AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

Thank u, I really appreciate your help!

-PETITIONER

4.21.14 K-1 I-129F Petition For Fiancé

4.23.14 Received Date

5.08.14 I-797C, Receipt Notice

5.14.14 I-797E, Notice of Action (Form G-325A)

5.16.14 I-797C, Receipt Notice

6.05.14 I-797E, Request for Evidence Form G-325A

7.24.14 G-325A, RFE (Request for evidence

7.31.14 NOA2, Received text alert

8.04.14 NOA2, In the mail

8.18.14 NVC received it

8.25.14 NVC, received in the mail

8.28.14 DS-160 Submitted

8.30.14 Beneficiary approved to schedule appointment

9.18.14 Medical Exam

9.19.14 Interview

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

God Bless Ukraine!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We received the RFE letter today.

=====================================================================================

Intent to Marry: Submit evidence from the beneficiary that she plans to marry the petitioner within 90 days

of the beneficiary`s admission in the United States.

Evidence of the beneciary`s intent maybe a statement,wedding preparations or other evidence

that clearly establishes the couple`s intent to marry.

======================================================================================

We submitted the Letter of Intent to Marry when we filed for I-129F using the guide in Visa Journey. But to reply in this RFE

we are planning to submit the following evidence and use the Return Envelop included in the RFE letter.

1) Letter of Intent to Marry (Beneficiary and Petitioner)

2) Letter from the Priest who will conduct the Wedding

Any feedback will be much appreciated :idea:

Thank You.

Edited by nadeshiko

04/12/2014: I-129F sent
04/15/2014: Delivered at Lewisville TX
04/18/2014: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation

04/22/2014: Alien Registration Number changed
04/24/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 4/17)
06/12/2014: RFE Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 6/06)
06/19/2014: RFE Reply sent (Delivered: 6/20)
07/08/2014: NOA2 received

07/31/2014: Packet 3 received

08/06/2014: Packet 4 received via e-mail

08/21/2014: Medical Exam

09/02/2014: Interview

09/04/2014: CEAC Status: ISSUED

09/09/2014: VISA on hand

I want to be better,stronger,kinder

simply because I know you.
This is what Love does to me.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

=====================================================================================

Intent to Marry: Submit evidence from the beneficiary that she plans to marry the petitioner within 90 days

Evidence of the beneciary`s intent maybe a statement,wedding preparations or other evidence

======================================================================================

We submitted the Letter of Intent to Marry when we filed for I-129F using the guide in Visa Journey. But to reply in this RFE

we are planning to submit the following evidence and use the Return Envelop included in the RFE letter.

Thank You.

I have exactly same RFE. And I don't even have a Priest, because we are just planning to go to the court house and have very small wedding. I am just planning to write a more detailed letter of intend.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have exactly same RFE. And I don't even have a Priest, because we are just planning to go to the court house and have very small wedding. I am just planning to write a more detailed letter of intend.

Do you both have TWO letters of intent? One from both the petitioner & beneficiary & signed in ink respectively? Detailed doesn't seem to matter, so long as you state your intent within 90 days of arriving in the US.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do you both have TWO letters of intent? One from both the petitioner & beneficiary & signed in ink respectively? Detailed doesn't seem to matter, so long as you state your intent within 90 days of arriving in the US.

I have had both letters of intent, but my fiance send me his by email and I just scanned it. And I read here that it has to be original signature. So I am thinking thats why. But I am thinking what else should we send along ? To show more proof. Because this RFE: Intent to marry: they need evidence from the beneficiary that he plans to marry the petitioner. May be someone have ideas on what else I can send.

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

And we almost have the same timeline :)

Goodluck!

04/12/2014: I-129F sent
04/15/2014: Delivered at Lewisville TX
04/18/2014: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation

04/22/2014: Alien Registration Number changed
04/24/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 4/17)
06/12/2014: RFE Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 6/06)
06/19/2014: RFE Reply sent (Delivered: 6/20)
07/08/2014: NOA2 received

07/31/2014: Packet 3 received

08/06/2014: Packet 4 received via e-mail

08/21/2014: Medical Exam

09/02/2014: Interview

09/04/2014: CEAC Status: ISSUED

09/09/2014: VISA on hand

I want to be better,stronger,kinder

simply because I know you.
This is what Love does to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thank You.

We received finally our RFE notification. So what they need, is my fiance's Divorce Certificate,but he sent it for the first time with the petition!

What they explained exactly,that they need another example of his divorce certificate not " NISI" which he sent! But we have no idea which one they need,all the time my fiance used that example and it was ok!!! Why it's not enough now? Where he need to get this certificate now, which USCIS needs?

Any ideas guys???

