Nica_In_Love

Registered to Vote Following Oath Ceremony - Not Showing Up In System

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Just wondering if somebody had some insight about this. I registered to vote immediately after my oath on 2/20 in Chicago. Early voting started yesterday and I am still not showing up in the system when I look up my name and address.

How long does it usually take for one's name to appear in the system? I assume this varies depending on different factors.

Thanks.

I'm sure it depends on your county or whatever. I also registered on the spot at my oath ceremony since the option was there and I think they told me I should get a voter registration card within... maybe 3 weeks? I haven't gone back and checked if I was in the system yet. So let me do that now... ...and no, my registration is not coming up on https://www.pavoterservices.state.pa.us/Pages/VoterRegistrationStatus.aspx

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Timeline

Thanks Shub.

I read some more and it says if I don't get the vote registration card within 4 weeks of registering, then I need to call. So, I guess it can take up to 4 weeks (?)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thanks Shub.

I read some more and it says if I don't get the vote registration card within 4 weeks of registering, then I need to call. So, I guess it can take up to 4 weeks (?)

I took my oath last friday february 28th, I registered to vote the same day. Yesterday I checked if I got registered and They did register me. So as Shub said It depends on your county and how fast they work. Give it max 4 weeks otherwise go to the DMV and register there by yourself. Good luck.

Timeline

I took my oath last friday february 28th, I registered to vote the same day. Yesterday I checked if I got registered and They did register me. So as Shub said It depends on your county and how fast they work. Give it max 4 weeks otherwise go to the DMV and register there by yourself. Good luck.

Looks like your people work faster! Lol.

Just wondering if somebody had some insight about this. I registered to vote immediately after my oath on 2/20 in Chicago. Early voting started yesterday and I am still not showing up in the system when I look up my name and address.

How long does it usually take for one's name to appear in the system? I assume this varies depending on different factors.

Thanks.

I followed up today and looked myself up in the PA voters database, and I am there now. Looks like the system is working tongue.png

I haven't received anything in the mail though, and I think I'm supposed to get something.

Edited by Shub

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Timeline

I followed up today and looked myself up in the PA voters database, and I am there now. Looks like the system is working tongue.png

I haven't received anything in the mail though, and I think I'm supposed to get something.

Good for you!

I just checked and nothing yet. We'll see how long it takes.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Yeah I would call them. Sorry you have to go through that.

Funny story.

My voter registration card appeared in the mail yesterday. Exactly 2 months after registering. Crazy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.