Flames9_RN

Happy New Yr 2007 to all fellow Canucks!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Starting off 2007 grey and rainy here in Falls Church VA. Still managed to get off my fat butt to go for a run. Must have added 10lbs over the holidays!! Time to get serious and work that and more off. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming yr(s) Play safe. Scott

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Happy New Year's everyone! Hoping for speedy visas all year :)

I should really go for a run and lose those 10 pounds too .... but I have to leave and drive my fiance to Montreal so he can catch a flight back to Vancouver :(

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Years to all of you as well. We have a beautiful sunny day here with a light breeze and temperatures in the low sixties. Joe and I are going to go out and enjoy the day by taking a walk in a nearby State Park. Both of us could benefit from losing at least 10 pounds as well! What better way to start the New Year than to start workingon those pounds now-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year from the Garden State, where it's mild (50s) and raining. I hear from my husband that Toronto is 9 Celsius and also raining. We've all been through a lot in 2006, so I hope 7 will be lucky for everyone!

Best, Marianne

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

Rainy here too. Better to be shedding those pounds by having a walk or run in the rain than by shoveling our butts out of mega inches of snow dontcha think. Although it sure looks dreary out there and with nothing to look forward to now except spring flowers , maybe some white stuff would brighten it up.

google.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone :D I hope by this time next year we will all be reunited with our loved ones!!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year To Everyone...................

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Happy New Years to all of you as well. We have a beautiful sunny day here with a light breeze and temperatures in the low sixties. Joe and I are going to go out and enjoy the day by taking a walk in a nearby State Park. Both of us could benefit from losing at least 10 pounds as well! What better way to start the New Year than to start workingon those pounds now-).

Oh I am so jealous of those living in the South. I left Georgia 6 months ago to move to New Hampshire .... just got back to NH from dropping fiance off in Montreal. Montreal was actually warmer and had less snow and ice than where I live!!! :(

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Happy New Year ...I spent the day at work...lovely retail...where no one has a life...but tonight we went and rode our horses in the snow....yee-haww. Hope you all get your green cards soon.

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone! Sitting here in a hotel room in Halifax, waiting for our flights back to tulsa :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy new year! Hoping that 2007 brings speedy processing and approvals for everyone. :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

A belated, but no less heartfelt wishes for a wonderful New Year to you as well. 2007 will bring many new changes for me as I'm finished work the 19th of January, and flying out to St. Louis on the 21st to begin the new year, and my life, in the USA with my kindred spirit Gene. I can't believe my life has has been reduced to two moving boxes and my clothes. It will be a "fresh start" in more ways than one!

I'll be watching, posting, praying for all of you!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

HAPPY NEW YEAR, my Visa Friends. I'm writing from Newfoundland. My husband and I drove over for Christmas but he had to go back Boxing Day due to work committments. I'm staying for another little while because my youngest and our newest GrandBaby will be arriving here in 3 weeks from Alberta. So I have to see them!! Bruce will come back for me in February. Oh how I miss him. I really wish we could live here but you can't have it all.....What a wonderful man I married....xox

I had the best Christmas ever........spent it with the 2 main men in my life (my Dad and Husband) and my daughter and our 2 beautiful Grand Children and the rest of my family........can't beat that..................{{{{HUGS}}}}}

PS........SIGHHHHHHHHHH......I'm still waiting for my FBI namecheck. Be glad when that's finished!!

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.