Scott & Kaye

I-129F Question #14?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am putting the final information together to file our I-129F but im stuck on question 14 below.

14. Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé or husband/ wife before? If, so provide a Alien Registration number for that person.

I married my ex wife 16yrs ago who came to the USA on a Visitor Visa and we ended up getting married and she stayed in the USA. We filed the proper paperwork and made her a citizen. I do not recall what process or papers we filed because it was 16yrs ago. Plus I do not know her Alien Registration number.

Do I answer question #14 as a NO or YES?

Im thinking NO because we did not file for a Alien Fiance because we just got married then filed papers after marriage.

Please help me clarify this so I don't make a mistake.

Thanks for assistance!!

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

you answer YES because you did file papers for her regardless of how long ago it was.

NOA1 received: July 30, 2013

Transferred: Jan 22, 2014 (time from NOA1 to Transfer: 5 months 3 weeks 2 days)

Touched: Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Alien reg. # changed: Jan 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Filed for expedite: Feb 5, 2014

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Answer "yes" as you did file and it said fiance or husband/wife. But don't stress; I had much more recent marriage to someone from overseas (married 2006 and divorced 2009) and I answered truthfully. I told them I did not know his A number but I gave his complete name. I explained our marriage ended in divorce and he voluntarily gave up his GC and returned to India. :)

Best of luck!

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am putting the final information together to file our I-129F but im stuck on question 14 below.

14. Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé or husband/ wife before? If, so provide a Alien Registration number for that person.

I married my ex wife 16yrs ago who came to the USA on a Visitor Visa and we ended up getting married and she stayed in the USA. We filed the proper paperwork and made her a citizen. I do not recall what process or papers we filed because it was 16yrs ago. Plus I do not know her Alien Registration number.

Do I answer question #14 as a NO or YES?

Im thinking NO because we did not file for a Alien Fiance because we just got married then filed papers after marriage.

Please help me clarify this so I don't make a mistake.

Thanks for assistance!!

The answer should be Yes. You would have filed a petition such as I-485 as that person who entered through a B1 and became your wife would have gone through a change in status. That change in status is your said petition for her. Your wife should know her number. If not then maybe what the other posts saying that you just have to give her name and explain is ok especially if you are not in contact with your ex wife. Hope this helps.

Timeline

The answer should be Yes. You would have filed a petition such as I-485 as that person who entered through a B1 and became your wife would have gone through a change in status. That change in status is your said petition for her. Your wife should know her number. If not then maybe what the other posts saying that you just have to give her name and explain is ok especially if you are not in contact with your ex wife. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the responses. Sounds like good information. Im just concerned about leaving the Alien Registration number off the form since I do not have that.

Hoping for a couple more Senior Member responses before I send it off?

Thanks for the help!

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

• 1 year later...
Timeline

i just wondered how did you get by the question #14. would the USCIS accept the answer unknwon with an explanation letter? hope to get a reply from this since we are having the same problem. thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.