LMLM

Is there no problem if I can go to my home country before going to u.s.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Anyone can experience to go first to their home country before going to U.S. Using K1 visa? Refer my previous post I recently passed my interview at U.S. Consulate Riyadh and they told me that they will process my visa 15 to 30 days period. I am planning to go to Philippines first as I want to see my parents and relatives before going to U.S. I am thinking maybe it's not allowed because the visa was issued here in Riyadh not in

Philippines. I need your suggestion guys. Thank you!

It's perfectly fine to go SA - PI - US. Just don't enter the US and then leave without adjusting your status or having AP.

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

Timeline

It's perfectly fine to go SA - PI - US. Just don't enter the US and then leave without adjusting your status or having AP.

Thanks! What do you mean by having AP? I'm so sorry I'm not familiar with this

I think it should be ok. All that matters is getting to the US POE. Not how you get there.

Hello! What do you mean by POE?

Are you a Philippine citizen? If so you will have to have the CFO stamp prior to leaving the Philippines for the US.

Yes I am philippine citizen and working here in Saudi Arabia. What is CFl stamp? Where can I get this?

Timeline

POE is the Port of Entry in the US. Whichever airport in the US you land at first is your POE.

Thank you.. Hope it should be ok. I'm will going to contact u.s. Consulate and ask this matter.

AP is Advance Parole. You can submit your application for AP with your AOS packet. Usually takes about three months or so to get it, and then you can travel outside the US before you get your green card.

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

CFO means commision of foreign overseas.You need to attend seminar to get a certificate to attach to your passport.the immigration never allow you to enter without this certificate.

Timeline

CFO means commision of foreign overseas.You need to attend seminar to get a certificate to attach to your passport.the immigration never allow you to enter without this certificate.

Hello jolhn69! Thanks for the information? Where can i take this seminar? In the philipines? In which office?

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.