TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got 2 letters in the mail for the I-129. Stating they'd sent it to the consulate and I got an email saying my I-130 has been shipped today. Im a little confused why I got two letters about the I-129, but glad the I-130 has been sent.

Hello Boris&Kassie.. I wanted to know how many days after filing I130, did u guys file for I129F?

My husband had filed I-130 for me at Nebraska on 19th March and we are still waiting... 6 months now :(

Then, we filed I-129F in June... Since we filed two months later, is that the reason for delay in approval? Really disheartened...

Thats exactly what i got today, now we wait and see if NVC doesnt cancel our 129! Praying!

Hello Tavotevi...

I have the same question for you which I have asked Boris&Kassie above...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

I received my Noa2 on 8/22/2014 stating my case was approved and has been sent to nvc...... however on 9/4/14 I also received a letter saying the same thing... Does anyone know why this happened and which one is the correct date?

Hello, i got the same thing! 2 approval letters, my attorney said to ignore the 2nd one..that its just a mess at uscis.. Judt keep it with the first one

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Timeline

Hello Boris&Kassie.. I wanted to know how many days after filing I130, did u guys file for I129F?

My husband had filed I-130 for me at Nebraska on 19th March and we are still waiting... 6 months now :(

Then, we filed I-129F in June... Since we filed two months later, is that the reason for delay in approval? Really disheartened...

Hello Tavotevi...

I have the same question for you which I have asked Boris&Kassie above...

Hello, i thought the same thing, since i filed the 129 a month after i thought i would get approval after 6 months jnstead of 5, but on my exact 5 months i called and they told me i had to wait a bit longer, however i got approved 2 days later, have you called them? I say you call constantly, it doesnt hurt, you might get someone who will pull out your petition from the batch!

NVC Assigned Case #:

Timeline

Hello, i thought the same thing, since i filed the 129 a month after i thought i would get approval after 6 months jnstead of 5, but on my exact 5 months i called and they told me i had to wait a bit longer, however i got approved 2 days later, have you called them? I say you call constantly, it doesnt hurt, you might get someone who will pull out your petition from the batch!

Yeah...my husband calls often.. Also, filed an e-request. He gets the same response always.. "The file is currently under review with an officer. You will hear something in 30-60 days".. He has been calling since a month now.. :(

Really depressing.

Timeline

Awesome! Expect another email in a few days saying they shipped your approval to NVC!

Hello Tavotevi,

One more thing..was your Alien Registration Number changed when u filed I-129 F ??

Timeline

Hello Tavotevi,

One more thing..was your Alien Registration Number changed when u filed I-129 F ??

Hang in their, all that will pay off! Yes my ARN changed right after they received my 129f, then i just waited until the noa2..when you call do you give the 130 receipt #? If not try that because maybe they are looking at your 129 and not your 130..?.. I dont know.. But i know how u feel..i hope you get good news soon!!

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry I missed the convo. I was out all day. My approval was right around 6 months. I agree, keep contacting them. I had sent an e request and before I got the answer from the request, I got notification both were approved. You're almost there! This process is so hard, but its so worth it! Keep your chin up, your so close!

10-30-13/ Married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (L)

3-7-14/NOA1

5-24-14/ Travelled to Volgograd, Russia to see my hubby (L)

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-17-14/ DS-261 completed

10-21-14/ AOS Invoiced and Paid

10-23-14/ mailed AOS & IV packages together

10-24-14/ NVC Recieved - Scan date

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

10-30-14/ Happy 1 year Anniversary- celebrate via skype (L)

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

11-10-14/ DS260 Completed

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

12-23-14/ CC email confirmation

12-29-14/ Interview scheduled

12-30-14/ CEAC shows IN TRANSIT/ Received P4 Interview letter

1-12-15/ CEAC shows READY

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15 / Interview Moscow

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

2-05-15/ CEAC shows ISSUED

Timeline

Hang in their, all that will pay off! Yes my ARN changed right after they received my 129f, then i just waited until the noa2..when you call do you give the 130 receipt #? If not try that because maybe they are looking at your 129 and not your 130..?.. I dont know.. But i know how u feel..i hope you get good news soon!!

Yea..I always give I130 receipt number to them... May I ask what all u sent with your I129 please? Because I am too drained out in the process..full of negativity.. Just want to make sure I didn't do a blunder.. Actually our lawyer has messed it all up..

I sent wedding pictures, chat transcripts, wedding card and wedding receipts.

Also, we did court marriage in February and filed for I130 according to that. Then we did an Indian wedding in March, so our wedding receipts and wedding card has march dates.. Is that a problem??

Sorry I missed the convo. I was out all day. My approval was right around 6 months. I agree, keep contacting them. I had sent an e request and before I got the answer from the request, I got notification both were approved. You're almost there! This process is so hard, but its so worth it! Keep your chin up, your so close!

Same question to you as I have asked Tavotevi above... Please help.. U guys provide hope to me...

Timeline

Yea..I always give I130 receipt number to them... May I ask what all u sent with your I129 please? Because I am too drained out in the process..full of negativity.. Just want to make sure I didn't do a blunder.. Actually our lawyer has messed it all up..

I sent wedding pictures, chat transcripts, wedding card and wedding receipts.

Also, we did court marriage in February and filed for I130 according to that. Then we did an Indian wedding in March, so our wedding receipts and wedding card has march dates.. Is that a problem??

Same question to you as I have asked Tavotevi above... Please help.. U guys provide hope to me...

I sent exactly the same things for the 129 as I did the 130. I did wedding pics, receipts for everything, chat records, evidence of mailings of packages between us, just anything I thought might show the relationship we have. I dont have a lawyer, I just did alot of research and read these threads. It got me through. It sounds like everything you sent is good.

PD March 28th. Approved 20 minutes ago. Phew...... Good luck to the everyone still waiting! Hope the NVC doesn't take as long.

Congrats!

3-7-14/NOA1

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

Timeline

I sent exactly the same things for the 129 as I did the 130. I did wedding pics, receipts for everything, chat records, evidence of mailings of packages between us, just anything I thought might show the relationship we have. I dont have a lawyer, I just did alot of research and read these threads. It got me through. It sounds like everything you sent is good.

Congrats!

Thanks a lot for info, Boris&Kassie... I got approved at 6-months mark :) God grace :)

Thanks a lot Tavotevi... I got approved at 6-months mark :) God grace :)

Now gearing up for NVC.

Timeline

Thanks a lot for info, Boris&Kassie... I got approved at 6-months mark :) God grace :)

Now gearing up for NVC.

Yay!!! Congratulations!!

3-7-14/NOA1

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

I got and RFE on Friday. I still don't have the RFE letter so I don't know what it's about. For those who got RFE's, can you put the description of your RFE?

Another question, is it a good idea for me to contact my senator at this point?

Thanks

Timeline

Now gearing up for NVC.

Amazing!! Congrats!! Welcome to the next step!! I had faith u would get good news soon! Look at the bright side..we are onliy a few days ahead of u and we can guide each other for whats next :)

NVC Assigned Case #:

Timeline

PD March 28th. Approved 20 minutes ago. Phew...... Good luck to the everyone still waiting! Hope the NVC doesn't take as long.

Awesome! Congrats!

NVC Assigned Case #:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.