Thank you for the future responses,we really need help from you!!!!!!!!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Timeline

We received finally our RFE notification. So what they need, is my fiance's Divorce Certificate,but he sent it for the first time with the petition!

What they explained exactly,that they need another example of his divorce certificate not " NISI" which he sent! But we have no idea which one they need,all the time my fiance used that example and it was ok!!! Why it's not enough now? Where he need to get this certificate now, which USCIS needs?

Any ideas guys???

Hi there! What is the "NISI?". I mean for my fiancé and I went sent both of our divorce papers( the long version, his was translated) along with our petition. I didn't get a RFE for that but we got an RFE for the Intent to Marry Letter that somehow USCIS overlooked it or it was never sent in with the packet from our lawyer. It was just my fiancé's that they didn't have, so I sent him a typed up letter that the lawyer did for us and he printed it off and signed it in black ink and mailed it to me via FEDEX and within 4 days I received it. We didn't have to give further proof of the details of the wedding.

I think I read somewhere in VJ to send in the long version divorce decree, that is the one that I sent. So maybe he needs to send that one in. or resubmit it in like its a new person needing it. I mean I already sent in everything that they could possibly need to process it without any mishaps in the first place but I got RFE for the stuff that was already sent, so I just sent it to them again!

Once they received everything that they needed( again) it was processed and approved within a week. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Timeline

I have had both letters of intent, but my fiance send me his by email and I just scanned it. And I read here that it has to be original signature. So I am thinking thats why. But I am thinking what else should we send along ? To show more proof. Because this RFE: Intent to marry: they need evidence from the beneficiary that he plans to marry the petitioner. May be someone have ideas on what else I can send.

Thank you!

I would have him resign the Intent to Marry Letter in ink, press hard on the paper and resend that letter to you. I heard some cases USCIS have accepted a high quality scanned in letter of intent to marry and others have said just an original signed, ink copy is the best way. I didn't want to delay the process any longer and just had him resign the letter and sent it to me. I sent the original signed letter along with the rest of my RFE evidence but made a copy and kept it for my own file.

If they didn't accept my Intent to Marry Me letter or his I was going to send it my wedding details, any place I was going to reserve, people who are coming to the wedding, a wedding invitation with BOTH of our names listed on it...proves that others are going to be witnessing us getting married. Maybe a letter from a Judge who is going to marry us...stating services fees and when they can do it. In my city we can get married at city hall or some of the judges can perform wedding outside of the court house so look up who can perform weddings and see if you can get a letter stating that they will be the one performing your wedding for you. Oh and of course I picture of my wedding dress with a receipt if they needed it! those are just some of my ideas...maybe others have some ideas too and how to prove more evidence?

I don't really know either what this "NISI" means! That's how my fiance explained me what they say in that notice,he is sleeping now,so hopefully he knows what this means and we will decide what to do) Maybe you're right, maybe he needs just to send longest copy of it! I'm confused and upset,hope we will solve this problem!

Was anybody else had the experience like we have and can suggest smth???

Thank you!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Timeline

I don't really know either what this "NISI" means! That's how my fiance explained me what they say in that notice,he is sleeping now,so hopefully he knows what this means and we will decide what to do) Maybe you're right, maybe he needs just to send longest copy of it! I'm confused and upset,hope we will solve this problem!

Was anybody else had the experience like we have and can suggest smth???

Thank you!

I looked up that word...NISI, this is what is means in a divorce...I hope that helps to understand it so you can give them what they want. Here's the link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decree_nisi

I heard its best to send the long version of the divorce decree. Its boring read but hey if that will make someone approve my petition I don't care. Just try to relax, you'll find out what they want and will send it to them. One of the things that I have learned in this process is to not get frustrated or freak out each time I get something from them. I just send them what they want and they pass me onto the next stage. Just breathe....

Timeline

I looked up that word...NISI, this is what is means in a divorce...I hope that helps to understand it so you can give them what they want. Here's the link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decree_nisi

I heard its best to send the long version of the divorce decree. Its boring read but hey if that will make someone approve my petition I don't care. Just try to relax, you'll find out what they want and will send it to them. One of the things that I have learned in this process is to not get frustrated or freak out each time I get something from them. I just send them what they want and they pass me onto the next stage. Just breathe....

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding after more reading on Nisi decree, it seems that a nisi decree is not the final and absolute final divorce decree. So it seems USCIS wants the final divorce decree.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any ideas guys???

Hi

I agree with the others.

You need to send the paperwork for the "Absolute". If he only has the "Nisi", then he is not divorced.

He can get the absolute from wherever he got the Nisi.

I'm in the UK, and here you have to wait for 6 weeks after the Nisi is issued before you can get the Absolute.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.