8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello
ny name is zaari i have just came from morocco to the united state with a dv lottery for about 1 month i am married . When i was in the interview in Moroccan's embassy they asked me about my wife either she will join me or not for the moment than i said when i will satteled i will need her to be with me . Well my question.here is that what shall i do to see my wife here with me
thanks in advance

(full name has been removed for personal security reasons - VJ Moderation Team)

Edited by Kathryn41
to edit out personally identifying information

Timeline

first of all i would like to thank you for your interest concerning my topic i really need your help as you know i am still new in this country and i have no idea concerning what i have to do

well my wife was not with me when i was in the interview because i was the last one in morocco who gave his papers to the embassy but they asked me either i am married or not and i said yes then i did provide them with my translated marriage act. then they asked me when your wife will join you then i said after 2 or 3 month i will need her to be with me after that they told me ok

what shall i do and what are the steps that i have to follow?????

thanks in advance

She should still be on your DV petition. Contact the embassy for the next steps to get her her own visa. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

first of all i would like to thank you for your interest concerning my topic i really need your help as you know i am still new in this country and i have no idea concerning what i have to do

well my wife was not with me when i was in the interview because i was the last one in morocco who gave his papers to the embassy but they asked me either i am married or not and i said yes then i did provide them with my translated marriage act. then they asked me when your wife will join you then i said after 2 or 3 month i will need her to be with me after that they told me ok

what shall i do and what are the steps that i have to follow?????

thanks in advance

how long we have to wait for my wife's visa ???????

Timeline
how long we have to wait for my wife's visa ???????

dear all kindlly what i have just received fro the embassy

Thank you for your email inquiry. You may help your spouse become a lawful permanent resident of the United States by obtaining what is often referred to as a “green card.” To do so, you need to sponsor your wife and be able to prove that you have enough income or assets to support your wife when they come to the United States.

You begin the process by filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This form establishes the family relationship that exists between you and your relative. The form is available on our website at www.uscis.gov. Sometimes the I-130 can be filed together with an application for permanent residence (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).

Did you ask them about the winning DV application? or just ask as a GC holder?

From this post it seems there is a limit on follow-to-join benefits for spouses. With no timeline it is impossible to know when you got your visa and if the deadline is over. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367581-follow-to-join-visa-quetions/?p=5371771

From their response, it seems like you asked "I am a GC holder, how can I get my wife?" To get the answers you seek, you need to be careful about the questions you ask. Did you ask anything about the DV lottery benefits for spouses?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes i told them that i got my visa through the DV lottery of 2013 and i got it untill 27 september 2013 and my wife was not with me during the interview

so i think that i must fill the form 130 petition for my wife

My question when i will fill this form do i have to send it online to the website of homeland or what shall i do !

and what are the other douments that i need to process my wife's visa ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.