Christopher R.

Very disappointing - Trying to get visa for my mother-in-law

49 posts in this topic

Christopher... You seem to be missing the point that many people are point out so let me see if I can narrow the focus.

Is your mother in law ACTUALLY going to live in the USA? You said you couldn't pay her to do so, but yet here you are, presenting this as the final solution to the "unable to get a visitor visa" problem. Tax implications are the least of YOUR worries, but becoming a citizen would be your mother-in-laws, especially if she doesn't want to live here.

I do enjoy your generalizations though. You seem to feel you're special and very individual compared to the "rest of us." So while I enjoy being lumped into pile of "lesser than" humans, reading your posts just about gives me eye strain so I'll ask that you forgo the long answer for the short and sweet, if you'd be so kind?

Have a wonderful weekend.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

I especially enjoy responding to know-it-alls who actually know nothing. So, Chris..did you personally go behind the windows and observe the COs 'not reviewing' papers? have you taken consular training? Do you have training in immigration law? have you ever interviewed anyone seeking a visa to the US? My bet that the answers to all of these questions (and more) is 'no.' So, form where did you derive all of this 'insider' knowledge? Likely from your back pocket (and the orifice near it).

Your labeling the security guard as a 'moron' just shows what a dweeb you really are. Having been the petitioner on one (count 'em, one) immigrant visa does not make you an expert on tourist visa adjudications.

do you even know what tests and exams a foreign service must pass in order to become one? Tests and exams that you could not even come close to passing. How about how much time a new CO gets training? Ever been through that yourself? Yet you cannot wait to cast aspersions on a group of people you don't even know.

As I said earlier, the CO in question has probably laughed herself to sleep after hearing about your escapades with the guard....I would (and have).

Our visa process is far from perfect, but the last thing it needs is input from those who reside in trailer parks, wishing they were somebody.

Your pathetic attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of some CO failed, as it has for years involving thousands of visa applicants who tried the same shallow ruse. You are pouting over it. You rant, you rave, you insult...yet...your MIL is still shredding cabbage thousands of miles from here. Guess bullying the guard did not cause the CO to review her decision. Moron indeed.

So tell us...with all of your vast insider knowledge of the visa process (at least, according to you), why hasn't the State Dept send a limo to your front door, carrying Secretary Kerry, who would then get on his hands and knees and beg you to take over consular operations worldwide? Let me guess.....perhaps the answer is the term you used earlier: moron.

Edited by RhettVoe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has been reviewed, and it's clear that hotly opposing opinions have devolved into name-calling. Lest there be more, this thread is closed to further input. Please avoid restarting it. The OP is free to let us know the result of the process if a future attempt toward a tourist visa proves to be successful, or after his wife becomes a U.S. citizen and applies for the mother-in-law.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.