9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, My name is Khalil and I'm new here.

I have a question. I applied for my wife for i130 on March 8th 2013. The i130 was approved on November 9th 2013. Just received an email from NVC after sending in the documents. I am wonder what this email means. Does it mean the documents i've sent are approved and i'm just waiting for an Interview date? also how long does it take to get an interview date?

Please let me know.

Thanks

This is the letter i received in email..

Dear Sir or Madam:

The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing
of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner
and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment
until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of
the interview. Additional documentation requirements if applicable can be referenced at
the following URL: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html

Sincerely,

Director
National Visa Center

HI there and welcome! The email you received is a generic response from the NVC. It just means your case is being processed. I do not know how long it takes to get an interview at your embassy.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Zedayn - I totally disagree with you ! Nothing generic about it ! [your answer is also wrong, btw -perhaps you are relying on your K-1 knowledge?]

Khalil48134 - this is the 'case complete' email that NVC sends out when all of the documents are in the casefile, after a review and fees payments.

What's next? You get shifted to the next queue, to wait in line for a visa appointment in the NVC Scheduling system.

That's It ! Congratulations on your 'case complete' - you should have been reading an NVC Monthly Filers thread here, seriously !

Since yer brand-new, I ask you fill out yer official VJ timeline, over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=178334

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Zedayn - I totally disagree with you ! Nothing generic about it ! [your answer is also wrong, btw -perhaps you are relying on your K-1 knowledge?]

Khalil48134 - this is the 'case complete' email that NVC sends out when all of the documents are in the casefile, after a review and fees payments.

What's next? You get shifted to the next queue, to wait in line for a visa appointment in the NVC Scheduling system.

That's It ! Congratulations on your 'case complete' - you should have been reading an NVC Monthly Filers thread here, seriously !

Since yer brand-new, I ask you fill out yer official VJ timeline, over at

And how is it wrong? Are you suggesting that the particular email received was a rarity, and not something generically generated by the NVC? In any case, you pretty much said what I was trying to say in my answer. The case is still being processed, although at a different stage. The I-130 is complete, however he still needs to wait for the visa interview...hence the "its being processed" comment.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

And how is it wrong? Are you suggesting that the particular email received was a rarity, and not something generically generated by the NVC? In any case, you pretty much said what I was trying to say in my answer. The case is still being processed, although at a different stage. The I-130 is complete, however he still needs to wait for the visa interview...hence the "its being processed" comment.

No .

NVC Doc Intake is complete. This email is the visual indicator back to the petitioner for same. 'Case Complete' is an actual timetick in NVC Doc Intake, shown in a CR-1/IR-1 timeline. You might not know of it, as it doesn't show up in your timeline for your casefile type.

There's a lot of stuff going on at NVC, prior. That's the I-864, DS-260, DS-261, the civil docs, the tax docs, plus 2 fees. None of that goes in on one go. You'd know that, maybe, if you knew about CR-1/IR-1 NVC Doc Intake Process.

Seriously, please learn about Immigrant Visa Doc Processing at NVC for CR-1/IR-1 visas before you give advice on same,

as yer giving bad advice in this post .

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No .

NVC Doc Intake is complete. This email is the visual indicator back to the petitioner for same. 'Case Complete' is an actual timetick in NVC Doc Intake, shown in a CR-1/IR-1 timeline. You might not know of it, as it doesn't show up in your timeline for your casefile type.

There's a lot of stuff going on at NVC, prior. That's the I-864, DS-260, DS-261, the civil docs, the tax docs, plus 2 fees. None of that goes in on one go. You'd know that, maybe, if you knew about CR-1/IR-1 NVC Doc Intake Process.

Seriously, please learn about Immigrant Visa Doc Processing at NVC for CR-1/IR-1 visas before you give advice on same,

as yer giving bad advice in this post .

Ok so I can agree with you that it is 'case complete' at the NVC. And yes I do understand that many things happen at NVC. However the case complete is only at the NVC, for NVC processing. There is still the visa processing at the embassy (or am I wrong about that?). Maybe I wasn't clear when I said "your case is being processed". I am referring to the case as a whole, not just what happens at the NVC. Yes, no more processing at NVC. But still wating on the visa interview, as you said in your original response:

Edited by Zedayn

K-1

AOS

ROC

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.. I just wanted to ask few more questions.. How long does it generally take to get a interview date set up? since it's still processing does it mean they will send the case to Pakistan embassy where they will call for interview or does NVC do that part?

thanks in advance..

you've been great help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to IR-1/CR-1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about spousal visa progress~

~timeline.gif It enables other forum members to give appropriate responses relative to your specific immigration situation.~

(Organizer hat off)

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.. I just wanted to ask few more questions.. How long does it generally take to get a interview date set up? since it's still processing does it mean they will send the case to Pakistan embassy where they will call for interview or does NVC do that part?

thanks in advance..

you've been great help.

there is a step-queue for this,

2 tiers.

you will be in bottom tier next, then all slots are used up by the upper tier. then the bottom tier moves up to top tier, slots are released again, then slots used by upper tier.

figure 2 to 3 months until the interview, from today.

if sooner, there was some queue magic and you benefitted from it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.