colo20

I-134 affidavit question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello Every one. I am the Beneficiary and I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone for your contribution so far including your posts and comments on my previous post.

We got our case number on December 18 and my case status online shows "READY"..My Fiance was studying last year and did not make enough money so her mum will be acting as our Co-sponsor. I have been reading post so far about affidavit but i am not really clear what documents do my fiance and her mum need to support the I-134 form.Apart from letters from their employers and pay stubs ,

Do they need most recent Tax return, tax transcripts, 1040, W2. which of them exactly do they need for embassy in Finland as i have seen that the embassies are different in what they ask.I will be happy to hear your experience so that she can start preparing them when she return to USA after Christmas holidays next month from Cameroon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The primary sponsor/ petitioner and the co-sponsor will both need 3 years tax transcripts. A few payslips and a letter from the employer stating salary and that it is a permanent job is strongly suggested.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

The primary sponsor/ petitioner and the co-sponsor will both need 3 years tax transcripts. A few payslips and a letter from the employer stating salary and that it is a permanent job is strongly suggested.

Thanks for your response. i thought the three year of tax returns are needed for spouse visa and k1 fiance visa is the most recent tax return transcript.please i will be happy to hear from other members from finland who have actually had their interview in Finland.Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just provide most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and/or most recent pay stubs. You should not need anything more to prove your income.The co-sponsor should include proof of being a USC or LPR, in case asked for that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

I went overboard because I was paranoid about any possible hiccups in our process, so I gave my fiance everything I could: three years of tax transcripts, W2s and 1099 forms, paystubs and letters from employers. Because my income was only slightly over the poverty line for the current year (great in the past, but not this year), I even had my parents prepare a co-sponsor packet with all of their info (transcripts and 1099s etc), which we held in reserve and didn't submit, just had in case we were asked.

As it turns out, the embassy barely spent 5 minutes looking at my stuff, if even that -- my fiance handed the whole packet over and was called to the window 5 minutes later, and they did not ask a single question about any of the financials. Never even showed them the co-sponsor stuff, so I passed their threshold on my own I guess. Either I gave them more than enough (most likely!) or they don't really pay a lot of attention to it in Finland -- but you may get more scrutiny than we did, so I'd always advise giving them everything possible, to avoid any problems.

In the long run I'm glad I overprepared: it has made the AOS process here easier, because I had all of my tax / paystubs / information and just had to update with the last six months of things since the interview, it was all organized and easy to fill out the I-864. So I'm glad I did and I'd suggest you do the same.

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Filed: Timeline

I am currently unemployed but have hope of getting a job in the new year, do to studying and never having been previously employed I do not have any tax returns that I can provide, if I do get permenate employment soon and I'm making 120% of the poverty, will this be an issue?

Also I have no one that can co sponsor

And my fiancee will be coming from England

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Making 125% in the future doesn't count, but if, by the time of interview, you can provide a few paystubs and a letter from the employer saying the job is permanent, you should be ok.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.