highlander08

how have your RUB wifes changed if any since coming here

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Re: Moscow vs. other areas. When I forswore American chicas (on 1 April 2006, no foolin'), I corresponded fruitfully with the chief of a matchmaking agency for Siberian chicas. During the communication, he said that Siberian chicas tended to be more real and less materialistic than Muscovite chicas and others from the western cities. Had the cost, distance, and language-barrier factors not scared me off, I'd have considered investigating that route.

Is his statement fairly true about Siberian chicas?

I knew nothing about the women before the first day I arrived in Ukraine. April 12, 2004. Only that a guy in the office had asked me if I was "the guy they hired for Odessa?" When I said YES, he asked if I was married. "No, divorced" Oh, you're going to LOVE Odessa! Hmmmm.

When I arrived at the Odessa airport, which appeared to be older than any powered aircraft, and they released the cocker spaniels to run all over the pile of luggage on the tractor pulled wagon. I wasn't sure if they were sniffing for drugs or a place to pee. We were then allowed to retrieve our own bags off the wagon. Oh no.

When I went inside the terminal I was shocked. In this basketball court sized room were more smoking hot women than in all of Chittenden County!

Oh yes!

Then I met Vitaly, my driver and interpreter. We became good freinds and still are. I asked about the women..."Holy smokes, Vitaly!" "There are about 800,000 more in the city" he said. A slight exaggeration. There are probably not more than 500,000 hot women in Odessa. rofl.gif

The streets were broken and rough the buildings looked not so great (none of the old Soviet apartment buildings look nice on the outside) Oh no, what did I do? We got to my building. The hallway was dark and dirty, wires hung out of every electrical box, every mailbox was broken and had no doors. Oh no...WHAT DID I DO???????!!!!!!!!!!! And this was in a GOOD area right on the main street, across from the city garden with the musical fountain! I wanted to quit the job and ask Vitaly to take me back to the airport! Then we opened the door to the apartment and it was incredible! Beautiful! It was a loft with an upstairs bedroom, a huge bathroom with HUGE whirlpool tub, a fireplace in the living room (real wood burning fireplace! I was afraid to use because I could not figure out where the chimney went. I was sure to die of smoke inhalation, I thought) and was modern in every way...even had its own wall mounted water heater so I did not depend on the intermittent building hot water.

OMG! I found this is typical of Ukraine. old buildings look like ####### on the outside but the people have fixed up their places inside. Ignore what you see outside.

I went for a walk in the city garden, stopped at a sidewalk cafe and ended up spending the night, um... not alone my first night there! Um, yeah, it was about 7 hours after I arrived that I had the same epiphany, TBone! No more American women for me! I remember my companion that evening, was taken by the apartment and walked around the place saying how great it was, then decided she wanted to try out the whirlpool tub and just stripped off and jumped in, telling me to turn on the water and get in with her! OK. This was done with broken English and hand gestures...but I got it! I got it!

Oh yes, I am going to like Odessa! rofl.gif

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Don't think that you've ever told that full story, G. Three thumbs up!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

OMG I was a total babe in the woods! Even when I asked Alla to marry me I had no clue about visas and such.

I ran across plenty of "scammers" at least to the point that they would accept all my offers of food, drinks, clubs, dancing...even call in some friends...and then "Thank you Goodbye" OK, so what? I had a good time with a table full of hot Ukrainian chicas, who am I to complain? But I can assure you not all women in Ukraine want to be your wife, a mother and caretaker. Some just want to be "arm candy" until you are done paying for stuff. I bet it could happen here. rofl.gif

But there ARE a higher percentage of women, at least of the age that interests me for more than one-nighters, that really do want a traditional family and a traditional husband.

I always had fun with the questions...

"Where you from in America?"

Vermont

huh.png

Vermont

"Is it in Kalifornia?"

No, Vermont, it is a state

huh.png

Near New York

"OHHHHHHHH! DA! New York, New York. WOW! Vermont is in New York!"

yes.gif

No worse than when Alla comes here and someone says...

"Where are you from?"

Ukraine

"Oh....I have never been to Africa, is it nice?"

alien.gif

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I will say this. We live here because it is generally a better and easier place to live. The women...or men...get accustomed to a different level of life, as I am sure your wife did, Tbone. We are blessed in that the AVERAGE American has a much easier life than the AVERAGE Ukrainian, more conveniences. "A machine for everything" as Alla once said. It is not that they do not have weedeaters and electric can openers in Ukraine...or dishwashers or clothes "drying machines" or even fancy toilets...they have all those things and you can buy them in many stores. But the AVERAGE Ukrainian cannot afford them. But the AVERAGE Ukrainian flat is much nicer than many Americans might think.

