scotty

Left interview with nothing

18 posts in this topic

Hi this occured to me when I was driving home,we left the interview with no green card and not a scrap of paper, no documentation for me to even say I was there.

was this right , is this the norm.

Regards Scotty

We came away with nothing also...dont know whether that is right or not...funny thing is.....we have not been touched since 3 weeks before our interview and our ead has not been touched since our NOA1.......hopefully someone more knowlegdeable will be able to answer your question

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Hi this occured to me when I was driving home,we left the interview with no green card and not a scrap of paper, no documentation for me to even say I was there.

was this right , is this the norm.

Regards Scotty

we were given a piece of paper that indicated case pending FBI namecheck. That's all we were given. I do know others who have not received this letter as well though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We didn't receive anything either. I believe it was 21 days after interview when we received the Green Cards.

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its normal. Most people I know didn't get anything either, though a few were told that they had been approved (still nothing given to them - stamp or document) You will hear in 3 to 8 weeks what happened and almost all receive their greencard in that time. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We were told that we were approved. We wanted to get a stamp in the passport or something in case things didn't happen like the lady promised. We left with nothing but a promise. We started getting Emails in a few days and had the green cards in a couple of weeks. The lady was true to her word.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess it all depends on where your interview took place as well as the officer. We were told of the approval, the officer kept the passport and told us that another person will review the file and if all is in order they will give us a stamp in the passport. She took out the I-94 and send us back into the waiting area where after about 15 min they called my hubby's name and given him back his passport with the stamp and a separate sheet of paper explaining the removal of conditional status...I wonder why not all of the offices follow similar procedures. It makes so much more sense to me to be aware of the stats from the begining...but I guess they love to play with people's emotions and torture all of the poor souls...Hope that the Green Cards will be arriving soon to all of you guys.

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
We were asked to sign a sheet of paper saying we were aware of having to file for removal of conditions. Otherwise, no stamp etc.

We were told that we were approved. We also were asked to sign a sheet of paper saying we were aware of having to file for removal of conditions during the 90 days preceding expiration date of conditional permanent resident card.

Her passport was stamped with I-551 indicating work authorization and expiring same date as 2 year conditional permanent resident card.

Filed: Other Timeline
Its normal. Most people I know didn't get anything either, though a few were told that they had been approved (still nothing given to them - stamp or document) You will hear in 3 to 8 weeks what happened and almost all receive their greencard in that time. Good Luck

Define 'most'.

There are 400,000 petitioners stuck in namecheck.

Your comment is flip and offhanded.

Her words were everything is in order but your namecheck from FBI has'nt cleared yet will let you know via e-mail when it does. I said to her is that it, she never answered,gave no indication on how long it would take I actually mentioned to her about the black hole and she gave a smug smile ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Regards Scotty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Define 'most'.

If you read my post - it says Most people I know - sorry if you are still confused. Hope you do OK. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't left in FBI namecheck, but I left the interview without an approval due to another reason. The only way we knew I had been there that day was the picture we took of me outside the building, and the receipt from the gas station in OKC.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Timeline

Define 'most'.

If you read my post - it says Most people I know - sorry if you are still confused. Hope you do OK. Good Luck

I'm not confused at all. Most people who leave the interview with the knowledge they are still in namecheck DO NOT come out with an approval in three to eight weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.