cubanlovestory

1 month and 6 days of Administrative Processing

8 posts in this topic

I know that I should be trying to focus on the birth of our baby, but this AP really stinks. The operators at DOS give you such the run around, I don't even know why I call them, but part of me feels like I need to know the exact day when they clear his name so I can make sure that the embassy prints the visa immediately. So far I've been told that he has 3 security clearances pending, that he was supposedly cleared on November 28th, but however the embassy asked for more clearances which has put us in this long wait. I'm not worried about being able to see him again or anything like that because our love is eternal and I will go back to be with him if I have to but this just doesn't make any sense, he has no record of anything, these checks are just so frustrating :crying: . I call DOS everyday to find out if their are any updates :whistle: , however I think that i'm just going to have to stop that, because it doesn't make me feel any better. I'm however finally at the point to now whenever I call and they tell me that the security clearances are "still pending" my whole day isn't ruined. I actually go through mental excercises to prepare me for whatever they tell me on the other line. I think i'm just going to take a break from calling them..and just focus on my baby. Take care everyone..I just needed to vent. :help:

...and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know how you feel with the security clearance. This happened to my case as well. Prints were sent on August 2nd and they were cleared by DHS sometime in Oct. My embassy can't get to our case till Jan. 11 for Visa Pick up date.

Very frustrating that only issue is our fiance's name. For me, it ended up being a 5 month delay. I hope you get yours cleared soon.

Hang in there. It will happen soon.

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

all what can i say be strong

now it's 2 month 7 day that i pass my interview ,my fiancee gone crazy we call each day they say it will take 2 to 8 weeks now it will take 2 to 4 months that's crazy ,i know how you feel

all what can i say focus in ur life and don't called theme each day and believe you will be with your fiancee and this time should make us very near to our love and make each other very patient and strong

hope to hear good news and wish you the best luck

i will not try to called the DOS this week ;)

Thank you all for the kind advice, this has been painful, it is what it is. I did give birth to a beautiful baby girl last week. She is just gorgeous, that is keeping me focused. Take care

Cubanlovestory

all what can i say be strong

now it's 2 month 7 day that i pass my interview ,my fiancee gone crazy we call each day they say it will take 2 to 8 weeks now it will take 2 to 4 months that's crazy ,i know how you feel

all what can i say focus in ur life and don't called theme each day and believe you will be with your fiancee and this time should make us very near to our love and make each other very patient and strong

hope to hear good news and wish you the best luck

i will not try to called the DOS this week ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Congratulations on the baby....... (F)

We have been on AP for 1 month and 13 days. My fiance was given no specific paper, except a general check off list but no additional items were asked for. We had everything.

DOS said there are no name or security checks and say they are not allowed to disclose the nature of the "investigation for the K1 eligibility ".

The embassy will not disclose details and it's a don't call us we call you scenario.

Embassy signed with " The fraud prevention unit ".

When asked how long they say it can take a very long time , we don't know.

When my fiance asked the CO , she said maybe in March.

My fiance was very surprised that he did not receive the visa because the interview went great and the CO was even laughing with him and very friendly.

At the end he told her he will appeal ( he misunderstood her ) and she said oh no you don't have to appeal you will have second chance ........whatever that meant !!!

It is the not knowing that is worse than the waiting itself. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congradulations on the baby. Omoba and the rest, we are thinking of you and hope the very best. (F)

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.