Eliezer y Wendy

DS-156 special case HELP

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I read the guidelines and sample DS-156, but our case is a little different. I hope there is another example here in VJ that could be similar to our case.

I'm the petitioner. She lived here for several years while applying for political asylum. During the process her family (parents and sister) were issued valid social security numbers and work/study permit year after year. The asylum was denied, but they kept renewing work permit while appealing. Suddenly, her father was picked up from work and deported. They contact her to report in person at a immigration office and we did. We ended up buying her own ticket to leave the States. She left about two months after her last work/study permit expired.

So I want to know what are the best answers for questions the questions listed below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

30. Have You Ever Been Issued a U.S. Visa?
31. Have You Ever Been Refused a U.S. Visa?
35. Has Your U.S. Visa Ever Been Cancelled or Revoked?
36. Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?
38. IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS MUST READ AND CHECK THE APPROPRIATE BOX FOR EACH ITEM.
A visa may not be issued to persons who are within specific categories defined by law as inadmissible to the United States (except when a waiver is obtained in advance). Is any of the following applicable to you?

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance(drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes? Yes No

Have you ever been refused admission to the U.S., or been the subject of a deportation hearing or sought to obtain or assist others to obtain a visa, entry into the U.S., or any other U.S. immigration benefit by fraud or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful means? Have you attended a U.S. public elementary school on student rose.gif status or a public secondary school after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school? Yes No

Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide? Have you ever participated in, ordered, or engaged in genocide, torture, or extrajudicial killings? Yes No

Have you ever violated the terms of a U.S. visa, or been unlawfully present in, or deported from, the United States? Yes No

Have you ever withheld custody of a U.S. citizen child outside the United States from a person granted legal custody by a U.S. court, voted in the United States in violation of any law or regulation, or renounced U.S. citizenship for the purpose of avoiding taxation? Yes No

Have you ever been afflicted with a communicable disease of public health significance or a dangerous physical or mental disorder, or ever been a drug abuser or addict?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much in advance...... oh... Also. I'll be the one paying for her trip with my son back to the States. Would it be an issue with this on question 28. Who Will Pay For Your Trip?

Thanks again

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

2/27/2007 - Wendy and I met in Sarasota, FL
6/30/2007 - We moved in
6/11/2010 - Our son Christopher was born
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office
1/20/2011 - Wendy left to Guatemala. our son stayed with me.

3/25/2013 - I became a U.S. Citizen
5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
5/10/2013 - NOA1 received
8/22/2013 to 8/29/2013 - Visit for one week. Christopher stayed with mom.
10/24/2013 - RFE
11/25/2013 - NOA2 Approved!

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

2/12/2014 - Was told to file Waivers

5/21/2014 - Waivers I-601 and I-212 filed

12/19/2014 - Waivers Approved

01/26/2015 - K1 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The only forms you need are ds-160 and ds-156k.

Read well the instruction

yes.gif

She needs the DS-160 and DS-156K, which is the supplement for the DS-156. Strange that they even ask for the supplement, but they do. One is even attached to the bottom of the instructions > http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/gt/K1and%20K3%20Fiance%20Packet%20Call%20Center%20Instructions%20%283%29.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

yes.gif

She needs the DS-160 and DS-156K, which is the supplement for the DS-156. Strange that they even ask for the supplement, but they do. One is even attached to the bottom of the instructions > http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/gt/K1and%20K3%20Fiance%20Packet%20Call%20Center%20Instructions%20%283%29.pdf

Thanks every one very much.Especially these instructions are very clear and easy to understand.

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

2/27/2007 - Wendy and I met in Sarasota, FL
6/30/2007 - We moved in
6/11/2010 - Our son Christopher was born
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office
1/20/2011 - Wendy left to Guatemala. our son stayed with me.

3/25/2013 - I became a U.S. Citizen
5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
5/10/2013 - NOA1 received
8/22/2013 to 8/29/2013 - Visit for one week. Christopher stayed with mom.
10/24/2013 - RFE
11/25/2013 - NOA2 Approved!

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

2/12/2014 - Was told to file Waivers

5/21/2014 - Waivers I-601 and I-212 filed

12/19/2014 - Waivers Approved

01/26/2015 - K1 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.