3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The real reason for my immigration was only the law and order situation of pakistan and specially KARACHI.

the artifical masked civil war and law and order situation of karachi , created by pakistani punjabi army estaiblishment made us run away from karachi and pakistan.

more than 8000 people are killed in karachi since 2008.

it doesn't make sense in live in karachi.

the world most deadly city created by its own army estaiblishment.

otherwise pakistan is fun.

islamabad and lahore are cool places to live in pakistan.

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well this will be heart breaking for the families of F4, whoes cases are still pebding , abd they get eliminated.

but at least , after that , they can live a single life , their american dreams would come to end, and they will work hard in their own country.

I will share my story.

we were living 2 lifes in pakistan , we use to say to every one , we will go to america , we will go to america.

now I am here in USA for more than 1 year , and I regret about my past.

I could have enjoyed a lot in pakistan , but we were just saving for USA.

now here , we had to start again from scratch.

off course , only rich and middle class people of pakistan have access to america.

so I can tell you guys , middle class and rich life of pakistan is hundred times better than this life of USA.

we had servants in pakistan , we were living life of a king there.

here we have to do every thing our self.

you have to get lot of education to get some good job , at least you have to go till masters.

other wise , lay man jobs are waiting for you.

fold cloths , sell food , wash dishes ,... this is all what you get.

Well guys don't worry at all. Cases approved by USCIS and waiting at NVC will never be eliminated.

Timeline

NVC takes too long to review the documents...This Wednesday, it would be 60 days since we submitted our docs but i wonder if we would get a response...Does anyone knows how much time exactly it takes at present to get notification from NVC?

Timeline

NVC takes too long to review the documents...This Wednesday, it would be 60 days since we submitted our docs but i wonder if we would get a response...Does anyone knows how much time exactly it takes at present to get notification from NVC?

It should come after 60 days...Normally u will surely get answer within 60 days...

Anyways - What's ur PD

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA all

Today i check CEAC site and my Visa was issued :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: given interview on 20th Nov at Islamabad (PD was 07 Feb) and today status is issued

A new life is ahead always miss my Country Jasa be hay. A person says we have to start from scratch yes that true we will suffer but our Children will have a better life away from all harassment of MULA and there so called Dump followers.

I will update Interview experience shortly

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

AOA all

Today i check CEAC site and my Visa was issued :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: given interview on 20th Nov at Islamabad (PD was 07 Feb) and today status is issued

A new life is ahead always miss my Country Jasa be hay. A person says we have to start from scratch yes that true we will suffer but our Children will have a better life away from all harassment of MULA and there so called Dump followers.

Nomi congrats . Plz share your interview experience in details ....

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA all

That is true.

USA is a free country.

welcome to Azaaad free country.

Savvy Boy

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA all

As i told that i will share my F4 Interview experience with you people so here it is. Its a really a short interview we reached ISB a day before interview and on Interview day reached DSS at 0645 got our ticket and reached US embassy at 0715 there was on Q for general visa and Yellow Q is for Immigration visa at window we Show our P4 and two pics with Passport guy give us a token 5-- (5 serial is for immigration visa) after a brief checking we enter a hall and sat one chair it was 8 o clock

Around 45 mints passed guard call our No, we went in a small room for Finger prints a local guy was standing outside and a US personal was sitting in side she call names person go to window put his/her hands she ask passport and two pics then ask your date of birth match your pic and then start taking your FP each family member gave there prints. FP of my Kids below 12 were not taken and in there place I give my Finger Prints. Due to some reasons Left hand Prints are not coming local Guy standing asking to rub fingers but nothing .......... then the lady ask why ???? my wife said that as i am a House wife and may be due to washing and cutting there is an issue!!!!!!! lady says oh ok than i write a note. so we completed one step.

After all prints she gave us our latter with all Picks staple on it the guard of other room collect that paper from us and says please sit and Waite your No will be called after 15-20 mints our no was called on window 0_ we went there a local guy collect our Medical, Passports, Original Birth Certificates, Petitioner Birth Certificate, Our Marriage Certificate both in URDU and in English, and ask who is calling you i told him then he ask are your kids are engaged or married i smile and said no not at all they are too young. He said Ok documents are complete please let me know in which language you will give interview i said in English he said ok have a seat you will be called for Interview.

Then around 1030 we were called on window 0_ an American guy was sitting he have us Oath to Read in loud voice so all can listen i do it then i told him that there is a mistake in my DS260 which i want to correct he said what that i explain him the mistake he wrote it on Post-it and said ok

1- who is calling you ?

2- How she went to USA ?

3- What she do ?

4- What Her Husband do ?

5- how many kids she had ?

6- there Ages

then he says Congratulation i am approving your visa you will get in TWO week time we thanks him and yohhhh its done ....................... Yes its done

we came out from Embassy take a shuttle back and pick our car from car parking and ENJOY with kids

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

National Visa Center No Longer Collecting Original Civil Documents
The National Visa Center (NVC) will cease collecting original civil documents in support of immigrant visa (IV) applications as of November 12, 2014.

Most applicants will be required to submit photocopies of supporting documents (such as birth, marriage, and police certificates) and will be instructed to take their original documents to their interviews for review.

This does not include Affidavit of Support forms, which petitioners will still submit to NVC for initial evaluation.

New Instructions to Applicants:

After applicants and petitioners collect the Affidavit of Support form(s), financial evidence, and supporting civil documents, they are instructed to submit all of the documents to NVC. As of November 12, 2014, applicants at non-electronic processing posts will be instructed to submit photocopies of their civil documents by mail.

NVC will review the copies and, when the case is documentarily complete, will place the copies into the file, which will be sent to post, increasing the number of cases that are documentarily qualified. When the appointment is scheduled, NVC will instruct applicants to bring their original documents to the interview for evaluation and final case processing.

Original Affidavit of Support forms will still be submitted to NVC for initial evaluation. Applicants at designated electronic processing posts will continue to submit their documents via email.

NVC anticipates this change will maintain the integrity of the IV process, reduce customer wait times, and improve the customer experience overall.

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Timeline

AOA all

As i told that i will share my F4 Interview experience with you people so here it is. Its a really a short interview we reached ISB a day before interview and on Interview day reached DSS at 0645 got our ticket and reached US embassy at 0715 there was on Q for general visa and Yellow Q is for Immigration visa at window we Show our P4 and two pics with Passport guy give us a token 5-- (5 serial is for immigration visa) after a brief checking we enter a hall and sat one chair it was 8 o clock

Around 45 mints passed guard call our No, we went in a small room for Finger prints a local guy was standing outside and a US personal was sitting in side she call names person go to window put his/her hands she ask passport and two pics then ask your date of birth match your pic and then start taking your FP each family member gave there prints. FP of my Kids below 12 were not taken and in there place I give my Finger Prints. Due to some reasons Left hand Prints are not coming local Guy standing asking to rub fingers but nothing .......... then the lady ask why ???? my wife said that as i am a House wife and may be due to washing and cutting there is an issue!!!!!!! lady says oh ok than i write a note. so we completed one step.

After all prints she gave us our latter with all Picks staple on it the guard of other room collect that paper from us and says please sit and Waite your No will be called after 15-20 mints our no was called on window 0_ we went there a local guy collect our Medical, Passports, Original Birth Certificates, Petitioner Birth Certificate, Our Marriage Certificate both in URDU and in English, and ask who is calling you i told him then he ask are your kids are engaged or married i smile and said no not at all they are too young. He said Ok documents are complete please let me know in which language you will give interview i said in English he said ok have a seat you will be called for Interview.

Then around 1030 we were called on window 0_ an American guy was sitting he have us Oath to Read in loud voice so all can listen i do it then i told him that there is a mistake in my DS260 which i want to correct he said what that i explain him the mistake he wrote it on Post-it and said ok

1- who is calling you ?

2- How she went to USA ?

3- What she do ?

4- What Her Husband do ?

5- how many kids she had ?

6- there Ages

then he says Congratulation i am approving your visa you will get in TWO week time we thanks him and yohhhh its done ....................... Yes its done

we came out from Embassy take a shuttle back and pick our car from car parking and ENJOY with kids

Many Many Congratulations to you and your family!

Timeline

Hello Guys,

Any news of update for COA? Lastly, People having October-2002 PD were received COA but no news after then...

Please inform if any new updates on COA..

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F4 - PD - FEB-2003

Status - COA - Completed on April 7

AOS Fee - Paid - Completed on April 21

IV Fee - Paid - Completed on 15th May

DS-260- Form Submitted on 15th July

Timeline

I guess people having Oct 2002 PD have not received COA...

The process is really going too slow..

It might be the indication of slow movement in future for F4 category...

Hello Guys,

Any news of update for COA? Lastly, People having October-2002 PD were received COA but no news after then...

Please inform if any new updates on COA..

Thanks

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

There is some hope in this.

Following is the latest update on Visa Modernisation.... Yes there is definitely something for us!!!!!!

They want to count one visa for beneficiary and not for derivatives...

