strawberrycupcake

Still confused about my affadavit of support...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi..

My co sponsor is retired, he makes about 300,000 a year. We have tax returns from '10,'11,and '12 but 2013 won't be ready until October.. I have a letter from his accountant saying that they can't do the taxes yet because they don't have all the paperwork. We also have a year of bank statements. I really don't want my fiancé to be denied because we don't have 2013 tax returns.. What can I do? Can the co sponsor be retired?? The Algerian embassy asks for "last years" taxes and a letter from their employer... Can someone help me

How exactly do you want people to help you ? If embassy wants 2013 taxes from the sponsor, you need to provide them.

Just wanted some advice, that is how I wanted someone to help. It says "last years " taxes. It could be interpreted as "last years available taxes" your answer doesn't really help me at all. Maybe it's how I read it but it just seems rude. Nothing in this process has been black or white, so I am assuming this isn't either. Like the fact that my co sponsor is retired, and doesn't have a letter from his employer. Kthnks

Hi..

My co sponsor is retired, he makes about 300,000 a year. We have tax returns from '10,'11,and '12 but 2013 won't be ready until October.. I have a letter from his accountant saying that they can't do the taxes yet because they don't have all the paperwork. We also have a year of bank statements. I really don't want my fiancé to be denied because we don't have 2013 tax returns.. What can I do? Can the co sponsor be retired?? The Algerian embassy asks for "last years" taxes and a letter from their employer... Can someone help me

When you say 2013 won't be available until October, do you mean that is when those taxes will be filed? Meaning an extension will be filed for 2013 taxes? If this is the case, you may be able to bring a copy of the extension to prove you haven't filed yet..in which the embassy may still accept 2012 as your most recent year. I am not too sure on this, but this is probably the best I can offer.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

But if u are not sure I guess it's best to wait for my dads 2013 1040 instead of using my grandpas affadavit. I just want his visa approved. The 2013 1040 is the only way to prove someone won't become a public charge??

Edited by strawberrycupcake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

But if u are not sure I guess it's best to wait for my dads 2013 1040 instead of using my grandpas affadavit. I just want his visa approved. The 2013 1040 is the only way to prove someone won't become a public charge??

I have exactly the same problem about my co-sponsor not having filed 2013 yet and it is unlikely he will until april.

it would be great if someone knew the answer about the extension..that would help a lot..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.