Jump to content

Permenant address while traveling abroad


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada


I have a question regarding the address section on G-325A form.

I am the beneficiary, and I studied overseas for 5 months in my last year of studies (from Jan to May). I traveled to different countries once I was finished with my program. I returned to Canada (my home country) in September, after 4 months of traveling.

While I was traveling, I used a Canadian address as my permanent address, where my spouse was living by himself. I moved in with my spouse when I came back to Canada in September.

So my question is,

- Should I write dates for my permanent address as: "Jun - Present?" (Even though I was technically not present in Canada, during June to Sep)

- Or, should I leave "Jun - Sep" blank? If so, should I attach a page with an explanation and try to include my temporary addresses while I was traveling?

- Also, which month should I write for form I-130, "If filing for your spouse, give last address at which you lived together"?

Thanks so much for your help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Lindsay1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you used your Canadian address as your permanent address then put that down as your address. It's not asking for temporary addresses.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...