Iyawo Ayodele

police certificates, please add one from your country.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
INSTRUCTIONAL FORM FOR

OBTAINING POLICE CERTIFICATES FROM NIGERIA

Applicants who have lived in Nigeria for more than one year since they turned 16 MUST Provide police records relating to their residence in Nigeria. Such records are readily available to applicants living inside or outside Nigeria.

To apply for a Police Character Certificate,

appear in person (no appointment necessary) or write directly to:

The Deputy Inspector General

Criminal Investigation Department

Nigerian Police Force

Alagbon Close

Ikoyi, Lagos

Nigeria

for in person applications, bring:

• form letter found in packet 3 addressed to the Assistant Inspector General
  • passport
  • full set of fingers or the best you can do :-)
cost: officially: ₦1,500 (US $10), but may cost up to ₦5,000 depending on your ability to haggle or lack thereof.

may take up to two weeks for investigation before it is available for pick up.

for international mail: Applicants must include

• an international bank draft for US $10.00 payable to the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force.
  • The applicant’s letter must state his/her:
• Full name

• Place and Date of Birth

• Nationality

• Passport number and date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant’s stay in Nigeria)

• Exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided.

Each applicant 16 years of age

or over also must enclose:

• Copies of the first three of the data pages of his/her passport as well as the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps

• A complete set of fingerprints

Applicants should contact the headquarters of the police in their present area of residence to ascertain whether they are able to take fingerprints for the purpose.

for mailing allow 4-6 weks for delivery.

Edited by Iyawo Ayodele

Morgan Ife Ayodele :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Our people could just look at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

thank you, very informative. but unfortunately didn't include cost, i'm not totally sure my information on cost is totally up to date, but should be in the ballpark. i'll update that when further evidence is found.

I also appreciate that your information stated the unreliability of requests by mail to the Nigerian inspector General, and that the applicant should have a local family member go there in person for them and then mail them.

Edited by Iyawo Ayodele

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thank you, very informative. but unfortunately didn't include cost, i'm not totally sure my information on cost is totally up to date, but should be in the ballpark. i'll update that when further evidence is found.

I also appreciate that your information stated the unreliability of requests by mail to the Nigerian inspector General, and that the applicant should have a local family member go there in person for them and then mail them.

If you search VJ in the Nigerian forum there has been much talk on prices for PCC. It's very fluid (you know 9ja).And the negotiation skills play a big part and also not letting them know its for a immigration visa helps keep price down. I know some have said its for job interview. Depends.

At least the medical is pretty solid. Since you said your fiance' is 42 he will have to have the extra test for over 40 (EKG he has to have) that was N10,000 a year ago when they started doing that so prepare for that extra also if you haven't done medical already. The rest is about N12,000 for medical and since you aren't getting shots maybe thats it and the N10,000

Hope that helps.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

oh #$%! thank you, I'm still getting used to the whole haggling part, waaay too used to nice set american prices. even if we dont agree with them, or think their highway robbery. but theres enough negotiating with private people here, it shouldn't be hard to learn lol... this bribbery and negotiating thing takes getting used to, its hard not to get my Taurus hackles up and refuse to pay those idiot bribes. but i don't know why, after all i do have my own Nija police officer on my payroll :-) my husband votes me most likely to get shot for fighting with a robber :-)

thank you so much for the advice not to let them know about the visa thing, I remember seeing someplace that their not accepting the requests from the us embassy anymore, don't know why. so I will advise him to say its for a job interview :-) unfortunately i think my hubby stinks at negotiating, here i am the kettle calling the pot black lol

Stinks that they may insist on an EKG, that's all we need is more expense :-(

Timeline

Well my fiance went to the police headquarters, and ask for the certificate, I told him to tell them it was for a job in Lagos, but I think he undermined his own efforts by telling them he was going for a job in the Benin Republic. they insisted the price was N25,000! ($157 USD) he told them it was supposed to be N1,500, and they screamed at him, he begged and pleaded his way down to N15,000 ($94 USD!) Well, it's over now, no sense in crying over money gone.

In the future I suggest people tell them its for a job IN LAGOS. and don't mention a visa at all!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.