lela357

Senate Member HELP!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so my fiancé was approved at the Kingston embassy on AUG. 30th. Today is 90 days of waiting for them to process the last papers they requested. Who do we contact to get this thing rolling? We have our wedding date for Fed 1st. a lot is riding on this getting complete. Does anyone have a template on what to send to a senate member?! Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate Thread Removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. your senate member has several offices. call around, find out where the immigration liason staffer works. Then make note of the name.

2. call into that office, asking for that human, by name. Once you get the human, ask them for their email address and fax number. Then explain a bit about who you are, what you need their help with, and let them know the privacy release form is coming in to them later in the day.

3. get the privacy release form from that senate member's website. print to pdf if it's not already a pdf file, fill it out, print to paper, sign it, then scan it back in with the signataure.

4. prep a letter, listing the assistance you're chasing after, along with the casefile # and bio data on the two of you. print it out to paper, sign it, scan it again to pdf.

5. send an email or fax with that privacy release form and your letter into the ILS human.

6. call the ILS human about an hour after sending, tell them the stuff is there, and then maybe you two can start the real conversation about the casefile.

That's it, that's the short version.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so my fiancé was approved at the Kingston embassy on AUG. 30th. Today is 90 days of waiting for them to process the last papers they requested. Who do we contact to get this thing rolling? We have our wedding date for Fed 1st. a lot is riding on this getting complete. Does anyone have a template on what to send to a senate member?! Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

I agree with everything that Darnel said. Our file started moving a week after the senator contacted the embassy, so I think it is worth a shot. All the best and our prayers are with you both.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

im sorry i dont have what i sent, but it was VERY short.. maybe 3 sentences just explaining to them our dilemma, giving case numbers, dates etc. and asking for assistance.

My senator sent me a letter stating that the embassy has no timeframe for AP and that he was assured it would be completed in a timely manner HOWEVER a few days later I received word from embassy to have my stepson bring his passport in to get the visa issued..

so it may seem like it wont help, but it will get somebody moving if your case has just been forgotten like i believe mine was

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thank you!! I called and they wrote down my info today... I just got a call from a case worker at my senators office and she said she is calling the liaison in Kingston to see what info she can get!!! THANK GOD for something! so I pray something happens soon. Feb. 1st is suppose to be out big day!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yo Yo Yo - What news ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.