Danno

Fort Hood SHooting

122 posts in this topic

You're a liberal. Maybe one day you won't be so surprised that there are many people who do not see the world as you do.

If you think that's the part that surprises me, then it's clear you're not following the conversation.

But congratulations on your prejudice. I'm sure it will serve you well.

Filed: Other Timeline

If you think that's the part that surprises me, then it's clear you're not following the conversation.

But congratulations on your prejudice. I'm sure it will serve you well.

I'm just not going to take your stupid bait. That's all. Get over it.

I'm just not going to take your stupid bait. That's all. Get over it.

I'm sorry you think I'm baiting you.

In fact, I'm just reacting to the illogical conclusion you decided to jump to and broadcast for the rest of us before you actually knew what was going on.

Maybe you should keep it to yourself next time if you don't want people to comment on it?

I'm sorry you think I'm baiting you.

In fact, I'm just reacting to the illogical conclusion you decided to jump to and broadcast for the rest of us before you actually knew what was going on.

Maybe you should keep it to yourself next time if you don't want people to comment on it?

You're attempt to steer this thread off-base is noted. This tragic event involves death and injury that may or may not have been prevented. My personal views have no bearing on what happened, and given your methods, it's very unlikely you could ever have an effect to change my point of view. Now, if you don't mind, perhaps we can discuss the event rather than dealing with your personal beef with me. Okay? How about that?

You're attempt to steer this thread off-base is noted. This tragic event involves death and injury that may or may not have been prevented. My personal views have no bearing on what happened, and given your methods, it's very unlikely you could ever have an effect to change my point of view. Now, if you don't mind, perhaps we can discuss the event rather than dealing with your personal beef with me. Okay? How about that?

:lol:

I am not trying to change your point of view.

I do not have a personal beef with you.

I am reacting to comments you made. If you don't want people to do that, don't make the comments. Especially in a discussion forum.

If you want to keep your personal views out of a tragic incident, perhaps you should leave them out. Perhaps your first post about this tragic incident shouldn't have been about Islam.

Now that someone is reacting to your incorrect assumptions, you want to discuss the facts of the event. The facts did not matter to you when you originally posted, but now you'd like to take the high road.

That's funny.

Now that someone is reacting to your incorrect assumptions, you want to discuss the facts of the event. The facts did not matter to you when you originally posted, but now you'd like to take the high road.

That's funny.

Sad to see that you find this tragic event as funny. It's not surprising though.

Sad to see that you find this tragic event as funny. It's not surprising though.

Really. Please show me anywhere that I said this tragic event was funny. I'll wait.

Actually, it was your personal views that started the other thread down the path it delved into. Had you posted a link to the shooting and let the information come out, this is a conversation you wouldn't be having. But, I know if not you, then someone else would have made the assumption regardless. It's so sad that on a website that boasts all different walks of life, narrow mindness still seems to be the soup of the day.

And I stand behind what I said, arming folks isn't the answer. I live it every day and I feel more safe here than out there. I don't need a gun to protect my family or myself and Allah forbid if something like this happens when I'm around, I pray I have the courage to try and stop more loss of life without having to kill someone.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Really. Please show me anywhere that I said this tragic event was funny. I'll wait.

Gary, is that you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's time to allow our soldiers to arm themselves on base. The pattern of crazed fanatics and troubled souls will only get worse in today's world.

No it's not. It's time to make sure the military gets the proper treatment when they come back from DR. The VA is a joke, they deserve better.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I have a feeling I'll be waiting awhile. :(

What did you tell me? Let it go? It's a shame that folks can't just admit they were wrong and apologize.

Not to mention that there are very similar passages in the Bible, too. Death to non-believers, death to those that worship another god, yadda, yadda, yadda. Someday, you people will realize that the Bible and Quran are at their core really one and the same freaking book. All of you have been had! Over the centuries, billions of people fought, killed, died and sacrificed for nothing.

Last time I made the similarities between the Quran and the Bible known, I was insulted. Too bad folks can't see it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

No it's not. It's time to make sure the military gets the proper treatment when they come back from DR. The VA is a joke, they deserve better.

I agree with you on this. I am a Vietnam veteran who is keenly aware as to what it's like to watch the people of America turn their back on you. So, how does that get fixed when the current administration wants to cut funding to the military and is not addressing this issue?