pbgirl

got packet today...confused

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We are right in the middle of having our K3 visa approved (already had interview, now waiting on some checks). My 1-130 was approved three weeks ago and today I received my first packet with the AOS bill.

I am going to kick off the CR-1 process (can't hurt with the K3 waiting). My question is: Can I fax the DS 3032 form to my husband and have him sign it and fax it back to me? Or can I only fax the copy, and it requires his orginial signature, to be sent via snail mail? He is in India and it may take some time for the form to make it back to the States.

What have people done to get around this?

I had hubby email me the DS-3032 Choice of Agent, signed it and mailed it off in a package I was already sending to him via Fedex so he could mail from the US. If you hava a look HERE there is an example of emailing the NVC in place of sending the DS-3032. It seems to be working for members doing it this way. NVC usually confirms within a couple of days.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had hubby email me the DS-3032 Choice of Agent, signed it and mailed it off in a package I was already sending to him via Fedex so he could mail from the US. If you hava a look HERE there is an example of emailing the NVC in place of sending the DS-3032. It seems to be working for members doing it this way. NVC usually confirms within a couple of days.

NVC will accept an e-mail from the beneficiary in place of a DS-3032. Quite convinient.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I mailed NVC preprinted DS-3032 with Barcode pasted on the top. But later I emailed them saying on behalf of my parents, I am sending this email. My parents would like to appoint me as their Agent of Choice. and gave all the information regarding case numbers, DOB etc and then after 2 days I got email confirming -- NVC has received DS-3032, -- I think my email did this MAGIC

VSC (USCIS)

YEAR: 2005

Oct 28 - I-130s for Father/Mother/Brother VSC

Oct 31 - Deliver'd I-130s

Nov 9 - Rec'd NOA1

Dec 7 - RFE for I-130 sent on Dec 7

Dec 22 - Sent requested info

Dec 28 - Online: req. info rec'd

YEAR: 2006

Feb 8 - I-130 Approved

Feb 15 - Rec'd NOA2

NVC

Feb 16 - Assign'd case # Feb 14

Feb 22 - NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS bill on Feb 20

Feb 24 - Rec'd DS-3032/AOS

Feb 24 - Sent pre-signed(Pasted bar code from Original) DS-3032 and AOS($70)

Feb 27 - Deliver'd AOS STL, DS-3032 to NVC

Feb 28 - Email on behalf of my parents to appoint me for DS-3032

Mar 3 - Got email: DS-3032 received (Email did the Magic !!)

Mar 4 - Automated msg updtd: -- DS-3032 rec'd,

Mar 6 - AOS fee rec'd, IV fee bill generated, I-864/IV fee bill will be mailed this week (Operator)

Mar 11 - Rec'd I-864 pkg

Mar 13 - Rec'd IV fee bill, Returned I-864 pkg

Mar 14 - Deliver'd I-864 pkg to NVC, Returned IV fee bill to STL

Mar 15 - Deliver'd IV fee to STL, I-864 entered in to NVC system

Mar 23 - I-864 complete, Visa fee in NVC system, DS-230 on the way

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.