GoLdEnSkY99

PCC - Gujarat India

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys, Can anyone please help me? So my wife has hired an agent to do all the paper work in india. This guy told her that in order to get the PCC from passport office, you have to receive checklist from NVC first :-/ I thought we had to send all the civil documents in order to not get any checklist. He also told her that if you want to get a PCC, you need a letter or something from NVC asking for it, so is it true? Is there a way we can get the PCC before getting checklist from NVC? I thought we had to submit the PCC along with all the civil documents in DS260. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No you dont need a letter from NVC about PCC. You need to get it so that you can send it in to NVC. Somebody dont know what they are talking about and it needs to be an original. When you go for your PCC you tell them why you need it. I know for certain you dont need any letter from NVC I dont know how your country works about getting it.

Keep it Real

Timeline

No you dont need a letter from NVC about PCC. You need to get it so that you can send it in to NVC. Somebody dont know what they are talking about and it needs to be an original. When you go for your PCC you tell them why you need it. I know for certain you dont need any letter from NVC I dont know how your country works about getting it.

Hey thanks for sharing! :) that's what I thought.

Anyone from India had any experience getting PCC? Were you required to show any proof in passport office in order to get PCC?

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Yup, sounds like another lawyer/agent making money off of innocent people. OP, you can do this all by yourself if you use VJ along the way. You see here you are now asking for advice and your wife's agent doesn;t know what the heck they are doing. Save your money and save time...do it yourself.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi..

when you go to get PCC they do ask for checklist.. i got my pcc before my ds-260 was even filled out..this is what i showed them.. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

Timeline

Hi..

when you go to get PCC they do ask for checklist.. i got my pcc before my ds-260 was even filled out..this is what i showed them.. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

Will they give her PCC in Gujarat by just showing that?

Thanks for the reply

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey thanks for sharing! smile.png that's what I thought.

Anyone from India had any experience getting PCC? Were you required to show any proof in passport office in order to get PCC?

When my husband had to take PCC from India, they asked same thing. At that time he was living in Dubai, he got one from Dubai police department and Indian embassy on Passport also he has to get from India too. So his sister had to go to police department for my husband. First off all police department does not know what they were talking about so we told them it’s for US immigrate visa also we printed out this lick to show them. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivinterview_preparation.html we got PCC after two trips to police Station.

Timeline

When my husband had to take PCC from India, they asked same thing. At that time he was living in Dubai, he got one from Dubai police department and Indian embassy on Passport also he has to get from India too. So his sister had to go to police department for my husband. First off all police department does not know what they were talking about so we told them it’s for US immigrate visa also we printed out this lick to show them. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivinterview_preparation.html we got PCC after two trips to police Station.

Thanks!

May be my wife can print that and take it with her, i hope it will work.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

PCC is not required at NVC stage for Mumbai consulate\ Gujarat region. Ahmedabad passport office will not issue PCC without a checklist from NVC.

You can complete your case without PCC and bring PCC with you at the time of your interview.

Timeline

PCC is not required at NVC stage for Mumbai consulate\ Gujarat region. Ahmedabad passport office will not issue PCC without a checklist from NVC.

You can complete your case without PCC and bring PCC with you at the time of your interview.

So we won't receive any checklist from NVC?

Thanks for the reply

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

like all things indian, it will depend on who you talk to unsure.png . Some officers will ask for the NVC letter, some won't (and some won't know the difference between NOA1, NOA2, NVC letter, ...). my wife got the PCC without showing any letters, good luck.

Timeline

So we won't receive any checklist from NVC?

Thanks for the reply

When you submit the Package IV or civil documents without the PCC you will get a checklist that they need PCC. you can apply for PCC and take it with you during the interview. I did talk to supervisor three different days just to verify and they all said you can take PCC with you at the time of interview.

like all things indian, it will depend on who you talk to unsure.png . Some officers will ask for the NVC letter, some won't (and some won't know the difference between NOA1, NOA2, NVC letter, ...). my wife got the PCC without showing any letters, good luck.

My wife tried to get PCC done based on NOA2 and letter from NVC (nothing was mentioned about PCC in the letter though) but the Ahmedabad office did not give PCC. She had to go back once I got the checklist.

Timeline

Thanks for all the feedback everyone

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

Friends!! I have something to say.Before i get familiar with the CR1 process, i misunderstood that PCC is required to file i130. So i applied for PCC before i applied i130. So i hve tht experience in getting PCC in india. I jus fixed up the appoinment online thru passport seva kendra, Here is the link

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp There are the steps for online appoinment. Once u done with the fiixing appoinment, U will have to appear at the passport office on time (where ur passport have been issued. ). you wil get clear with the procedures once u get passport office. since u are fixing the appointment prior n appearing on time, u wil get PCC in less than an hr time. there is a filed in application , asking you for purpose of PCC. So you wont be questioned or asked for any letters or checklist from anyone, you can jus say them tht u r applying for PCC for USA immigrant visa. The pcc wil be in ur hand in 40 mins. Best of luck. Pls Dont listen to any idiotic agent

I-130 USCIS

NOA1: 08/15/2013

NOA1 Hardcopy: 08/22/2013

Case transferred to CSC: 02/10/2014

Case transfer Hardcopy: 02/19/2014

NOA2: 03/05/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy: 03/10/2014

NVC:

Case arrived at NVC: 03/13/2014

Case number,IIN,BIN assigned and email id given: 04/14/2014

DS261 Available and Completed: 04/18/2014

DS261 accepted and received instruction: 04/21/2014

AOS fee paid and Payment status is "IN PROCESS": 04/21/2014

AOS Payment status shows PAID: 04/24/2014

AOS mailed to NVC: 04/24/2014

IV fee paid and payment status shows " IN PROCESS" : 04/25/2014

IV fee payment status shows PAID: 04/29/2014

Approved IV packet and DS260: 05/20/2014

Interview Date(Got from NVC by call on 05/30/2014): 07/15/2014

Received Interview Letter from NVC by email: 06/02/2014.

Biometrics done at VAC,Chennai: 06/16/2014

Medicals done at Apollo,Chennai: 06/17/2014

VISA APPROVED at Mumbai embassy: 07/15/2014

VISA Pick up at Chennai VFC: 07/18/2014

Port Of Entry: 9/4/2014

SSN Arrived: 10/6/2014

Green Card Arrived: 10/22/2014

Case Complete: 05/27/2014

Removal of Conditional - Joint Waiver/Divorced

Green Card Expired: 9/04/2016

NOA Date: 7/13/2016

Biometric Date: 8/2/2016

I-551 Samping: 7/7/2017 at Dallas Field Office

I-751 Approved: 10/07/2017 (USCIS status: New card is being produced)

New Green Card Received:  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.