adins

Filling out my petition--quick question!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just filling out my I-129f petition. I was wondering how you all filled out your forms. Did you use CAPS the whole time or did you write in lower case? :blink: My fiance and I were looking at sample forms and some use all caps and others use lower case. Yah, it might not matter anyways...just curious to see how you did it and if you were approved! :D

Also, specifically on the G325a form, when my fiance (who is from England) is filling it out and it asks for the 'last address outside of the US for a year' ....does he just put his home address again--or N/A? (I hadn't thought about it b/c I have never lived outside US for more than a year so I put N/A---for him, he has obviously always lived outside the US) Thanks for any and all help!

Amanda

Edited by adins

Amanda & James

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Just filling out my I-129f petition. I was wondering how you all filled out your forms. Did you use CAPS the whole time or did you write in lower case? :blink: My fiance and I were looking at sample forms and some use all caps and others use lower case. Yah, it might not matter anyways...just curious to see how you did it and if you were approved! :D Thanks for any and all help!

Amanda

hey! we just used caps where it said to on the petition and for N/A answers. We typed ours so I used lowercase when I could but if you are writing it yourself I would used all caps. I hope that helps alittle!

Good Luck

Diana and Enrico

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes CAPS is good. It makes your writing legible and easier to understand.I did mine like that and it was approved.

For the 2nd question, it would be your fiance's Current address in the U.K

Hope that helps

Edited by olutayo82
love conquers all things

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys me again....

sorry I JUST found another thread asking similar quesitons about upper or lower case. Sorry for the repitition.

Still wondering about the G325 form though. For that same part, do I put N/A or NONE...I am the US citizen. I've read not to put N/A when None is applicable...they are so similar sometimes! hehe

Thanks!

Amanda & James

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hey guys me again....

sorry I JUST found another thread asking similar quesitons about upper or lower case. Sorry for the repitition.

Still wondering about the G325 form though. For that same part, do I put N/A or NONE...I am the US citizen. I've read not to put N/A when None is applicable...they are so similar sometimes! hehe

Thanks!

It would be Not Applicable.Hope that helps. As the U.S citizen, you did not live outside the U.S

love conquers all things

Hey guys me again....

Thanks!

It would be Not Applicable.Hope that helps. As the U.S citizen, you did not live outside the U.S

Some US Citizens do not live in the USA and may not have lived in the USA for a few years so there could be US citizens that would have an answer for this. I put N/A in all of the boxes and got my NOA2 with no problems.

Edited by James_and_Miranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Check out VJ's example forms HERE :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Also, specifically on the G325a form, when my fiance (who is from England) is filling it out and it asks for the 'last address outside of the US for a year' ....does he just put his home address again--or N/A? (I hadn't thought about it b/c I have never lived outside US for more than a year so I put N/A---for him, he has obviously always lived outside the US) Thanks for any and all help!

I think the OP is referring to the non-us citizen (her fiance in england filling out this form). I read this post over and over and looked at the copy of the form we sent in our K1 app. and I think I misunderstood the form myself - I too am from england . I actually put in "NONE" but I think I should have put my current address as it is in the question above it. I havent lived anywhere else but in england since the age of 3. I hope we dont get an RFE just for that - I hope the person checking the forms is not so stupid to read the previous question and realise that I have lived in the present address since 1992 to present, LOL.

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

I think the OP is referring to the non-us citizen (her fiance in england filling out this form). I read this post over and over and looked at the copy of the form we sent in our K1 app. and I think I misunderstood the form myself - I too am from england . I actually put in "NONE" but I think I should have put my current address as it is in the question above it. I havent lived anywhere else but in england since the age of 3. I hope we dont get an RFE just for that - I hope the person checking the forms is not so stupid to read the previous question and realise that I have lived in the present address since 1992 to present, LOL.

Lina (UKC)

James put his home address in the "Last address outside the US for one year" because, well, he's lived in the UK for his entire life so obviously that would be his last address outside the US!

Linababe, that might be a good reason for an RFE but hopefully like you said they will realize the mistake, but then again they are verrryy technical :P Good luck though!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Timeline

Miranda,

It's good to see that someone can read and understand what they've read. Well done.

Yodrak

James put his home address in the "Last address outside the US for one year" because, well, he's lived in the UK for his entire life so obviously that would be his last address outside the US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.