k1_visa

LONGEST TIME ABROAD

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Vj's

What's the maximum frame of time you can be outside the USA and then returing the Advance Parole? Im trying to read the USCIS site but there's no word about it.

thanks

AOS Pending - Separated, Back to my Country of Birth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was told a month, but not by any USCIS official.

The thing you have to keep in mind is this: you are currently in AOS proceedings. When you go for your interview, consider how your trip abroad and the length of time you are outside of the US will look to the adjudicator -- will it help your case proving that you have a bonafide relationship with a shared domicile?

The other thing you have to consider is: how will the length of time you are out of the US look to the customs official who decides whether or not to let you back into the US?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Not to mention, if you're out for too long you might miss your interview!! :crying::no:

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Timeline

Inlove_tx:

Jobhunting? Not too well yet I'm afraid. The only company with whom I've had any success are a company based in San Francisco (to whom I was referred by an old colleague). That was very positive -- but they don't have any positions yet.... In Dallas I haven't heard back from any positions I applied for... not a whimper. (I wouldn't mind if I goofed up an interview.... at least that would be partial success.) :-(

Actually, has *anyone* got a job yet?

Maghreb:

Don't forget that it's perfectly normal for there to be no appointments available on Infopass. You have to keep checking and checking -- they often release new ones around 11pm but you never know when someone will cancel an existing one so the best thing you can do is just check... check... check.

Yep as you said Gman check check and check. It sucks but I have nothing to do. We are in the same boat man I am looking for a job too, no luck yet. I find a job in Boston Mass where I used to live before, but I can not move for various reasons...

Hi Vj's

What's the maximum frame of time you can be outside the USA and then returing the Advance Parole? Im trying to read the USCIS site but there's no word about it.

thanks

I already had the interview and was approved. They didnt grant me the Green Card becouse their waiting the background check.

She applied through DORA (Dallas Rapid Office Adjustment) and already had her interview. She's just waiting and waiting for her approval and is stuck in the background check.

Hang in there, dear, I'm sure it will be over soon!!! :thumbs:

Timeline
She applied through DORA (Dallas Rapid Office Adjustment) and already had her interview. She's just waiting and waiting for her approval and is stuck in the background check.

Hang in there, dear, I'm sure it will be over soon!!! :thumbs:

Thanks INlove..

200 days since the interview :crying:

Filed: Timeline

k1_visa,

The maximum time is not defined quantitatively, it's defined qualitatively. If you've been gone long enough that it doesn't look like you really intend to live in the USA, you risk a determination of abandonment.

Factors other than time alone will likely play a role in such a determination.

Yodrak

Hi Vj's

thanks

I already had the interview and was approved. They didnt grant me the Green Card becouse their waiting the background check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It doesn't sound like you can get AP approved (for a K-1 visa holder) without having already filed for AOS. Is my understanding correct? I am just trying to gain some knowledge on the immigration laws.

Jul. 22, 04-Jum and I met in Thailand.

Jul. 21, 05-I-129F arrives at TSC

Aug. 23, 05-NOA1 Notice Date

Aug. 27, 05-NOA1 arrives in mail

Oct. 13, 05-NOA2 confirmed by email

Oct. 18, 05-NOA2 received in mail

Oct. 24, 05-NVC letter received

Nov. 18, 05-Packet 3 received

Dec. 15, 05-Police Record/Medical/Interview Assigned

Feb. 5, 06-C.J.& Jum together in Thailand

Feb. 7, 06-Interview Day-APPROVED! (6 1/2 months)

Feb. 11, 06-Engagement Ceremony

May 8, 06-POE JFK, Temp. EAD Received

May 18, 06-Apply for SS#, Jun. 18, 06-Receive SS Card

Jul. 3, 06-Married!

AOS Journey

Aug. 10, 06-AOS Package Sent

Aug. 18, 06-AOS, AP, EAD Receipt Notice Date

Aug. 28, 06-Received AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

Aug. 28, 06-I-485 transfer to CSC

Sep. 13, 06-CSC received AOS

Sep. 14, 06-AOS/EAD Biometrics

Sep. 15, 06-AOS Touched #1

Sep. 26, 06-AOS Touched #2

Sep. 27, 06-AOS Touched #3

Sep. 28, 06-Email notice of Welcome Letter mailed! (AOS Day 40)

Oct. 2, 06-Welcome letter received

Oct. 3, 06-Email notification of approval notice mailed.

Oct. 5, 06-Green card received.

Oct. 7, 06-NC Driver License Received

I-751 Timeline

Sep. 8, 08-I-751 Arrives at VSC

Sep. 11, 08-I-751 NOA1 Received

Nov. 14, 08-Biometrics Appointment

EVERYTHING APPROVED at the end of Dec. 2008, finally.

Jul 10, 11-Citizenship application submitted.

Feb. 16, 12-CITIZENSHIP GRANTED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A ha, I found the answer. You do need AOS pending to apply for AP. That's what I thought.

Jul. 22, 04-Jum and I met in Thailand.

Jul. 21, 05-I-129F arrives at TSC

Aug. 23, 05-NOA1 Notice Date

Aug. 27, 05-NOA1 arrives in mail

Oct. 13, 05-NOA2 confirmed by email

Oct. 18, 05-NOA2 received in mail

Oct. 24, 05-NVC letter received

Nov. 18, 05-Packet 3 received

Dec. 15, 05-Police Record/Medical/Interview Assigned

Feb. 5, 06-C.J.& Jum together in Thailand

Feb. 7, 06-Interview Day-APPROVED! (6 1/2 months)

Feb. 11, 06-Engagement Ceremony

May 8, 06-POE JFK, Temp. EAD Received

May 18, 06-Apply for SS#, Jun. 18, 06-Receive SS Card

Jul. 3, 06-Married!

AOS Journey

Aug. 10, 06-AOS Package Sent

Aug. 18, 06-AOS, AP, EAD Receipt Notice Date

Aug. 28, 06-Received AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

Aug. 28, 06-I-485 transfer to CSC

Sep. 13, 06-CSC received AOS

Sep. 14, 06-AOS/EAD Biometrics

Sep. 15, 06-AOS Touched #1

Sep. 26, 06-AOS Touched #2

Sep. 27, 06-AOS Touched #3

Sep. 28, 06-Email notice of Welcome Letter mailed! (AOS Day 40)

Oct. 2, 06-Welcome letter received

Oct. 3, 06-Email notification of approval notice mailed.

Oct. 5, 06-Green card received.

Oct. 7, 06-NC Driver License Received

I-751 Timeline

Sep. 8, 08-I-751 Arrives at VSC

Sep. 11, 08-I-751 NOA1 Received

Nov. 14, 08-Biometrics Appointment

EVERYTHING APPROVED at the end of Dec. 2008, finally.

Jul 10, 11-Citizenship application submitted.

Feb. 16, 12-CITIZENSHIP GRANTED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Correct - you cannot apply for AP without AOS. However, it sounds like the OP has been approved for the GC pending the background check. I'm not sure if you can travel on AP with an approved GC but no GC, if you see what I mean. It would also be terrible if your GC were to come through whilst you were out of the country, invalidating the AP and meaning that the POE wouldn't let you back in.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Timeline
Correct - you cannot apply for AP without AOS. However, it sounds like the OP has been approved for the GC pending the background check. I'm not sure if you can travel on AP with an approved GC but no GC, if you see what I mean. It would also be terrible if your GC were to come through whilst you were out of the country, invalidating the AP and meaning that the POE wouldn't let you back in.

whAAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAA?????? :o

THATS MEAN IF I RETURN TO MY HOME COUNTRY USING MY ADVANCE PAROLE AND, WHILE I AM OUT OF THE USA MY GREEN CARD IS GRANTED....

I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO ENTER U.S.A.?

AGAIN, MY INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED. IM JUST WAITING THE BACKGROUND CHECK

OH LORD...

THANKS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I believe there is a possibility of that happening. I wouldn't personally want to bank on POE letting me in with an invalid document despite having a green card.

I really think that if you can hold out for the GC you'll be much safer to travel. Sorry to spoil your plans :(

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Timeline
any guru?

please advice!

Situation: I have already my interview and was approved. They couldnt stamp my passport due the background check is pending.

I have Advance Parole and i need to go to my home country..

What would it happend if the green card is granted while i am abroad, can i return usa using the AP?

Thanks

Please anybody knows if I can use the Advance Parole to re enter the USA if the " Green Card" is granted when i ll be in my country of origin?

thanks! :help::help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Please anybody knows if I can use the Advance Parole to re enter the USA if the " Green Card" is granted when i ll be in my country of origin?

thanks! :help::help:

Not a guru but it would seem to me that if your green card arrives while you are out of the country you could do one of the following

- have someone fedex the green card to you

- have whoever is meeting you at the airport bring the card and their cell phone with them. At immigration explain the situation and they can call and get the card if needed

This assumes of course that there is someone to check the mailbox to find the card and that you clear here in Dallas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.