essysita

Post Decision Activity? What to expect?

3 posts in this topic

Hi VJ,

I just checked our current case status for our I-130 petition at the USCIS website. It says there that it is on Post Decision Activity. I was wondering what this means because my husband said that he has not received any other email from USCIS aside from our NOA1. Thank you very much in advance!

Rey

xmIGp8.png

I am the beneficiary.

NVC journey

March 2014

2014-03-10 - NVC Received

April 2014

2014-04-08 - Case number assigned

2014-04-16 - Got Invoice Identification Number (IIN)

- DS-261 submitted

2014-04-17 - AOS invoice available

2014-04-19 - AOS paid

2014-04-21 - IV invoice available

2014-04-25 - AOS invoice shows "PAID"

2014-04-28 - IV invoice paid

- AOS packet sent

May 2014

2014-05-01 - IV invoice shows "PAID"

2014-05-02 - DS-260 available

2014-05-06 - AOS packet received / scanned at NVC

2014-05-26 - IV packet sent

- DS-260 completed

2014-05-30 - Checklist for AOS (Found out by calling NVC)

June 2014

2014-06-02 - IV packet received / scanned at NVC

2014-06-06 - Email for AOS checklist received

2014-06-07 - Response to AOS checklist sent

2014-06-11 - AOS checklist response delivered at NVC

2014-06-16 - AOS checklist response received / scanned at NVC

July 2014

2014-07-10 - IV packet and DS-260 reviewed and accepted

2014-07-25 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!!

September 2014

2014-09-05 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mostly approval but you just filed this month. That was super fast!!! Oh wait... the beneficiary is in Philippines so apparently it was expedited.

Post Decision Activity occurs when a decision has been reached/made by the USCIS, most of the time an approval. I have heard that "Post Decision Activity" is where your file is placed in a deep dark hole never to be heard from again until another petition is made and could be regarding the petitioner or the beneficiary. An example of another petition could be AOS, ROC, Citizenship and I am sure there are examples of others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.