Mr. Big Dog

Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

The health care bill is making a difference. There are millions of Americans who can now afford a health care plan and their are millions of Americans who can access preventative health care despite having preexisting conditions. What's not to like?

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

You laugh at the idea that people denied access to health care because they happened to be sick before they could purchase insurance should be able to buy health insurance? That's pretty callous.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

You laugh at the idea that people denied access to health care because they happened to be sick before they could purchase insurance should be able to buy health insurance? That's pretty callous.

You point left and drink the snake oil. It was a nice plan that didn't work out.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

The health care bill is making a difference. There are millions of Americans who can now afford a health care plan and their are millions of Americans who can access preventative health care despite having preexisting conditions. What's not to like? Oh, that's right, the extremists would rather ###### about increasing health insurance costs that have been increasing pre Obamacare as if somehow affordable health care contributed significantly to that. That's laughable so thanks for that.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that healthcare is more affordable. It is not, especially for the people who need it most.

Health insurance is indeed more affordable, but that doesn't cure people, it just makes some richer on others' backs.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

You point left and drink the snake oil. It was a nice plan that didn't work out.

Once again, how is it laughable to allow people with pre existing conditions and people who couldn't previously afford health insurance the means to be able to do so? I am not suggesting this was the optimum solution, I am saying that this fact alone is a good thing. Is there a price? Of course there is but it is worth that price if it means that people who should be able to get health insurance and benefit from preventative health care are now able to do so. There is no downside to that. None.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Once again, how is it laughable to allow people with pre existing conditions and people who couldn't previously afford health insurance the means to be able to do so? I am not suggesting this was the optimum solution, I am saying that this fact alone is a good thing. Is there a price? Of course there is but it is worth that price if it means that people who should be able to get health insurance and benefit from preventative health care are now able to do so. There is no downside to that. None.

That's right. It was a nice plan to sell to the American people that their government could fix it. It didn't work out. Wait for chapter two this fall coming to a theater near you.

Edited by ExExpat

You seem to be under the misapprehension that healthcare is more affordable. It is not, especially for the people who need it most.

Health insurance is indeed more affordable, but that doesn't cure people, it just makes some richer on others' backs.

No, I am not mistaken. Insurance allows access to health care. If you do not have it, you have access to very little. Millions of people now have access to care that didn't previously because of that insurance. Not sure why you think that having insurance somehow translates as not actually being able to use it. Perhaps you can explain that?

That's right. It was a nice plan to sell to the American people that their government could fix it. It didn't work out. Wait for chapter two this fall coming to a theater near you.

If you really are that cynical there's no help for you. I am not so blase as to be unconscious of the needs of those who were ignored prior to affordable health care. Millions of Americans are simply better of today than they were a year ago because of this act. It's not perfect, it's certainly not my preferred choice but it is better than the status quo which is all that the fabulous GOP had to offer. Sorry, I don't buy the crazy right wing rhetoric but you are free to do so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not MrBigDog's scheme, it's an American scheme voted for by duly elected officials elected by the populace. America is not a dictatorship, each law applies equally to all citizens and legal residents and each law has been duly implemented on behalf of all citizens and legal residents. It's an American scheme. It may not be perfect, it may not be the best option that could have been chosen and it may indeed have flaws but what it is not is more expensive than what was previously available and it is universally available to EVERYONE not just people who haven't been sick yet. It's better than nothing.

Think about what you just wrote there for a minute......

"It's not more expensive"

This is the wishful thinking that has me so concerned, the program has not even got out of the hanger (certainly not off the ground) and you are convinced it is a money saver.... no matter what the evidence is showing.

Do you really think you are going to give stuff away for free, most of which could never have been had under the old system of using the emergency room.... and we are going to save money!

My friend this is "cost shifting" where you and I pay for it..... in the form of a healthcare tax in our premiums.

Why do you think the the Insurance industry was all in?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Both are correct.

Folks are slow to do it.... yet they will be forced to.

Now will you thank those who will bear the weight of your scheme?

Nonsense. That's simply not possible. Not in the real world, anyway. Either the young don't sign up in which case they are also not burdened with premiums to pay for everyone else. Or they are burdened with the premiums to pay for everyone else in which case they are, in fact, signing up. It's one or the other but it cannot be both. So, which is it?

My scheme? It's not my scheme. And I don't have anyone to thank since I am and always have been paying my own way. I am not one of those free riders whose free ride is now coming to an end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Nonsense. That's simply not possible. Not in the real world, anyway. Either the young don't sign up in which case they are also not burdened with premiums to pay for everyone else. Or they are burdened with the premiums to pay for everyone else in which case they are, in fact, signing up. It's one or the other but it cannot be both. So, which is it?

My scheme? It's not my scheme. And I don't have anyone to thank since I am and always have been paying my own way. I am not one of those free riders whose free ride is now coming to an end.

Bro, they are on the gallows, though not all heads are in the noose yet.

And you know that non compliance penalty will grow rapidly.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn