I AM NOT THAT GUY

'None of Your Damn Business:' Dem Governor Rebukes Harry Reid

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock says he told Senate Majority leader Harry Reid it was none of his "damn business" when the Nevada Democrat tried to offer his opinion last December on who should fill the vacancy left by Sen. Max Baucus.

The Independent Record in Helena reported Bullock said Friday he got a call from Reid before it was public that President Obama would pick Baucus as the new U.S. ambassador to China.

The newspaper noted the Montana governor, by law, fills any Senate vacancies by appointing a replacement.

“He wanted to weigh in on who I should choose and this was before it was even public,” Bullock said.

“And I said it was none of your damn business.”

Bullock wouldn't tell reporters if Reid had lobbied for a particular choice for the Baucus seat, saying they'd have to call Reid to get his side of the conversation.

But he was more than willing to recount his own end of the blunt exchange.

“I said, ‘You know what? Stay out of my decision-making,'" Bullock said. "'This is a decision I make and no one else. This is one of those decisions that voters have entrusted me with.’”

The newspaper said Reid didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/montana-senate-harry-reid-max-baucus/2014/02/14/id/552957#ixzz2tQHbjxgZ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.