Mr. Big Dog

Christian militias take bloody revenge on Muslims in Central African Republic

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Children are reportedly targeted by Christian anti-balaka gangs set up in wake of attacks by Muslim Seleka rebels

They brought in the bodies one by one, laying them down on a white sheet concealed behind a flimsy black curtain. Among them was a man, probably in his 20s, his head twisted leftward, the skull dented on one side and cracked open on the other. The others also had fatal head injuries that stained the sheet crimson. The first flies began settling on the five corpses.

In the courtyard outside, voices were raised in anger and bewilderment. Mothers in pink and purple hijabs sobbed and wailed and a middle-aged man, possibly unused to naked shows of emotion, sat and gently wept. Finally the iron gate of the mosque was thrown open and the mourners surged forward to gaze at the dead. An imam, donning a plastic smock over his white robe, prepared to wash them while another man began cutting cotton shrouds for the day's burials.

The macabre scene in an area known as PK5 has become almost commonplace in Bangui, the humid and decaying capital of the Central African Republic (CAR), where Muslims are under siege. It has also been played out in towns and villages in the west of the country, redrawing the demographic map.

Muslims came here to trade in the early 19th century and made up 15% of the CAR's population a year ago, but since then untold thousands have been killed or displaced or have fled to neighbouring countries. The UN said last week that while 130,000 to 145,000 Muslims normally lived in the capital, Bangui, the population had been reduced to around 10,000 in December and now stood at just 900.

Amnesty International has called it "ethnic cleansing" and warned of a "Muslim exodus of historic proportions".

As the anti-balaka responded, he added, children were no longer caught in the crossfire but deliberately targeted. "There were bullets in the heads and chests of children. It's not possible they were there by accident. It's as if people are trying to finish off another race. It's about extreme revenge and it's brutal."

Children are reportedly targeted by Christian anti-balaka gangs set up in wake of attacks by Muslim Seleka rebels

They brought in the bodies one by one, laying them down on a white sheet concealed behind a flimsy black curtain. Among them was a man, probably in his 20s, his head twisted leftward, the skull dented on one side and cracked open on the other. The others also had fatal head injuries that stained the sheet crimson. The first flies began settling on the five corpses.

In the courtyard outside, voices were raised in anger and bewilderment. Mothers in pink and purple hijabs sobbed and wailed and a middle-aged man, possibly unused to naked shows of emotion, sat and gently wept. Finally the iron gate of the mosque was thrown open and the mourners surged forward to gaze at the dead. An imam, donning a plastic smock over his white robe, prepared to wash them while another man began cutting cotton shrouds for the day's burials.

The macabre scene in an area known as PK5 has become almost commonplace in Bangui, the humid and decaying capital of the Central African Republic (CAR), where Muslims are under siege. It has also been played out in towns and villages in the west of the country, redrawing the demographic map.

Muslims came here to trade in the early 19th century and made up 15% of the CAR's population a year ago, but since then untold thousands have been killed or displaced or have fled to neighbouring countries. The UN said last week that while 130,000 to 145,000 Muslims normally lived in the capital, Bangui, the population had been reduced to around 10,000 in December and now stood at just 900.

Amnesty International has called it "ethnic cleansing" and warned of a "Muslim exodus of historic proportions".

As the anti-balaka responded, he added, children were no longer caught in the crossfire but deliberately targeted. "There were bullets in the heads and chests of children. It's not possible they were there by accident. It's as if people are trying to finish off another race. It's about extreme revenge and it's brutal."

That's horrible. I wish people could learn to love and respect each other.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Are you trying to put us trolls out of work?

Not you, I like your trolling. It's the "other" trolls I'm worried about.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's horrible. I wish people could learn to love and respect each other.

I wish lollipops grew on trees but they don't.

Well finally, somewhere in the world were Muslims are on the run.

I imagine there are plenty of vacant houses in half a dozen countries in the Middle east... why with all the Christians that have fled.

Peace, the brief moment when both sides are reloading.

T Jefferson

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

All this turn the other check sh!t has been distorted to turn people into sheeple.

I am all for = an eye for an eye and 2 of yours if you take 1 of mine.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Since you ask - yes..yes "they" did. but..if u don't mind explaining...who exactly..in your world... is ..."they"..?

"They" - in the context of my post - would be those who authored the Bible. Not difficult to ascertain, really.

Agreed. ..is there an &..or did you just want to point that out...? :huh:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Sure, I just wanted to underscore the point made right prior - that slaughtering children is so very Christian.

Oh....well...I don't see it the same as you.

I see "slaughtering children is so very" human.

& those which suggest Christianity is culpable = ignorant.

& those which slaughter children in the name of Christianity are apostates.

& I also perceive humanity & Christianity are not the same although many follow the line of thought - should be.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: Timeline

Oh....well...I don't see it the same as you.

I see "slaughtering children is so very" human.

& those which suggest Christianity is culpable = ignorant.

& those which slaughter children in the name of Christianity are apostates.

& I also perceive humanity & Christianity are not the same although many follow the line of thought - should be.

Well, then. Do you extend this line of thinking to other religions as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All this turn the other check sh!t has been distorted to turn people into sheeple.

I am all for = an eye for an eye and 2 of yours if you take 1 of mine.

YEah, if you notice, ever since the Hippy Jesus mentality took over, Christianity has been in decline.

It's time to heed the words of the Master.

Luke 22

35Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36He said to them, But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’b ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I wish lollipops grew on trees but they don't.

They grow on trees in the land where women stay inside all day, far away from the dangers of the outdoors.

Go there, Danno! Be free!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.