Ukraine has a lot of texture. I love it. I love being there, I love the people who are far more friendly and accomodating than the stern street appearance would lead you to believe. They are not phoney. There is no facetious "Hi! How are you?" Nonsense. But the infrastructure is in poor condition, the sidewalks are rougher than trails in the Green Mountains. Sidewalks are broken, streets are broken, trams are old and rusty and squeel like nails on the chalkboard when they go around curves. Places are closed when they should be open, open when they should be closed. Everyone at every level takes bribes for everything. There is some incredibly beautiful architecture, fascinating history...much of it difficult to look at. Deep respect for important stuff. You walk on crumbled sidewalks to a stunning, beautiful Opera house and see an incredible show with the best seats costing $12

There are more contrasts in one block than you see in an entire city here. I have never taken photos of the "bad stuff". I am not going to bring back photos of the hallway in our building, or the open electrical boxes. The broken mailboxes or the "squat toilets" still in many public toilets. The subways are pretty damn impressive. Kiev and Kharkov have nice new airports. They have hi-speed trains now...THAT is an experience!

It is still the best adventure of my life and I look forward to being there for New Years!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

1. The women...or men...get accustomed to a different level of life, as I am sure your wife did, Tbone.

2. It is still the best adventure of my life and I look forward to being there for New Years!

1. She did, si man. When she visited Ecu for the first time since having emigrated, she was wild to return, and wanted 7 weeks there. At midpoint, she called me and sadly said that she wanted to come home. She wouldn't explain why. I brought her back when I went down there for the last week-plus.

Her request, I thought, was because her friends had moved on with their lives and she didn't fit in the same way any longer. This was partially true, si man. However, long afterwards, she said that it was because she missed the U.S. (!): "When all you have is a cheap motel, you stay there and are satisfied. When you have a fancy hotel, then you know the difference, and the cheap motel isn't the same." (Ecu is firmly a third-world country -- a very nice one, a little better than a cheap motel -- but I understand Mrs. T-B.'s analogy.) Once, she was blind, but now she can si, man!

2. You would be an excellent tour guide and should earn some extra bucks that way, $i man!

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Howdy fellas...long time no see...just had that random urge to do a drive-by of the RUB. Good to see some familiar faces! How have you all been?! Anyone stirred up the other forums lately? That used to get me through some long days...highly entertaining stuff. Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Festivus, etc.to all of you.

Edited by LvivLovers

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

You've been missed, dude!

Timeline

1. She did, si man. When she visited Ecu for the first time since having emigrated, she was wild to return, and wanted 7 weeks there. At midpoint, she called me and sadly said that she wanted to come home. She wouldn't explain why. I brought her back when I went down there for the last week-plus.

Her request, I thought, was because her friends had moved on with their lives and she didn't fit in the same way any longer. This was partially true, si man. However, long afterwards, she said that it was because she missed the U.S. (!): "When all you have is a cheap motel, you stay there and are satisfied. When you have a fancy hotel, then you know the difference, and the cheap motel isn't the same." (Ecu is firmly a third-world country -- a very nice one, a little better than a cheap motel -- but I understand Mrs. T-B.'s analogy.) Once, she was blind, but now she can si, man!

2. You would be an excellent tour guide and should earn some extra bucks that way, $i man!

Yep! same here

First year she went back to Ukraine for two months. Couldn't wait to go. She said when she came back she was "ready to come back"

The next year she planned to stay for a month. 3 weeks in she was complaining about how hot it was, missing her car, public transport yada yada.

The next year she planned to stay 3 weeks, started whining the first day...internet not working, no hot water, trams "stink", it is too hot in the apartment, it is too far to walk to the market, too many stairs to carry groceries, everything is broken, everything is dirty, there is trash everywhere, "why don't they do something about all these wild dogs?"

This year, we did a lot of stuff together and made some side trips to other places and she got to use her US passport ("I love it, I wave the passport at them and they let me in!") and we had a great time with our friends in Kharkov. Now she is really anxious to leave (next Saturday!) and is talking to her friend every day...but we are only going for 2 weeks and we will spend 3 days in Vienna coming back, and it will be New Year's (her favorite holiday) Your wife is going to enjoy that also, TBone. I think for Alla it is the Number 1 best benefit of US citizenship. Being able to eat at a nice cafe in VIENNA< AUSTRIA without a visa! Without being questioned about WHY she wants to eat at a cafe in Vienna and why can't she just eat at an Austrian cafe in Kiev? "Ukainians are treated like poisonous reptiles, Americans are treated like 'welcome, come, spend money! Then go home'"

But the best indicator is that when she initially left Ukraine for the US she said she felt like she was "leaving home" Now she says it feels like she is "going home" when she leaves Ukraine

I think now I want to go to Ukraine more than she does and I seriously doubt we will be retiring there or spending more than a few weeks every year there. The boys say they will definitely live in the USA and definitely marry Russian/Ukrainian women. Sergey pointed out that an average Russian or Ukrainian could never imagine OWNING a home of the type the average American owns. He and his girlfriend have their own apartment in Houston , as students, and live much better than the average Ukrainian/Russian couple who work 60 hours per week! The credit situation there simply does not allow it, it is even difficult to buy a car. The credit situation is better than it was...more available, but still nothing like it is here.

