devblt

Would you give it up for your immigrating SO

Woud you give up your side of the bed  

81 members have voted

1. 1. If you found out that your immigrating SO likes to sleeps on the same side of the bed as you currently do.. Would you be..

• Willing to give up your favourite side to your SO considering they have just given up their entire life to be with you
    • Not be willing to give it up.. the SO should suck it up and get used to it
    • Toss a coin to see who wins it

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Had a conversation with my SO the other day, and found out that we both like to sleep on the same side of the best (the left side).. we kinda joked out who would have to give up the left side.. we are still 5 months away before she get's here.. but thought it was an interesting question about if the SO who live here in the States would be willing to give up somthing this trival to make their SO's adjust that much easier..

In the end.. I think I would give up the left side for my wife

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

:lol: Funny poll

Of course I picked, "Willing to give up your favourite side to your SO considering they have just given up their entire life to be with you"

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I don't care what side of the bed I sleep on and neither does he. We change around all the time!

same here....except I prefer to sleep on the side of the bed NOT closest to the door. Maybe I watched to many scary movies in the past, lt him be closer to the door where the intruder comes in :P

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no idea what side of the bed i like to sleep on :lol:

I think I always used to sleep in the middle of the bed....

and I notice that I like to sleep on the side away from the door, if possible.... I guess in case someone comes in they will have to go through hubby first :whistle:

hubby also likes to swtich sides all the time, although he hasn't done that in awhile....

I don't care what side of the bed I sleep on and neither does he. We change around all the time!

same here....except I prefer to sleep on the side of the bed NOT closest to the door. Maybe I watched to many scary movies in the past, lt him be closer to the door where the intruder comes in :P

:lol:

I posted my response before I read the other posts...

at least I know I am not the only crazy one :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I voted that we would flip a coin! But mostly because that is how we would joke about it!

Honestly if it were a serious issue between us I would allow him to choose. Nothing to lose sleep over! *grin*

We just kinda happened to sleep where we do. No one picked!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It doesn't matter which side of the bed I sleep on. However, in keeping with the poll, I would have given up my side of the bed for my husband.

LOL, reminds me of a question on here a while back about bathroom tissue.....over or under.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

and I notice that I like to sleep on the side away from the door, if possible.... I guess in case someone comes in they will have to go through hubby first :whistle:

hubby also likes to swtich sides all the time, although he hasn't done that in awhile....

:lol: VJ- the place you come to find you are never alone!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

we both like the left side... there was no question... i happily gave it up

most often tho, we both wind up on the same 2/3rds of the bed, because both of us sleep better in each others arms

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

I have cubital tunnel syndrome* in my right elbow, so if I sleep on the right side I can't snuggle my husband because I need to have my right arm extended (I used to have to wear a brace to break the habit of bending it, but now I've gotten over it). So that wasn't even up for discussion.

*It's like carpal tunnel except: (1) it's a different nerve so it affects the nerves to a different part of your hand, (2) it gets trapped in the elbow and not in the wrist, and (3) it's caused by sleeping with your elbows bent tight and/or spending a lot of time leaning on your elbows, not by repetitive stress.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: VJ- the place you come to find you are never alone!

:thumbs::lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I always sleep on the right side here & at d' Netherlands. He is so nice that he let me pick which side I wanted to sleep... because I told him otherwise I would have nightmares :whistle: (Is that consider a bribe lol :innocent: )

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't care about sides, I care about being far away from the door, always, no matter which side. We got lucky because Charles likes to sleep closest to both bathroom and bedroom door. :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline