Yerlenys

Many cases have RFEs because people don't submit the case correctly.

It isn't a good idea to speculate. You can not send any info until you have the hard copy letter anyway because you must submit the letter with the evidence.

While the RFE isn't good it does sever to indicate the case is in progress. Once they receive your info they will resume to case asap.

Thanks for your responses! I thought about sending them our timeline from FB which shows our relationship since we met. I will wait to see what they are really requesting. When I sent the package, I included our marriage certifiacte and our son's birth certificate as well.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for your responses! I thought about sending them our timeline from FB which shows our relationship since we met. I will wait to see what they are really requesting. When I sent the package, I included our marriage certifiacte and our son's birth certificate as well.

Keep in mind that this is a CR 1 or IR I case which means USCIS will recognize your marriage. Married is married if done in a legal manner signified by the requested certificate. You seem to think you have something to prove to them other than that.

In my own case we simply submitted the basic requested item including the marriage cert which resulted in the expected approval. There were no problems other than a mistake my husband made which caused an RFE that was easily taken care of. We didn't submit anything such as phone info nor photos ect that may help in a K 1 type case.

Do not send anything at random because that info will never connect with the case file.

Take a screenshot of it

To print the timeline you have to go to the person's page in which you want to show a relationship with. In the settings option by their name it says SEE RELATIONSHIP. You will only see pictures tagged with that person and posts that you put on their wall or they put on yours. Its a great way to demonstrate communication for long periods of time because of the timestamps.

Hey Guys!

Just want to give you an update. The RFE is to prove BONAFIDE MARITAL RELATIONSHIP. I have more than enough evidence to prove : meeting , courtship, relationship, photos, children born to marriage, and other evidence. However, it is going to be almost a binder worth of pages, is that ok?

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.