semidevil

please review my checklist for NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I read through all the guides so many times and I want confirmation for some folks here to see if I'm missing anything. I"m living abroad with my wife while we are waiting for her I130 to approve, and I want to use this waiting time to get any additional documents that I might still need.

Here is what I have so far (brief background, I'm living abroad with my wife, my mom will be co-sponsor).

From spouse:

- DS-230 signed

- certified copy of birth certificate

- the required medical and police clearance when available.

- Passport (copies)

From me:

- I864 signed

- last 3 years tax transcript (ordered from IRS)

- current paystubs (copies)

- copy of birth certificate (certified copy)

- divorce decree from previous marriage (certified copy)

- pending: proof of domicile, i,e current bank statement, house deed, email communication, etc etc

From Co-sponsor (mom)

- co sponsor paystubs (original)

- cosponsor tax transcript (ordered from IRS)

- I864A (signed by co-sponsor, original)

- co sponsors passport (copy)

- mom's passport (copies)

Is there anything else that you can think that I might need?

If not, Right now, the only question i have is with regards to the joint sponsor (I followed up on a similar thread): I did not include my dad as the joint sponsor because he is retired and makes 0 income. However, he and my mom are listed as 'married and filing jointly' on the tax transcript. Does that automatically make him a 'sponsor too?' If so, does that mean I also need to get him to fill out an I864A and send in passport copies?

Also, are passport copies ok, or do they need to be some how certified copies (not sure if that even exists)?

Thanks!

Edited by semidevil

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read through all the guides so many times and I want confirmation for some folks here to see if I'm missing anything. I"m living abroad with my wife while we are waiting for her I130 to approve, and I want to use this waiting time to get any additional documents that I might still need.

Here is what I have so far (brief background, I'm living abroad with my wife, my mom will be co-sponsor).

From spouse:

- DS-230 signed

- Passport (copies)

From me:

- I864 signed

- pending: proof of domicile, i,e current bank statement, house deed, email communication, etc etc

From Co-sponsor (mom)

If not, Right now, the only question i have is with regards to the joint sponsor (I followed up on a similar thread): I did not include my dad as the joint sponsor because he is retired and makes 0 income. However, he and my mom are listed as 'married and filing jointly' on the tax transcript. Does that automatically make him a 'sponsor too?' If so, does that mean I also need to get him to fill out an I864A and send in passport copies?

Also, are passport copies ok, or do they need to be some how certified copies (not sure if that even exists)?

Thanks!

Employment letter?

Filed: Timeline

From spouse:

- DS-230 signed

- Passport (copies)

From me:

- I864 signed

From Co-sponsor (mom)

Thanks!

From spouse:

you forget tow passport photos beside the DS 230 is not necessary nowadays she will need to fill the DS 260 online application as soon as you pay the IV fee online and for more informations go to this link i am providing below so you can understand the processing with the NVC if you are going through the NVC stage as for the CR 1 Visa:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472916-nvc-filers-january-2014/

Edited by you & i

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

From spouse:

- DS-230 signed

- Passport (copies)

From me:

- I864 signed

From Co-sponsor (mom)

Thanks!

You need to get updated. Go here to the NVC filers thread no more DS-230 or DS-3032 all online. Read Post #1 and #2.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472916-nvc-filers-january-2014/page-1

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

From spouse:

- DS-230 signed

- Passport (copies)

- Ds260 instead of ds230

- original birth certificate & photocopy

- police clearance & photocopy (not sure with medical, maybe it's country specific?)

- copy of passport

- ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE & PHOTOCOPY (you missed this important part)

- 2x2 passport photos

08.24.2013 - got married in the Philippines!

09.25.2013 - NOA1 via email

11.18.2013 - requested expedite due to typhoon

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

12.12.2013 - I-130 approved, NOA2 via email (never transferred); shipped to NVC

12.30.2013 - NVC received the case

01.06.2014 - requested expedite due to typhoon and PCS

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.09.2014 - AOS fee billed

01.14.2014 - AOS fee showed paid

01.15.2014 - IV fee billed; expedite approved

01.18.2014 - sent AOS package

01.22.2014 - IV fee showed paid; AOS arrived at NVC as per UPS (10:18am by FNU)

01.24.2014 - sent IV package

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

01.29.2014 - CASE COMPLETE (via phonecall)

01.30.2014 - received checklist for Dutch Police Record (VOG) via email

01.31.2014 - left NVC, sent to embassy

02.04.2014 - received at embassy, READY as per CEAC

02.10-11.2014 - medical done, passed!

02.24.2014 - interview: APPROVED!!

02.27.2014 - Received SMS from 2Go, ready for pick up

02.28.2014 - visa on hand; CFO sticker

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

03.06.2014 - POE Hawaii...Aloooohaaa! :)

04.10.2014 - 2yr green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.