DETAILS OF PRESIDENT'S IMMIGRATION PLAN

Attorneys Eric R. Welsh, Nancy E. Miller, Robert L. Reeves

On November 20, 2014, President Obama announced that he would take executive action to address issues related to undocumented immigrants, "brain-drain" from lack of employment opportunity for foreign students, border security, and many other areas that have yet to be resolved through Congressional legislation. The following day, the White House issued two Presidential Memoranda, setting forth his plans in greater detail, and adding additional directives to help reform our "broken immigration system,"to quote the President.

The President announced a new program known as Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA). DAPA benefits include a three-year deferral of removal and three-year work authorization. Requirements include: (1) a U.S. citizen or permanent resident son or daughter (of any age) as of November 20, 2014; (2) continuous presence in the U.S. since before January 1, 2010; (3) physical presence in the U.S. both on November 20, 2014 and at the time of making the request for DAPA. Applicants must also pass a criminal background check, and must not fall within one of the three "priority" groups described below. USCIS expects that it will begin accepting applications for DAPA within the next 180 days.

The President also announced revisions to the existing program known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). DACA will be revised to eliminate the age cap (currently 31 years old as of the original DACA announcement), and the eligibility cut-off date will be moved forward from June 15, 2007 to January 1, 2010. That is, persons who were otherwise eligible for DACA but who had entered after June 15, 2007 (but before January 1, 2010), or who had turned 31 before DACA was announced, can now apply for DACA. DACA will now be issued for periods of three years instead of the current two-year period. USCIS expects that it will begin to accept applications under the expanded program within the next 90 days.

In conjunction with Secretary Jeh Johnson of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the President outlined a number of other significant changes to help streamline and improve visa processing, meet visa demand, and modernize the information technology infrastructure underlying the visa processing system. The President and the Secretary have proposed a correction to visa accounting such that only one visa "number" will be exhausted per principal applicant, regardless of derivative beneficiaries. This way, for example, a family of five would only count as one rather than five for the purposes of the quota numbers, thereby reducing overall visa backlog. In addition, the agencies that issue the visas have been directed to improve issuance and accounting in order to ensure that unused visas from prior years are recaptured for the current year, thereby substantially reducing or potentially eliminating visa backlog.

The President and Secretary Johnson also announced several new directives to assist employment-based immigrants and nonimmigrants with the intent of assisting employers, growing the economy, and creating U.S. jobs. USCIS will take action to improve the issuance of employment-based visas to eligible applicants, including providing benefits to applicants caught in the quota backlog. Specifically, USCIS will accept adjustment of status applications from applicants caught in the backlog, and issue work authorization and travel permits which can be renewed until the visa numbers are current, effectively providing the benefits of permanent residency to the estimate 410,000 applicants caught in the backlog.

In addition, USCIS will issue a "final rule" regarding work authorization for H-4 derivative beneficiaries in December 2014 or January 2015. It will expand the degree programs for students eligible for OPT and extend the time period for OPT for students with degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). It will also clarify and expand the standards for issuance of the EB-2 national interest waiver (NIW), and will propose a program to provide parole status to investors, researchers, and entrepreneurs. USCIS will clarify the definition of "specialized knowledge" for L-1B visa applicants. USCIS will issue a policy memorandum to alleviate uncertainty regarding the term "same or similar" job for purposes of employment-based portability. The Department of Labor (DOL) will review the PERM process for employment-based petitions with an eye towards modernizing and streamlining the process in response to realities of the modern workforce.

The President and Secretary Johnson also issued several directives to improve the execution of existing programs. For example, the President has directed USCIS to expand access to the Provisional Waiver Program (I-601A) to include all statutorily eligible classes for whom an immigrant visa is presently available, not just immediate relatives. In addition, USCIS will provide additional guidance to clarify the standard of "extreme hardship." DHS will issue guidance to clarify that travel on advance parole is not a "departure" for the purpose of the unlawful presence bar and, therefore, does not trigger the 3 or 10-year bars to admissibility. The President and the Secretary have directed the Department of Defense (DOD) to expand the parole-in-place (PIP) program to include spouses, parents, and children of U.S. citizen and lawful permanent residents seeking to enlist in the Armed Forces, and to provide deferred action to those family members who are undocumented but who were inspected and admitted into the United States.

The reforms summarized above are wide-ranging and far-reaching. They are only the initial details of programs and initiatives that will be fleshed out in the coming months. These life-changing reforms signal an exciting and transformative time for U.S. immigration policies and procedures. Truly, something to be thankful for at this or any time of year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.