4 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I just want to know what supporting evidence to include with the I-864. It's sorta just been sprung on me a bit as it turns out we're going to the bank tomorrow now to get stuff from there for evidence of the I-864 :S. So I've not had time to look it up the best I could've.

This is what we have so far, bearing in mind my fiance is unemployed and mom is a retired pensioner and our main joint sponsor -

Letter from bank stating when account was opened, current balance in checking and savings and the monthly deposits going into it for the past year.

IRS tax transcripts.

Letter from fiance saying why he didn't need to file taxes (he is listed on Mom's tax returns too)

Pay stubs from past 6 months.

Social security statement of her income

If possible, pension statement noting her income

Proof of Mom's US citizenship

Is there anything I'm missing from here? I've read the instructions for the form and a couple of guides online and I wanna make sure I'm not gonna miss anything out.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

why is she filing the i864? have you already gotten married and adjusting status?

if your still on the K1, your fiancé will file the i134 as sponsor and his mother will file an i134 as his joint sponsor. the petitioner is always the main sponsor, the other person is the joint sponsor

once married and filing for adjustment, your husband will file the i864 as sponsor and his mother will file an i864 as joint sponsor

hi

why is she filing the i864? have you already gotten married and adjusting status?

if your still on the K1, your fiancé will file the i134 as sponsor and his mother will file an i134 as his joint sponsor. the petitioner is always the main sponsor, the other person is the joint sponsor

once married and filing for adjustment, your husband will file the i864 as sponsor and his mother will file an i864 as joint sponsor

Yes, I know all that. We are getting married Jan 18th and will be sending off our AOS shortly thereafter. I have already done the K-1 process and am now residing in the US. We will be collecting some of the supporting evidence for our AOS packet tomorrow, that's why I started the topic. I know which forms to fill in, I want confirmation of what supporting evidence will be required.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Letter from the bank is not really necessary if you are not using assets to meet the requirement, but won't hurt if you really want to ask for one to include.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.