NAM3

I-864- Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I am about to send the AOS package, just want to make sure about the I-864- Affidavit of Support.

My main sponser dones't have enough income so I have my mother-in-law as co-sponser. Do my sponser and co-sopnser have to support with last 3 years of Income tax return? or just the recent year from both is enough?

really appreciate for the options.

Love :D .

Send the application on 3/13/2010

Arrived on 3/15/2010

Cash Withdrawal 3/15/2010

USCIS Received the App undate on the UCIS portal 3/15/2010

NOA (I-797C) received 3/29/2010

Bio Metrics apprionmetn letter received 4/6/2010

Bio Metrics done 4/26/2010

Interview letter received 5/6/2010

Interview appt 6/10/2010

Oath ceremony appoinment letterreceived 7/13/2010

Oath 8/10/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I think that you need 3 years when main sponser income is insufficient and using a co-sponser.

I think that the 1 year is if you are just using the I864ezi

someone correct me if Im wrong.. I dont really know alot about the I864 and sponsers.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

It says on the I-864 form itself that you can send in only the previous year's returns. But you can also send returns for the last 3 years if you think that'll help prove your case. Don't forget the employment letter and paystubs. :)

12/02/06 (Saturday)- mailed I-130/AOS/EAD to CHI via express mail

12/04/06 (Monday)- Packet delivered to CHI/Receipt date in NOA1 (Day 1)

12/08/06 - Checks cashed (Day 4)

12/11/06 - Received NOA1/I-797C Notice (Day 7)

12/14/06 - Touched: I-130/AOS/EAD (Day 10)

12/18/06 - Touched: I-130/EAD (Day 14)/ Received Biometrics Letter

12/19/06 - Touched: I-130/EAD (Day 15)

12/27/06 - Had Biometrics taken (Day 23)

12/28/06 - Touched: AOS/EAD (Day 24)

01/04/07 - Touched: AOS/EAD (Day 32)

01/22/07 - Received Interview Letter for March 8, 2007 (Day 50) (Thank you Lord!!!)

02/21/07 - Touched: I-130/AOS (Day 80)

02/22/07 - Touched EAD (Day 81)

02/26/07 - EAD approved as per email from CRIS (Day 85)--- Yay!!!

02/28/07 - EAD card ordered (Day 87)

03/02/07 - Received EAD

03/08/07 - Interview Day (Day 95)-- Approved! Whoohoo! Thank you Lord!!

03/09/07 - Email notice: "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03/13/07 - Email notice: "Card production ordered"

03/19/07 - Permanent Resident Card and "Welcome to America" notice received!!! Yahoo!!!

Jan 2009 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
kim&james,

Which causes one to wonder, why are you answering questions to which you know that you don't know the answer? (A rhetorical question, just something to think about.)

Yodrak

someone correct me if Im wrong.. I dont really know alot about the I864 and sponsers.

because no one else had answered this persons question and it was already at the bottom of the second page... perhaps i should have just bumped it but quite frankly if your not going to answer it either why bother posting?

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Timeline

kim&james,

In the circumstance that would be preferable to posting incorrect or misleading information.

Yodrak

kim&james,

Which causes one to wonder, why are you answering questions to which you know that you don't know the answer? (A rhetorical question, just something to think about.)

Yodrak

because no one else had answered this persons question and it was already at the bottom of the second page... perhaps i should have just bumped it .....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't see anything wrong with Kim's post. She offered some information WITH a disclaimer. Perhaps her suggestion that the difference lies within whether or not a cosponsor is used could prompt the OP to do some research along that route.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi All,

I am about to send the AOS package, just want to make sure about the I-864- Affidavit of Support.

My main sponser dones't have enough income so I have my mother-in-law as co-sponser. Do my sponser and co-sopnser have to support with last 3 years of Income tax return? or just the recent year from both is enough?

really appreciate for the options.

Love :D .

It quite clearly states on the form that you only require the most recent tax return. It also clearly states that it is (Optional) to send in the other 2 years worth.

That goes for primary sponsor and any co-sponsors for which there can be two of. :thumbs:

flag.gif

jenn,

She offered incorrect information with an admission that she did not know whether the information was correct or incorrect.

Incorrect information is bad enough when the poster believes it to be correct, it's inexcusable when the poster knows perfectly well that it may be incorrect.

Perhaps you do not mind being mis-informed when you ask a question, but I think that many people would object.

Yodrak

I don't see anything wrong with Kim's post. She offered some information WITH a disclaimer. ......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

WELL SAID WELL PUT AND THE MOST VALUABLE INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE ENTIRE POST MORE SHOULD THINK IN THIS WAY

may 2 sent i 129 f to ins calif srvc cntr in laguna niguel

may 15 received receipt or noa 1

may 17 touched

june 28 r.f.e./imbra

august 08 sent rfe back to uscis

august 17 e mail notification of receipt for imbra rfe <107 days>

sept 11 e mail noa 2 approved <132 days>

sept 25 sent from uscis to nvc

oct 2 nvc received/new number assigned

oct 4 sent to embassy in juarez mexico

oct 20 embassy sent packet to fiancee

nov 1 us citizen received packet from consulate

dec 5 interview and got visa

dec 7 coming to calif

Timeline
jenn,

She offered incorrect information with an admission that she did not know whether the information was correct or incorrect.

Incorrect information is bad enough when the poster believes it to be correct, it's inexcusable when the poster knows perfectly well that it may be incorrect.

Perhaps you do not mind being mis-informed when you ask a question, but I think that many people would object.

Yodrak

I don't see anything wrong with Kim's post. She offered some information WITH a disclaimer. ......

If I ask someone what time it is and they say, "I think it's around 12:00, but I could be wrong." I tend not to respond, "If you didn't know what time it was, it was inexcusable to answer my question with an estimate." I guess you do.

I think you're very quick to reprimand people that may not have the wealth of knowledge you do. Perhaps you should be the only one answering questions around here.

jenn,

I am quick to correct misinformation. I don't want people to be mislead and possibly hurt by it.

There are a lot of VJers who provide very good information, including Kim and yourself. But that does not mean that when a VJer - any VJer, including myself - provides bad information it should not be corrected.

Yodrak

jenn,

Yodrak

I think you're very quick to reprimand people that may not have the wealth of knowledge you do. Perhaps you should be the only one answering questions around here.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Yes, of course, bad information should be corrected, just as kim&james requested someone do in her original post.

Different perspectives....

I think the OP got the information he was looking for, so it's all good.

I'll avoid the drama and give you some advice I do know is helpful :P Yes, it says you may only send the last year and the last 3 are optional. However, MANY people on VJ have been getting RFE's in regards to their I-864. A lot of these ask for tax returns/transcripts/employer letter/paystub, etc. So, for your own sake I would send in every single tiny bit of information they say you may send it, not just what they say you have to. Also, don't forget proof of citizenship for your sponsor (we missed it, just in case you did too). You may still get an RFE, a lot did, but it doesn't hurt to try to head things off now.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.