6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi again,

So we filed all three applications together. It didnt occur to me to check the requirements of the latter two because I was filing with AOS and only went by the instructions on here for AOS, which included all three applications, plus biometrics info, and e-notify. Now, the AOS instructions as well as the instructions I printed out from USCIS states to include 2 passport photos. However, I was reading up on EAD stuff just now, and on the checklist here it says to include photos with EAD application. please see below for what is confusing me:

item 1: we sent EAD with AOS so no separate payment is required.

item 2: well that is the EAD application, so that is included in the packet I sent for AOS.

item 3a:I-94 is also in there.

item 3b: not applicable

item 3c: this is what got me on fire, I included ONLY two photos in the packet I sent because that is what it said in the Form I-485 instructions from USCIS website. to include two photos. Should I have had included two for Form I-485 and another 2 for the EAD??? :((

item 4a: doesnt apply since we filed all three together.

item 4b: already in the packet with Form I-485 and EAD and AP. Should I have attached a copy of the I-94 to each of the applications separately?

item 4c: not applicable

item 4d: and there goes the photos requirement again :(

Im sorry, i might be being a bit paranoid, and I should have asked these before hand but at least I'll know what to expect :(

1 Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees.
Note: Applicants filing for this benefit at the same time or while an Adjustment of Status (I-485) application is pending are not required to pay any fee as it was included in the "total cost" of the I-485. 2. Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization properly filed out with correct filing category selected (see example for AOS applicants ©(9)) 3. If Filing as a category (a)(6), K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen then: 3a. Copy of evidence of admission such as an Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of a valid paper I-94 (front and back of form), passport, and K-1 Visa. Use as many of these as possible (I-94 is required); including a copy of the K-1 is recommended. Make clear copies. 3b. A copy of your last EAD (front and back) if any 3c. Two passport-type Photo's (see specification) 4. If Filing as a category ©(9), Adjustment Applicant then: 4a. Copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, is pending. If filing at the same time as AOS (in the same package) then you do not need to provide proof of filing (how could you)! 4b. Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of a valid paper I-94 (front and back of form) 4c. A copy of your last EAD (front and back) if any 4d. Two passport-type photo's (see specification)

I certainly hope not. I filed all 3 applications together as well and only included 2 photos. We have already had 1 RFE sent to us (BC of our co-sponsor) so I assume if there was not enough photos they would have included that on our RFE letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not sure what you are asking but you should include what each form asks for regardless of whether you are filing concurrently or not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Each application is different on its own. Each form must be accompanied by;

1. I-94

2. Bio page and visa page of passport

3. Birth cert

4. 2 passports photos

There isn't any cause for alarm. You will receive an RFE asking for what you didn't add.

item 4b: already in the packet with Form I-485 and EAD and AP. Should I have attached a copy of the I-94 to each of the applications separately?

item 4d: and there goes the photos requirement again :(

Im sorry, i might be being a bit paranoid, and I should have asked these before hand but at least I'll know what to expect :( 1 Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees.

Note: Applicants filing for this benefit at the same time or while an Adjustment of Status (I-485) application is pending are not required to pay any fee as it was included in the "total cost" of the I-485. 2. Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization properly filed out with correct filing category selected (see example for AOS applicants ©(9)) 3. If Filing as a category (a)(6), K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen then: 3a. Copy of evidence of admission such as an Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of a valid paper I-94 (front and back of form), passport, and K-1 Visa. Use as many of these as possible (I-94 is required); including a copy of the K-1 is recommended. Make clear copies. 3b. A copy of your last EAD (front and back) if any 3c. Two passport-type Photo's (see specification) 4. If Filing as a category ©(9), Adjustment Applicant then: 4a. Copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, is pending. If filing at the same time as AOS (in the same package) then you do not need to provide proof of filing (how could you)! 4b. Electronic I-94 Copy or (for older entries) a copy of a valid paper I-94 (front and back of form) 4c. A copy of your last EAD (front and back) if any 4d. Two passport-type photo's (see specification)

Edited by jahk18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you so much. When I saw your reply I immediately sent a return to sender request on UPS. Thank God it hadnt been delivered yet. It will be back to me on Wednesday. By than I will have completed the missing stuff and send it right back out. This way will be much less time consuming than the USCIS receiving the packet, reviewing, sending RFE and a response back. Thanks again.

Each application is different on its own. Each form must be accompanied by;
1. I-94
2. Bio page and visa page of passport
3. Birth cert
4. 2 passports photos
There isn't any cause for alarm. You will receive an RFE asking for what you didn't add.
item 4d: and there goes the photos requirement again sad.png
Im sorry, i might be being a bit paranoid, and I should have asked these before hand but at least I'll know what to expect sad.png 1 Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you so much. When I saw your reply I immediately sent a return to sender request on UPS. Thank God it hadnt been delivered yet. It will be back to me on Wednesday. By than I will have completed the missing stuff and send it right back out. This way will be much less time consuming than the USCIS receiving the packet, reviewing, sending RFE and a response back. Thanks again.

My pleasure. We are in the same boat so we all need to be each other's keeper. It is well with us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.