AlejandroEsther

Interview Requirement List and # to Schedule Interview CUBA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

If your Fiancee has his interview or you looking in to scheduling here's a little heads up

Documents need are the following:

-Letter of Appointment

-Valid Passport & Copy of the passport

-DS-160

-2 passport pictures

-Birth Certificate

-Divorce papers (if applicant)

-Police Background Report

-Medical Check

-Affidavit of Support

-Evidence of Relationship

-Visa fee $240 CUC

Visa Information and Appointment Scheduling Service at 1-866-374-1769, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EST) to schedule an interview appointment on their behalf. Be ready they card $6 for 11 minutes which they give you a pin #. Make sure to have his information like passport and date of birth and his address and your information. Goodluck

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for these informations, I have a question since you're further into the Visa process ...

We just recieved our NOA1 and I know there is quite a long waiting time now, but all those documents you are listing up will we need to send them to the embassy in my (beneficiary's) country or is it all only for the interview? Like, what is the NOA2 and what happens in between?

I would like to thank you in advance and I am sorry if I shouldn't ask here, I will ask again on a topic one day :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

thank you AlejandroEsther!! this is exactly what "packet 3" tells you, when you pick that up in Havana.

Mirhen, that list is what the cuban beneficiary needs to collect in the month leading up to the interview and present at the interview. All those documents expire quickly (3months) so DO NOT get them until you have a confirmed interview date and are within 2 months of it.

Best of luck!

4/1/13 - I-129F sent to Lockbox, 4/5/13 - I-129F received, 4/9/13 - NOA1, 422/13 - Alien Reg # changed, 814/13 - RFE, 817/13 - RFE reply, 10/30/13 - NOA2, 1/30/14 - Interview: Approved!

COMING TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/6/14 - POE

3/20/14 - Married

3/28/14 - File date for AOS

4/2/14 - NOA1 for I-485, NOA1 for I-765

4/7/14 - Requested EAD expedite

4/9/14 - USCIS request evidence of need EAD expedite

4/17/14 - Biometrics walk-in early (for may 2 appt)

5/12/14 - EAD card received

7/10/14 - Notice of interview waiver received

2/26/15 - Green card received

Timeline

Yeah those are the documents needed for the interview, My fiancée has his interview in April I can not wait to go with him and get this process over with. Finally be together smile.png

Best of luck to everyone if you guys have any questions I will be here to help smile.png

My fiance already has all that for his interview in march does anyone know what the appointment letter look like. I never got one when i made his appointment

I didn't receive one either

Yeah those are the documents needed for the interview, My fiancée has his interview in April I can not wait to go with him and get this process over with. Finally be together smile.png

Best of luck to everyone if you guys have any questions I will be here to help smile.png

I didn't receive one either

And good luck best wishes smile.png

thank you AlejandroEsther!! this is exactly what "packet 3" tells you, when you pick that up in Havana.

Mirhen, that list is what the cuban beneficiary needs to collect in the month leading up to the interview and present at the interview. All those documents expire quickly (3months) so DO NOT get them until you have a confirmed interview date and are within 2 months of it.

Best of luck!

THank you:)

Timeline

Thank you for these informations, I have a question since you're further into the Visa process ...

We just recieved our NOA1 and I know there is quite a long waiting time now, but all those documents you are listing up will we need to send them to the embassy in my (beneficiary's) country or is it all only for the interview? Like, what is the NOA2 and what happens in between?

I would like to thank you in advance and I am sorry if I shouldn't ask here, I will ask again on a topic one day smile.png

The documents I listed were the ones given in a list to my fiancée by the US Embassy in Havana. Those documents he will need for his interview. Once you receive your NOA your petition packet will be sent to NVC then forward to the correct US Embassy where your fiancée lives. And what happens in between you will have to wait and you will not heard anything for like 6 weeks. Then the embassy with receive the packet and send your fiancée a letter to pick up Packet 1 at the embassy which is a list of papers needed for the interview. best wishes if any question you can ask

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.