Magnolia31

OMG, somebody HELP!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Somebody help me! I have my interview in Frankfurt on February 2nd. I received a letter form the consulate today which has me afwully confused and nervous! Here is what it says:

Dear Cockrell, Sandra:

Our records show that you are the beneficiary of a K1 fiance(e) petition.

An approval K1 petition is valid for 4 months from the date of approval. Since your petitioned was approved more than 4 months ago it is expired. It may be revalidated for an additional 4 months provided the Consular Officer concludes that the petitioner's and the beneficiary's intentions are still to get married. Please ask your fiance(e) to send us a letter stating that both of you remain legally free to marry and that you continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after your admission into the United States. If you do not contact us within 6 months your petition will be destroyed.

OK - why are they sending me this? What for? I mean, I just got letter from them in December with my interview date and everything else. I am really confused and don't know if I am now still supposed to go to my interview or not. I swear, these people are more than backward and frustrating! I tried calling them but the darn pone just rings and rings.

Sandra

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's just as they state, an approved petition is only valid for 4 months, all they want is one of those intent to marry letters sent to them so they can go ahead and continue with your process, knowing that you still want it. It's nothing to worry about and once they have the letter they'll extend your NOA2 validity and you'll go to your interview just fine. Just ask your fiance to send the letter.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
It's just as they state, an approved petition is only valid for 4 months, all they want is one of those intent to marry letters sent to them so they can go ahead and continue with your process, knowing that you still want it. It's nothing to worry about and once they have the letter they'll extend your NOA2 validity and you'll go to your interview just fine. Just ask your fiance to send the letter.

OK. Why do they do this though? The reason the petition expired is because they take so long. Is this a normal thing that everyone gets?

Thank you for the fast response.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Somebody help me! I have my interview in Frankfurt on February 2nd. I received a letter form the consulate today which has me afwully confused and nervous! Here is what it says:

Dear Cockrell, Sandra:

An approval K1 petition is valid for 4 months from the date of approval. Since your petitioned was approved more than 4 months ago it is expired. It may be revalidated for an additional 4 months provided the Consular Officer concludes that the petitioner's and the beneficiary's intentions are still to get married. Please ask your fiance(e) to send us a letter stating that both of you remain legally free to marry and that you continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after your admission into the United States. If you do not contact us within 6 months your petition will be destroyed.

OK - why are they sending me this? What for? I mean, I just got letter from them in December with my interview date and everything else. I am really confused and don't know if I am now still supposed to go to my interview or not. I swear, these people are more than backward and frustrating! I tried calling them but the darn pone just rings and rings.

Sandra

Do not be nervous, simply do as they ask... They simply want a re-affirmation of your intent. Please remember you are dealing with bureaucrats, it is a procedural thing...

Phoning the consulate is not always the best method of contact... Have you tried e-mail?

OK. Why do they do this though? The reason the petition expired is because they take so long. Is this a normal thing that everyone gets?

Is it normal? I would say it is not abnormal or unusual for them to make this request.....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, it's a normal thing, I mean, it's normal for petitions to be extended at their will or at the request of the petitioner and the beneficiary, all they want is confirmation. I'd send two intent to marry letters now, one from you and one from your fiance, with original signatures (no copies).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree. Get your fiance to send them a letter stating, that you both are still legally free to marry and willing to do so withing 90 days of your entering the United States (as soon as you have the visa of course). No big deal, it just sucks that you have to work extra because they took their sweet time.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

Dear Cockrell, Sandra:

Sandra

Do not be nervous, simply do as they ask... They simply want a re-affirmation of your intent. Please remember you are dealing with bureaucrats, it is a procedural thing...

Phoning the consulate is not always the best method of contact... Have you tried e-mail?

Is it normal? I would say it is not abnormal or unusual for them to make this request.....

Thank you! I will have my fiance write the letter and mail it off TODAY! I'm so glad I found this forum - you guys are truly helpful.

Yes, it's a normal thing, I mean, it's normal for petitions to be extended at their will or at the request of the petitioner and the beneficiary, all they want is confirmation. I'd send two intent to marry letters now, one from you and one from your fiance, with original signatures (no copies).

Ok - good idea. I will write one too! Thanks a lot! :)

I agree. Get your fiance to send them a letter stating, that you both are still legally free to marry and willing to do so withing 90 days of your entering the United States (as soon as you have the visa of course). No big deal, it just sucks that you have to work extra because they took their sweet time.

I guess that is the part that is so irritating to me - the fact that they took so long and now I need to run around even more. I have anxiety disorder and this kind of stuff upsets my stomach. LOL

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Nothing to worry about, just get the letter(s) sent off. Could you fill in a timeline with your dates? It'd be helpful... if you click on 'my assistant' on the top right-ish, then 'edit/add my timeline', you can enter all the relevant info. It'll help other people going through the process. Good luck at the interview! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Timeline
Nothing to worry about, just get the letter(s) sent off. Could you fill in a timeline with your dates? It'd be helpful... if you click on 'my assistant' on the top right-ish, then 'edit/add my timeline', you can enter all the relevant info. It'll help other people going through the process. Good luck at the interview! :)

Thank you! I will try to fill out the timeline as best as possible. I honestly don't remember all the dates too well but I will backtrack and fill it in as I get the info. All I remember is filing in April, getting the approval letter in July, and getting my interview date in December. I kinda stopped keeping track because keeping track reminded me of how long everything was taking. Sadly, there was a time in September last year where I almost gave up on the fiance visa due to the long wait. ~sigh~

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Thank you! I will try to fill out the timeline as best as possible. I honestly don't remember all the dates too well but I will backtrack and fill it in as I get the info. All I remember is filing in April, getting the approval letter in July, and getting my interview date in December. I kinda stopped keeping track because keeping track reminded me of how long everything was taking. Sadly, there was a time in September last year where I almost gave up on the fiance visa due to the long wait. ~sigh~

I would think that the same letter you put in with your I-129F just with a new date should be fine..

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Here is the sample VJ letter I'm going to use.

extend_approval.doc

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Here is the sample VJ letter I'm going to use.

Good call Dean iwait !!!

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.