errant79

AOS and I-130 Concern for Mails

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent our packets I-130 both for Me and my daughter in the Philippines + the AOS since I am adjusting from B1/B2, it was sent on Nov. 8 and so far, the latest we could see on USPS website is this "Depart USPS Sort Facility" (that was the 9th) ... I didn't know it's gonna take 2 weeks or more for our mail to be received by the USCIS. the post office guy encouraged my husband to do the Priority mail certified while I was insisting on the Express mail. The guy said it's gonna be there the 12th of Nov ( like 2 days ) and someone from USCIS will pick up all the mails..I called the USPS and they couldn't give me straight answer on "what's going on with the certified mail" but only gave me a case number which was useless anyway. until someone from the local post office finally explained to me that YES it will get there in 2 days BUT it depends WHEN will the USCIS representatives feel like getting my mail (which usually take 2 weeks) but as I am writing this, still haven't got any USPS update with regards to our mail. On the 26th, Dad said he got a return receipt from the post office but no signature so he had to return it to the post office and the lady took the receipt and sent a duplicate copy to Chicago post office for them to sign it. I am starting to get worried of what is happening to my packet ( all copies + the original medical are in that mail ) if they get lost, what do I need to do? esp with the medical records? I know it will take time for the processing, what I'm concern about is the Original Sealed Medical Envelope from my surgeon,( we paid $560 total for the piece of envelope ) the rest I think I can easily make copies/print out. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

P.S. we signed up for electronic notification, no emails/text either. The 3 checks ( 1 check for the daughter, 1 check for my I-130 and the check for AOS and biometrics) haven't been cashed yet either. Thank you!

Filed: Other Timeline

Worst case scenario is if they lose your file. You can ask for refund from USPS. I send mine with UPS with a normal mail (no priority and no express) and it arrived in 4 days. After one week of sending I recieved a message from USCIS that they received my package and 3 days later I got the NOA. Your package shouldnt take more than 3 days to arrive and maybe one week for USCIS to send u notification. I would only worry if I dont receive anything within 2 weeks.

11/16/2013 - AOS Package sent via UPS ground shipping (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)
11/20/2013 (DAY01) Package delivered to Chicago and signed by CHYBA
11/26/2013 (DAY06) NOA Text messages and emails received

12/05/2013 (DAY16) Biometrics letter recieved for 12-19-2013

12/09/2013 (DAY20) Biometrics done in Buffalo (early walk in)

12/18/2013 (DAY29) I-485 status changed to testing and interview

01/06/2014 (DAY 48)- Interview notice for February 10

01/24/2014 ( DAY 66)- EAD AND AP approved

01/30/2014 ( Day 72)- EAD combo card arrived

02/10/2014 (Day 83) Interview date : APPROVED on the spot!! Passport stamped and card production ordered.

February 18 : GC received. Free until November 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you think to send out another packet,

please choose usps priorty mail.

if you purchase the postage online at usps.com, you get a discount PLUS free tracking.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks all for the response. so are you guys saying I should go back to scratch? How about the sealed medical records? I am starting to feel upset with the USPS. we sent it via Priority certified mail with return receipt and signature. Who knows where the packets are. Is it okay to call USCIS to ask if they have receive any packets under my name or will it just be useless to call them?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you did mention tracking, back at post #1. I assume this means you have an actual USPS tracking number.

You should call USPS and pitch a fit.

Don't like to use a telephone, you say? Go into your post office, get the shift supervisor, and pitch a fit with the shift supervisor, face to face, live and in person. It's fine to be nice for the first 2 minutes, but loud tampo , thowing papers , is perfectly acceptable after the 3rd minute.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you! that's what I am doing now.. I am sooo pissed with the USPS people!!!! argh. I just called USCIS and they haven't received any mails under my name. so they suggested to wait for few weeks , if not, I have to start over again!...ahhhhh.

• 7 months later...
Timeline

How is everyone doing? just an update with my adjustment of status. Finally received my Welcome Letter on the mail for approved Adjustment of Status as well as the I-130 approved petition. God is great! after all the tension and waiting, my green card is on its way. I thank all the VJ's members for helping me out on this process. My husband and I didn't even have to hire a lawyer but only read all the input here. Wishing every body best of luck on their journey…We'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.