byrd_75

K1 process - P3 package

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On April 7th we received our letter from the NVC stating that our petition is being sent to Montreal. I looked online yesterday (ceac website) and it said that my case is ready for me to schedule an interview. I have not received my P3 package as yet, does anyone know how long it normally tames for the packaged to be received?

Also, I am aware of the documents required....altho I have a few questions....

The photos that are required.... are they passport photos?

The police certificate.... do I get that from the Ontario Police?

I134 forms.... what documents are needed to show support (as my fiancé will be supporting me)?

Is there a way to contact Montreal embassy to ask if the package has been mailed out?

Thanks in advance for all your advice!!!

Xoxo

Robynne.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my noa2 on the 11th March and received pkt3 on the 15th April. The wait was torture but fortunately everything from that point went pretty fast and I booked my interview for may23 rd.

The photos are passport photos. You need 5 identical 2x2 photos. 3 for your medical and 2 for the interview.

Here's the link for the police certificate http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php

It takes abt 2 weeks to receive it when you request online.

For the I-134 you need the sponsor's employment letter, bank statements, tax returns.... I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything else. You can easily find this out with a quick Google search :)

You should start working on updating your vaccinations and gathering the docs because when pkt3 comes everything else happens pretty fast. I was prepared so as soon as I received pkt3 I sent the necessary things back to them the same day and received pkt4 in 2 days.

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Progress to Canada Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions/requirements can be consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I received my noa2 on the 11th March and received pkt3 on the 15th April. The wait was torture but fortunately everything from that point went pretty fast and I booked my interview for may23 rd.

The photos are passport photos. You need 5 identical 2x2 photos. 3 for your medical and 2 for the interview.

Here's the link for the police certificate http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php

It takes abt 2 weeks to receive it when you request online.

For the I-134 you need the sponsor's employment letter, bank statements, tax returns.... I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything else. You can easily find this out with a quick Google search :)

You should start working on updating your vaccinations and gathering the docs because when pkt3 comes everything else happens pretty fast. I was prepared so as soon as I received pkt3 I sent the necessary things back to them the same day and received pkt4 in 2 days.

Good luck!

Awesome!!!! Good luck on the 23rd!!!!

I am so excited for you!

Thank you for your help..... altho I lived in Richmond Hill, Ontario.... so I assume I have to go to the York Regional Police website to get the police check information.

I will definitely start getting the docs and vaccinations in order asap!!!

?

I'm not sure if Montreal is much different than Vancouver, but once i had that status message I just emailed the consulate and asked for the packet 3 instructions by email (they responded with them the next day). Basically my email said:

Greetings,

Could you please forward the information package for Packet 3 via email to xxxx@gmail.com

Name: Melissa xxxx
DOB: July 29 xxxx
VISA Case Number: VACxxxxxxxxxx
Petitioner information: Raul xxxx (DOB June 27 xxxx)

Thank you,

Melissa

You will essentially just recieve a link to http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf.

Also, I found this helpful for the i-134 stuff: http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

Timeline

So we are getting the documents together for the P3 packet..... I am currently in LA and flying back to Toronto in a cpl weeks but am wondering...i want to send back the p3 packet, but since I am not in Toronto I am unable to get the police check yet .....does anyone think it makes a difference if I send in the packet this week and wait till I am back in Toronto to do the police check? the check should take about 2weeks and I assume that I wont have my interview till June

I am wanting to get the packet in soon so that I can return to Toronto to do my physical and interview

Timeline

So we are getting the documents together for the P3 packet..... I am currently in LA and flying back to Toronto in a cpl weeks but am wondering...i want to send back the p3 packet, but since I am not in Toronto I am unable to get the police check yet .....does anyone think it makes a difference if I send in the packet this week and wait till I am back in Toronto to do the police check? the check should take about 2weeks and I assume that I wont have my interview till June

I am wanting to get the packet in soon so that I can return to Toronto to do my physical and interview

I think you bring the police check to the interview? Double check the K1 montreal sticky at the top of this forum.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Oh the I-134 we need employment letter/bank statements and tax return amended to the form? I thought it was just a general asking what you make on it and signing it dont recall seeing you need to attach those, Ill double check this afternoon tho

Vancouver Canada to San Diego [Rancho Bernardo to be exact]

Timeline

Packet 4 lists these as supporting docs for the affidavit. Everything needs some sort of proof behind it :) Otherwise anyone can say theymake $100,000

I believe you do not send in any docs when you send in the P3 package except for the copy of your passport and the confirmation of the D160......I guess theroof is shown at the interview....

Timeline

I believe you do not send in any docs when you send in the P3 package except for the copy of your passport and the confirmation of the D160......I guess theroof is shown at the interview....

yes supporting docs are for the interview..

Timeline

Hey all, I just went through all of this just a few months ago. Here's my advice - Take a single picture of yourself or get it done at a local us or canadian passport studio, then scan the picture. You can then print as many as you want on photopaper - you'll just need to cut out the pics. I ended up doing a background check and submitted that with the original petition to USCIS. If its going to be less than a year from then until your interview you don't need another one, just bring in the original document. If it will be a year from that time then you need another one. Don't get this done until close to your interview. You'll need it for the adjustment of status. I used the commissionaires. It was something like $70 and I had an RCMP check with fingerprints and picture back in like 3 days.

Packet 3 is now all on you. You do NOT need anything from the staff at the consulate.

Packet 3 is basically a set of instructions that indicated that you need to fill out a DS-160 and answer the questions to the best of your ability. They know you are canadian and travel across the border frequently. I wrote the specific times I visited my then fiancee going back two years. Print EVERY page as you answer. These questions may come up again at your interview and you want to answer the same. When you're done, you'll get a pdf confirmation in your email, attach this to your p3 email. Also PRINT IT. I repeat, PRINT IT. you need it to get into the consulate. It's your ticket. Send in a scan of your passport, and whatever else it says you need and you're good. Finally, if you have not received one at this point, Phone the national visa center and ask for your montreal case number. Write it down exactly, you will need it for EVERYTHING.

After you send in your stuff, the waiting game begins. What you are waiting for is an email from the consulate. Mine took about 3 weeks. THE EMAIL IS PACKET 4. Print it out, you will need it to get into the consulate. It's just a series of reminders and instructions on how to book an appointment with the doctor and the consulate. Why the packet 4 pdf on the consulate website then? it's simply the updated requirements of what to bring with you to your appointment. THE US GOVERNMENT DOESN'T UPDATE ITS OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS OFTEN. This is why you get "ready to book appointment" on the state department website when your technically not. There are also contradictory instructions on the packet 4 email you will receive. Just ignore most of it and go by the pdf on the consulate website.

Book your appointment, print that email and confirmation and then make plans to go to the doctor and head to montreal.

you also have to scan the packet 3 checklist after you fill it out and sign it and then send that in too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.