one_of_many

Time for EAD production after second RFE EAD on hold

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I have to start by saying that this forum has been very helpful.

I applied for my AOS 12/21/2013, then recieved a first RFE where thye asked for the correct affidavit of support form (we used the wroing one) and past tax doccuments for my wife.

01/06/2014 I got my biometrics appointment done.

However, the 01/21/2014 we received a second RFE asking for proof that my wife's current employment provides the necessary income. We added the recent pay stubs and additionally, we added a joint sonsor to prevent further delays. We sent the response the 02/07/2014.

The RFE stated "The service will process your form I-765 (EAD) within 90 days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence"

What is in your experience the time after they check the response to get the EAD in this case? Will it take the whole three months as if we were starting the I-765 process from the beginning , even if I already have my biometrics done and almost three months in the process?

Thank you for your help and advice.

Timeline

Thank you for your response,

But,

I have to update this topic based on my experience and what I've read in this and other forums.

The time is not three months, USCIS gives a period of 60 days (2 moths) after receiving the response to an RFE. That means that if you gather your evidence and send it as fast as you can, you can reduce this time to two official months and the time that it takes the evidence to get to the USCIS.

It seems that the time frames stated by USCIS are longer that what it actually takes to process things maybe in an effort to give themselves enough time to process the paperwork.

I hope this is the case and I get my EAD approved and produced soon.

Thank you again.

Timeline

Even if the 90 days for the EAD has already passed?

I already had my biometrics done as well, so I would assume that is only a matter to review the evidence from the RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.