Danno

Fort Hood SHooting

122 posts in this topic

What did you tell me? Let it go? It's a shame that folks can't just admit they were wrong and apologize.

I rarely get too involved with conversations here anymore, but if someone's going to accuse me of laughing at people dying, then I'd like them to be able to back it up with SOMETHING.

But yes, I should know better.

It's very likely that today's soldiers would overwhelmingly agree with the idea that they be allowed to arm themselves on base in the USA.

It's funny how I am an Armed Forces member and you find it so hard to agree with me. We can have guns on base, but not CC. It's a hassle just trying to get the paperwork through the base commander, and like I said, I've never felt safer than on base.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Yup, that's all it is. But we'll pretend to be shocked and saddened for a moment until we move on with this American gun madness. In fact, we'll hear that we need more guns to make it stop.

They are so predictable, aren't they? :lol:

It's time to allow our soldiers to arm themselves on base. The pattern of crazed fanatics and troubled souls will only get worse in today's world.

Filed: Other Timeline

It's funny how I am an Armed Forces member and you find it so hard to agree with me. We can have guns on base, but not CC. It's a hassle just trying to get the paperwork through the base commander, and like I said, I've never felt safer than on base.

It would not be wise to arm all servicemen in the US. However, it's not wise to only allow military police to carry a weapon. Some are more suitable to carry and over the time of their service have won the approval and trust of their superiors and peers.

I agree with you on this. I am a Vietnam veteran who is keenly aware as to what it's like to watch the people of America turn their back on you. So, how does that get fixed when the current administration wants to cut funding to the military and is not addressing this issue?

First, why don't you stop blaming the current administration? VA was broken years before the world even knew who Barrack Obama was, so let's cut the partisan #######.

I'm surprised you're a Vet. You should know the level of security on base is pretty high, it's the reason I don't even bother to get a gun.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

First, why don't you stop blaming the current administration? VA was broken years before the world even knew who Barrack Obama was, so let's cut the partisan #######.

I'm surprised you're a Vet. You should know the level of security on base is pretty high, it's the reason I don't even bother to get a gun.

In my view, the partisan ####### is a part of the whole picture. The VA never worked well, that is true. So, what would you suggest is a good method to better protect our servicemen from these kind of attacks on base, and also to better address the emotional, mental, and physical wounds they suffer in battle and deployment?

I rarely get too involved with conversations here anymore, but if someone's going to accuse me of laughing at people dying, then I'd like them to be able to back it up with SOMETHING.

But yes, I should know better.

I'm in the same boat. And it's cool because you're talking about what you believe, I know it's frustrating trying to converse with folks here who are opposed to you just based on what they think you might be.

It would not be wise to arm all servicemen in the US. However, it's not wise to only allow military police to carry a weapon. Some are more suitable to carry and over the time of their service have won the approval and trust of their superiors and peers.

Yes, and those same folks can flip a switch and start shooting people at a moment's notice. It's a risk I don't want to take, but something tells me there's going to be a big push for it soon.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yes, and those same folks can flip a switch and start shooting people at a moment's notice. It's a risk I don't want to take, but something tells me there's going to be a big push for it soon.

Personally, I would prefer to take my chances with that option than accepting the current alternative.

In my view, the partisan ####### is a part of the whole picture. The VA never worked well, that is true. So, what would you suggest is a good method to better protect our servicemen from these kind of attacks on base, and also to better address the emotional, mental, and physical wounds they suffer in battle and deployment?

People seem to forget. We were in a recession before the current administration came into place. This wasn't some paradise that the POTUS turned into a nightmare. It was already bad. And we've had recessions before then as well. Both sides of the aisle have issues. So IMO, the whole Liberal/Conservative beef is stupid, because both sides have screwed up and if we could stop with the name calling and listen to what each other has to say, this place would be more pleasant.

Like I said there is no viable solution to stopping something like this. I'd like our folks that serve downrange to get the best care money can buy, they've earned it many times over. I also think you shouldn't be able to serve in Congress or be the President without serving in the military. That will give you a better perspective when you talk about cutting funds and closing commissaries. And as of now, you can have access to guns on base. The PX is now selling them.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I agree with you on this. I am a Vietnam veteran who is keenly aware as to what it's like to watch the people of America turn their back on you. So, how does that get fixed when the current administration wants to cut funding to the military and is not addressing this issue?

You need to enter reality in regards to how this administration has made Veterans a priority and sharply increased funding for Veterans Affairs.

[reality]

Vets salute Obama on funding

While watchdogs caution there’s still a long list of problems for veterans, all sides agree the President Obama has made big strides on promises he made in 2008 when competing for military votes against Republican nominee and Vietnam veteran Sen. John McCain - to fully fund the Veterans Administration, expand access to care in rural areas and improve treatment for mental health conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

“The accessibility with this administration has been outstanding. They listen, they reach out to the veterans’ service organizations, they see the value in communicating,” Peter Gaytan, executive director of the American Legion, the nation’s largest veterans’ organization, with 2.5 million members.

And that from the Washington Times - one of the most viral Obama hating publications out there. Not even they can fault him on his commitment to Vets.

Out of 15 promises Obama made regarding Veterans, he has fulfilled 10, compromised on 3 and broken 1 (the backlog) - the remaining (last on the list) is still in the works..

Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Expand Veterans Centers in rural areas

Establish standards of care for traumatic brain injury treatment

Fully fund the Veterans Administration

Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as 'must-pass' legislation

Allow all veterans back into the Veterans Administration

Make the Veterans Administration a national leader in health reform

Expand the Veterans Administration's number of "centers of excellence" in specialty care

Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog

Institute electronic record-keeping for the Veterans Benefits Administration

Expand housing vouchers program for homeless veterans

Launch a supportive services-housing program for veterans to prevent homelessness

Dedicate more resources to fight employment discrimination against military reservists

Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans

Create a veterans job corps

[/reality]

now carry on in your bubble....

Personally, I would prefer to take my chances with that option than accepting the current alternative.

Depending on if you have a chance to pull and get the shot off.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You need to enter reality in regards to how this administration has made Veterans a priority and sharply increased funding for Veterans Affairs.

[reality]

And that from the Washington Times - one of the most viral Obama hating publications out there. Not even they can fault him on his commitment to Vets.

Out of 15 promises Obama made regarding Veterans, he has fulfilled 10, compromised on 3 and broken 1 (the backlog) - the remaining (last on the list) is still in the works..

Increase the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Expand Veterans Centers in rural areas

Establish standards of care for traumatic brain injury treatment

Fully fund the Veterans Administration

Assure that the Veterans Administration budget is prepared as 'must-pass' legislation

Allow all veterans back into the Veterans Administration

Make the Veterans Administration a national leader in health reform

Expand the Veterans Administration's number of "centers of excellence" in specialty care

Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog

Institute electronic record-keeping for the Veterans Benefits Administration

Expand housing vouchers program for homeless veterans

Launch a supportive services-housing program for veterans to prevent homelessness

Dedicate more resources to fight employment discrimination against military reservists

Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans

Create a veterans job corps

[/reality]

now carry on in your bubble....

Nice.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And the post goes quiet.

Of course. There's no need to have a conversation when you can't blame certain people. Remember when Lost was in here posting links about updates? The second he found out Islam isn't to blame, he went to the Du pont thread to rant about how horrible black people are. Exexpat was in here deep when he thought it was a muslim shooter, now he started another thread about a kidnapping in Malaysia that deals with Muslims. Hell, Danno lost interest when he realized there was no Islam angle.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg