Collie

Emails *DO* have impact

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Last week I wrote here that I was going to email USCIS about my I-130. I did exactly that and I also called asking for a tier 2 supervisor. An immigration officer called me back yesterday and of course its now approved, but what was interesting was that he was able to tell me that the case had been touched on Friday...coincidence? Perhaps.. but I think not, considering that my email and call also went out on Friday.

My message is to keep hounding USCIS. Someone at least looked at my case as a result of sending that email and calling those people. I got approved with 6 days to spare of the 60 day time frame.

Keep on their butts especially if you are coming close to your 60 days!

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There seems to be quite a bit of anecdotal evidence that getting a Tier 2 to look at a case can speed things up at this stage. I had a discussion about this with my wife the other day. Maybe because they pull the file to investigate when you call? Of course there is also the fact that not all Tier 2's are equally helpful! Definitely worth doing for anyone who has been waiting for a long time though.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Timeline

All tier 2 operators are not helpful...my case has been transferred three times now since November 18 when it was originally transferred from nebraska to Texas service center. ..then it was transferred again on the 30th of December and again on January 3rd to the same service center...I called yesterday and the tier 2 operator a lady was extremely rude and kept telling me she had no way of telling anything different than what I already knew to just wait for a correspondence from the service center

Today I called and got a really nice man who told me he would check to see what was going on then when he couldn't find exactly what was going on..he wrote the texas service center explaining that I haf received multiple transfers to the same service center within the last two months and that my case had been waiting for processing since April 8th.. he gave me a confirmation number and told me they should send me a reply before the 24th of this month. .. two different days...two different operators...major differences in response given

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I used this email: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

Good luck!!

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Is it possible to send an email out without have had a service request filed before? I emailed CSC and all I got was an automated response that they don't respond unless it's a followup after 15 days of unresolved service request and email should have that service request number..

Naturalized citizen since September 2018

I485
08/15/2007 Filed AOS based on approved I140, EB3 category (Employment Based). Received RFE and responded....Pending since then.
I-130 Timeline:
07/03/13 - I-130 packet sent
07/05/13 - I-130 packet delivered
07/10/13 - NOA 1 with PD 07/05/13
Last touched 07/10/13
12/9/13 - Case update to "transferred to another office for processing" and received text and email alert.
12/10/13 - Case update "transferred to local USCIS office for processing"
12/12/13- Case update "transferred and being processed at a USCIS office"
12/14/13 - Received 2 hard copies stating transferred to California Service Center, left Priority Date blank
2/5/2014- Email/Txt I130 approved and notice mailed.
2/10/2014-Hard Copy NOA2. Approval
Back to I485
2/21/2014-Letter sent to request conversion for old I485 from employment to marriage with copy of I485 receipt and I130 approval
03/19/2014 - Service request to check on conversion request status.
04/04/2014 - Service request status through mail stating request received for conversion and file being prepared for transfer to local office.
04/08/2014 - I485 updated to "transferred to local office"
04/12/2014 - Received transfer notice in mail stating file transferred from Nebraska to NBC Lee Summit, Montana (so disappointed as I thought it was at local office now).
04/14/2014- emailed Nebraska and scopscata to see what's going on with file due to conflicting info I've gotten and NBC doesn't even show processing I485.
04/14/2014- Got response from scopscata saying will look into email, forward to resolution team.
04/14/2014- I485 updated to "485 was transferred and is now being processed at USCIS office"
04/25/2014- Text message and case update online "testing and interview" stage.
05/06/2014- Text message and case update online with interview date of June 11, 2014.
06/05/2014-Notice sent by NYC acting district director/office that interview date is Aug 21, 2014.....??????????? No change online
06/11/2014 - Interview for AOS. I130 was already attached. Approved and got passport stamped. YAY. Thank God.
06/19/2014 - Case updated online with text and email saying new card mailed.....

06/21/2014-Condtional GC received along with welcome letter.

ROC

04/06/2016- Filed I-751 along with evidence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Last week I wrote here that I was going to email USCIS about my I-130. I did exactly that and I also called asking for a tier 2 supervisor. An immigration officer called me back yesterday and of course its now approved, but what was interesting was that he was able to tell me that the case had been touched on Friday...coincidence? Perhaps.. but I think not, considering that my email and call also went out on Friday.

My message is to keep hounding USCIS. Someone at least looked at my case as a result of sending that email and calling those people. I got approved with 6 days to spare of the 60 day time frame.

Keep on their butts especially if you are coming close to your 60 days!

How do you get on to a tier 2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.