869 posts in this topic

6 pm post man came and I received green card it just look like EAD card but it green text .

Total from sent package 18 February 2014 to 10 May 2014 = 82 Days .

I hope everyone here got fast track like us.

Good luck all

Grrr we filed on the same date and I'm still waiting for an interview date! LUCKY YOU! :P

Anyone at the Dallas office receive an interview date yet? If so, how long after your status changed to testing and interview?

10.18.2013 - Married!

02.14.2014 - Day 00 - AOS package sent (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

02.18.2014 - Day 06 - Package received at uscis

02.24.2014 - Day 12 - NOA received

02.27.2014 - Day 15 - Apt for biometrics received

03.13.2014 - Day 29 - Biometrics apt

03.18.2014 - Day 34 - I-485 case status changed to "testing and interview"

04.25.2014 - Day 72 - I-765 APPROVED! case status changed to "card production"

04.25.2014 - Day 72 - I-131 APPROVED! case status changed to "post decision activity"

04.30.2014 - Day 77 - Notification of EAD in the mail.

05.02.2014 - Day 79 - EAD in hand!

09.10.2014 - Day 210 - Received interview date, scheduled for 10.14.2014

10.14.2014 - Day 234 - Interview at Dallas TX USCIS office

10.15.2014 - Day 235 - I-485 & I-130 APPROVED! status changed to "card production"

10.20.2014 - Day 240 - Received approval letters for I-485 & I-130

10.21.2014 - Day 241 - Notification received, green card is in the mail

10.23.2014 - Day 243 - Green card in hand!

10.06.2016 - Day 00 - Mailed I-751 & documents to California Service Center (corporate shipping UPS next day air)

10.07.2016 - Day 01 - Package received and signed for at 10am

10.12.2016 - Day 06 - Check cashed

10.14.2016 - Day 08 - NOA received, dated 10.07.2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I went to the SSA today to apply for a SS card. We were told that he had to wait 10 days before he can apply. So disappointing to wait in line for over an hour and have to return in 10 days. USCIS should provide this information with the EAD.

Adjustment of Status
Event
Date CIS Office : Date Filed : 2014-02-25 NOA Date : 2014-02-28 Bio. Appt. : 2014-04-01 Interview Date : 2014-05-19

Employment Authorization Document
Event
Date CIS Office : Chicago National Office Filing Method : Mail Filing Instance : First Date Filed : 2014-02-25 NOA Date : 2014-02-28 RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 2014-04-01 Approved Date : 2014-05-06 Date Card Received : 2014-05-10

Advance Parole
Event
Date CIS Office : Chicago National Office Filing Method : Filing Instance : First Date Filed : 2014-02-25 NOA Date : 2014-02-28 RFE(s) : Date Received : 2014-05-10

Paigecharlotte - what?! I got my card on a Friday and went on Monday without any issues! I don't think whoever you got knew what they were talking about.

Oh, and I got my SSN card last Saturday, so 6 days from when I applied :)

10.18.2013 - Married!

04.25.2014 - Day 72 - I-131 APPROVED! case status changed to "post decision activity"

10.15.2014 - Day 235 - I-485 & I-130 APPROVED! status changed to "card production"

10.06.2016 - Day 00 - Mailed I-751 & documents to California Service Center (corporate shipping UPS next day air)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Angola
Timeline

Hello there,

I'm new here because It's my very first time posting, but I have been visiting and reading the visa journey site for the past two months.

You guys have been so helpful with sharing your information and experience which makes me want to do the same as well just to give back...

We received our NOA on February 4th and three days later appointment for biometrics for February 28th. I didn't do the early walk-in, so I just went on the actual date. I went alone. I didn't want my husband to take off because I read on here that some places don't allow a second person.

We live in Jersey City but had that appointment in Elizabeth NJ.

There was no news at all in the month of March.

On April 9th I found out about our case status change:

"On April 8, 2014, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for May 12, 2014. Please follow the instructions on the notice. (...)"

Our interview was at 8:45 am in Newark NJ

We waited more than 90 minutes.

