vd_journey

RFE 3months no Response

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Friends,

CSC received my RFE response on 3rd Sep 2013 so its more than 100days there is no update from them . I contacted them and they told me that normal processing time of i751 is 1 yr. I am planning to contact my Senator. Any suggestions please....

Thanks

VD

Did you speak with a Tier 2? Did you get any service request submitted on your behalf?

ROC Journey:

4/24/13 - Submitted I-751 application

4/26/13 - I-751 officially filed

6/11/13 - Biometrics done

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

9/21/13 - Submitted RFE response

9/23/13 - RFE response rec'd at VSC

(about 2 months later)

11/21/13 - Service request via Tier 1 submitted

12/11/13 - Response to service request rec'd - vague info about processing times

12/12/13 - Service request via Tier 2 submitted

12/10/13 - APPROVED!!! (letter rec'd 12/14/13)

12/16/13 - 2nd Service request response rec'd

12/17/13 - Card production email/text rec'd (online case updated)!

12/24/13 - Notification rec'd via email regarding card mailed on 12/23/13 (online case updated as well)

12/26/13 - 10-yr card rec'd!

One thing I have learned on this journey:

There is no such thing as an "overkill" evidence package. Submit anything and everything you can. Who knows what will prevent you from getting an RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

please ask to speak to a TIER 2 rep.... like suggested above... good luck!

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Timeline

Victorian ..Yes I spoke to Tier 2 person in nov and she said processing time is 1yr so she could not put the service request. I called again last week and finally they put the service request and gave me the service request number. Hopefully I ll receive some positive response soon. Thanks for your help.

Good thing you called again. Glad to hear they put in a service request. Hopefully you hear something soon. Give it a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Victorian ..Yes I spoke to Tier 2 person in nov and she said processing time is 1yr so she could not put the service request. I called again last week and finally they put the service request and gave me the service request number. Hopefully I ll receive some positive response soon. Thanks for your help.

ROC Journey:

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

(about 2 months later)

12/11/13 - Response to service request rec'd - vague info about processing times

12/24/13 - Notification rec'd via email regarding card mailed on 12/23/13 (online case updated as well)

There is no such thing as an "overkill" evidence package. Submit anything and everything you can. Who knows what will prevent you from getting an RFE.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Victorian ,I got a letter from USCIS stating that they let me know in another 45days weather its approved or rejected. Whats next?

If they follow the same schedule as me you may possibly get an approval letter within a week. Unfortunately you'll have to keep waiting but at least know that they have responded to your inquiry and someone somewhere is most likely going to give your case some attention.

Good luck!

Hi Victorian ,I got a letter from USCIS stating that they let me know in another 45days weather its approved or rejected. Whats next?

ROC Journey:

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

(about 2 months later)

I doubt you can do anything now except to wait. If you send anything now they will just respond with "case still processing" or something to that affect. Good luck.

Thanks Victorian
Should I call and talk to teir2 person again OR send e-request with ref number?

ROC Journey:

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

(about 2 months later)

That's assuming you have waited for like say...2 years. There have been others that already did and were given the generic response along the lines of "case still in the normal processing time".

I would not waste my time unless I have solid proof that I have waited too long.

Don't "plan" to contact a senator. Do it, today.

ROC Journey:

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

(about 2 months later)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's assuming you have waited for like say...2 years. There have been others that already did and were given the generic response along the lines of "case still in the normal processing time".

I would not waste my time unless I have solid proof that I have waited too long.

I disagree, It takes a simple phone call and sending in the release form. Hardly a waste of time. Even if the Aide gives you the same stock answer, sometimes an Congressional inquiry will jiggle loose a stuck application.

It depends greatly on your representative, Two of mine were excellent. One was useless. Contact all your reps. Tell the one you like the best to proceed with an inquiry. It costs you nothing. The worst case, nothing changes. Best case your case starts moving again.

Timeline

Another problem is license ...In Chicago dmv they don't accept 1 yr ext letter...It's been 5months my wife drop me to office everyday...wait wait wait

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.