I'm going to post more about the interview in a few because I asked my husband to break it down. He loves to write :)))

To be continued...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Angola
Timeline

Today we had the interview and, I am happy to say, we are approved!!. I cannot put in words the joy I feel and the gratitude I have for those of you that posted your experience on visa journey. I did not post on VJ until now because I am very superstitious, so I didn't want to "jinx" myself. But now that I have been approved I can share my, our, experience.
My husband and I decided to go with a lawyer to file our petition. I found a cheap lawyer located in downtown Brooklyn. Filing was painless and I didn't have to worry about having it wrong because I used a lawyer so that helped me to sleep at night. later on my husband was doing some online research on this entire visa process and he stumbled across visajourney, sent me the link, and I took to visa journey like a fish takes to water. We were in a dark place with no answers and only questions, the stress of not knowing got to the both of us until we started browsing visajourney. From then on our moods were more relaxed because we had answers and every now and then I would tell him about any new postings I found that were similar to our situation. I found out about looking up my status through VJ and when my status changed to interview, we were both excited because we knew it would soon be over. Then came the interview letter (around the beginning of April) and shortly after that came the interview date (May 12)
Our interview was scheduled for 845 am. When we arrived, the room was 75% full. We were surprised because we thought we had an early interview. We actually arrived at 815 and ended waiting 90 minutes to be called. My husband was about to go to sleep then my name was called. The interviewer had us sworn in. The first question was for my husband which is "how did we meet?" My husband and I met at a bar that the interviewer knew about because she knew exactly where it is. We got a laugh out of that and it helped to ease the tension. The follow up question for my husband was "how did you know you could propose to her?" As we have only been together for 6 months when my husband purposed to me. After he answered that question, the interviewer asked us for our passports/ID's. At that point the interviewer took my I-94 which I knew from reading on VJ that when approved, I would not receive my I-94 back. So I had a feeling that early in the interview that we were approved. Then the questions for me were the usual questions everyone is asked as far as criminal history or have you ever harmed anyone or been a part of any terrorist activities...which of course the answer was no and that's all I said..except that I said "oh hell no" when asked if I ever caused anyone harm. After those questions my husband chimed in and told the interviewer that I am a pacifist so that's why I gave the emphatic "oh hell no" reply which we all laughed. When the interviewer asked my husband the earlier questions I also chimed in here and there with details of our first date..like for example I said that he would always come to my apartment because mine was a larger apartment than his and he was embarrassed at how small was his apartment. The interviewer also commented and said.."of course, you're a bachelor so your apartment isn't as big" I really think that helped in letting the interviewer know that my husband and I are a real couple.
So after that the interviewer asked for my travel documents, asked my husband what is my full name? asked me what is his full name?, where do I work?, asked me where does he work?..then asked for our utility bills, joint bank account, and photos. The photos is was the cherry on top because there were a few family events that came up before our interview date and my husband and I made sure we took plenty of pictures...one of the pictures we included was of me holding my husbands 3 month old nephew which got an "awwwww" out of the interviewer. We knew at that point that we bought it home. The interviewer then told is that our marriage looks good and that she will approve the visa but a temporary visa because we have not been married for 2 years and also told us about the next step in order to receive the 10 year visa which I had already known from reading VJ.
In all the process took 3 months, at times it felt like 3 years but right after we found out about VJ is when the process seemed to move faster and I guess it's because we had answers so we knew what to expect. Again..my husband and I thank you all for your support and keep posting!!! And I hope my post has shed some light on someone's visa journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today we had the interview and, I am happy to say, we are approved!!. I cannot put in words the joy I feel and the gratitude I have for those of you that posted your experience on visa journey. I did not post on VJ until now because I am very superstitious, so I didn't want to "jinx" myself. But now that I have been approved I can share my, our, experience.

My husband and I decided to go with a lawyer to file our petition. I found a cheap lawyer located in downtown Brooklyn. Filing was painless and I didn't have to worry about having it wrong because I used a lawyer so that helped me to sleep at night. later on my husband was doing some online research on this entire visa process and he stumbled across visajourney, sent me the link, and I took to visa journey like a fish takes to water. We were in a dark place with no answers and only questions, the stress of not knowing got to the both of us until we started browsing visajourney. From then on our moods were more relaxed because we had answers and every now and then I would tell him about any new postings I found that were similar to our situation. I found out about looking up my status through VJ and when my status changed to interview, we were both excited because we knew it would soon be over. Then came the interview letter (around the beginning of April) and shortly after that came the interview date (May 12)

Our interview was scheduled for 845 am. When we arrived, the room was 75% full. We were surprised because we thought we had an early interview. We actually arrived at 815 and ended waiting 90 minutes to be called. My husband was about to go to sleep then my name was called. The interviewer had us sworn in. The first question was for my husband which is "how did we meet?" My husband and I met at a bar that the interviewer knew about because she knew exactly where it is. We got a laugh out of that and it helped to ease the tension. The follow up question for my husband was "how did you know you could propose to her?" As we have only been together for 6 months when my husband purposed to me. After he answered that question, the interviewer asked us for our passports/ID's. At that point the interviewer took my I-94 which I knew from reading on VJ that when approved, I would not receive my I-94 back. So I had a feeling that early in the interview that we were approved. Then the questions for me were the usual questions everyone is asked as far as criminal history or have you ever harmed anyone or been a part of any terrorist activities...which of course the answer was no and that's all I said..except that I said "oh hell no" when asked if I ever caused anyone harm. After those questions my husband chimed in and told the interviewer that I am a pacifist so that's why I gave the emphatic "oh hell no" reply which we all laughed. When the interviewer asked my husband the earlier questions I also chimed in here and there with details of our first date..like for example I said that he would always come to my apartment because mine was a larger apartment than his and he was embarrassed at how small was his apartment. The interviewer also commented and said.."of course, you're a bachelor so your apartment isn't as big" I really think that helped in letting the interviewer know that my husband and I are a real couple.

So after that the interviewer asked for my travel documents, asked my husband what is my full name? asked me what is his full name?, where do I work?, asked me where does he work?..then asked for our utility bills, joint bank account, and photos. The photos is was the cherry on top because there were a few family events that came up before our interview date and my husband and I made sure we took plenty of pictures...one of the pictures we included was of me holding my husbands 3 month old nephew which got an "awwwww" out of the interviewer. We knew at that point that we bought it home. The interviewer then told is that our marriage looks good and that she will approve the visa but a temporary visa because we have not been married for 2 years and also told us about the next step in order to receive the 10 year visa which I had already known from reading VJ.

In all the process took 3 months, at times it felt like 3 years but right after we found out about VJ is when the process seemed to move faster and I guess it's because we had answers so we knew what to expect. Again..my husband and I thank you all for your support and keep posting!!! And I hope my post has shed some light on someone's visa journey.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

A hearty congratulations to you and your husband!! May the rest of the journey be as smooth.

2001-2005 F1 - College

2005-2011 F1 - Grad School

2011 - 2012 - F1-OPT

2012- current - H1B

June 2011 - We met in San Francisco, CA

July 2012 - Both took the leap of faith and moved to Boston together

September 2013 - Got married

20 Feb 14 [DAY 0] - Sent off AOS (i485, i130, i131,i864, i693).

25 Feb 14 [DAY 1] - USPS Package Received

28 Feb 14 [DAY 3] - TXT/email notification of receival.

03 Mar 14 [DAY 6] - Hardcopy NOA's.

06 Mar 14 [DAY 9] - Biometrics appointment received.

26 Mar 14 [DAY 29] - Biometrics completed.

10 April 14 [DAY 44] - AOS status changed to 'Testing and Interview'

14 April 14 [DAY 48] - Got interview date for May 20th, 2014!

20 May 14 [DAY 84] - Approved! Document/Card Production

29 May 14 [DAY 93] - GC received via USPS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had mailed my wife's AOS package along with I-765 and I-131. It was received by USCIS on February 26, 2014. I received a RFE on May 1 for the I-765 and i-131 needing a physical address as opposed to a PO Box. They received the response on May 5, 2014. I checked the USCIS case status this morning. It shows the I-765 in document production and the I-131 in post decision activity stating they have mailed an approval notice.

Does anyone know how long they will take to send the EAD. Also the I-485 still shows in acceptance stage... Any thoughts or ideas as to why this is still showing acceptance? I have heard of people getting notification and tracking numbers. Where do you get this from?

Thanks again

Congrats Venusle!! :)

Rsz - if its in card production you should have it in a few days! You'll get a notification that it has been mailed, then another giving you a tracking number once USPS picks it up.

10.18.2013 - Married!

Congrats Venusle!! :)

Rsz - if its in card production you should have it in a few days! You'll get a notification that it has been mailed, then another giving you a tracking number once USPS picks it up.

Hey Tratsing, any calls yet to the USCIS office? I'm kinda waiting on you to get your date lol

Hey Tratsing, any calls yet to the USCIS office? I'm kinda waiting on you to get your date lol

haha! I called them a few weeks ago about it, but all she could tell me was that I'm in line to be scheduled for an interview. I keep checking my status, but no changes or notifications yet.

Think I should bother them again? :P

10.18.2013 - Married!

haha! I called them a few weeks ago about it, but all she could tell me was that I'm in line to be scheduled for an interview. I keep checking my status, but no changes or notifications yet.

Heck yeah!!! you get one and I know mine is around the corner hehe... Lead Tratsing!!! you are at the forefront now! AYY Commander!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats, Venusle! :dance:

I am still waiting for a date interview...been waiting for 1 month and 5 days..I wish they would hurry up already :(

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

I thought you would appreciate this..

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Dallas%20TX&page=3&dfilter=5&topic=

Those are reviews from the Dallas office. Abd of course you can view their timeline and get an idea of when to expect a date... Any other person at other offices can check it out too by inputing their offices. Dallas is kinda sparodic but it does give a reasonable timeline. Enjoy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.