The US is a tough place to beat if you are stuck with being "average" we also have the wealthiest poor people in the world! I assure you, you do NOT want to be poor, old and sick in Ukraine! Poor people in Ukraine have no issues with obesity (are you kidding!?), they do not have cell phones with internet, plasma TVs, warm apartments and homes, cars, or good clothes.

Howdy fellas...long time no see...just had that random urge to do a drive-by of the RUB. Good to see some familiar faces! How have you all been?! Anyone stirred up the other forums lately? That used to get me through some long days...highly entertaining stuff. Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Festivus, etc.to all of you.

How are the childrens? Are you guys popping out any more?

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone, Thanks for all your helpful replies.. I'm learning a lot.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I would like to wish everyone a very Happy and abundant New Year too !

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello to everyone, I am new hear on VJ, and wish I had found it earlier. Just a brief history. I met a wonderful lady from Russia in the city of Krasnoyarsk in early 2912. I have been there twice so far, but unfortunately she was not able to get a visitor visa to visit me here. On my last visit we decided that we would follow the K1 route as based on our relationship this seemed the best option since we both decided we wanted to share our life with each other. Well now with the K1 approved (NOA2 received December 3) and us just waiting for the transfer to Moscow, we have started discussing the future more and more here in Michigan.

Based on that, this topic has been very helpful. I think her biggest fear is that fact that she will have to start driving again. She told me that she once drove a lot back in the eighties, but now relies on buses and trains to get around. I told her not to worry, we will practice a lot and she is already reading the information the Michigan SOS makes available on the web. Beyond that, we both share the same values with family and friends, and have many of the same interests. I have been trying to learn Russian with some success, but thankfully she speaks excellent English as she is an English teacher in her home town.

My biggest question I have is how to I make her transition as smooth as possible? I know she is making the biggest change to her life moving halfway around the world, and she is very close to her family. I have introduced her to many of my family and friends via Skype and integrated her into as much of my life as possible considering the distance.

Anyway, this topic has helped immensely, but if anyone has any additional ideas I am happy to hear them.

Thanks.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi newbie, Welcome to one of the best sites in the world !!! it sounds like you are a lucky man. it also sounds like you are doing a good job of helping her feel at home here.

many people discuss a variety of things but not much is really said about all the hard work involved in helping her feel at home here and adjusting to a new life here after giving up everything for a chance at true love.

I wish you a very successful life together.....

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife arrived here in Oct. 2006. She's from a small city (Amursk) in the Russian Far East. She spent lots of time in Vlad/Khab and traveled to China, Japan and Korea so she wasn't exactly a "village girl" when she came here. She was pretty well versed in city life and how things worked. She was also familiar with Western Culture and was disappointed that Cincinnati was a sad midwestern town and not New York or Chicago and that we didn't live in a big mansion.

She was hit pretty hard by the reality of not having enough money to pay all of our bills on time and still have enough left over to shop, drink coffee and hang out with friends. (She thought that was HER job.) Simply put, she was pretty unhappy when she got here, especially when she had to start working in order to have spending money. With limited English skills and no documentation of degrees/certifications/training, etc., she was relegated to working in food service for minimum wage.

Fast forward several years and she's almost done with her AA in graphic design and co-oping with a big company downtown. She drives her car (still takes the bus if she's planning on doing happy hour after work) and has her own credit cards, pays her own bills, etc. She gets to hang out with friends whenever she wants and drinks coffee if it suits her. We're still in Cincinnati but she's making plans to buy that mansion soon.

We were 27/26 when we got married. I tried to explain to her in America you're not really "rich" until you're 40 or so. At 34 now, we're just about there and she's starting to see the light. She was pretty disappointed in me for not being the sugar daddy she thought she deserved and she actively sought him out after arrival. A few years (and a few pounds - nothing major, just the "freshman fifteen" that took about five years or so to accumulate) later, she's coming around to the idea of being married for the long haul and building wealth together. She enjoys "unlimited luxury" but I'm a blue collar factory worker and anything luxurious she pursues is going to have to be on her own. She's starting to wrap her head around the idea of that big mansion being something we both have to pay for by working hard for the next 30 years.

She realizes my value to her is not short term luxury but long term stability. That took a while to figure out. I wish I could've shown her that before she got here.

Other than that, she's still "different" from the girls here and it's obvious wherever we go. She likes to look different, sounds different, and just conducts herself in that lady-like manner RUB women are known for. She's still the hottest woman in any room and knows it. But she's realizing that trick isn't going to work forever and she's doing what she can to shore up her long term chances for success. If anything that's helped her "settle" for me instead of aiming higher. In the process she gives me less $#!t about it. I still catch the dermo rants (even in public) but they're less frequent.

Here at home she cooks less but our house usually smells like garlic or fish or some other horribly inedible heathen concoction. The drawers and cabinets are still left open, the bags are unsealed, the pots are still in the refrigerator. The other day... she made meatloaf!

She wears yoga pants to run errands. She wears shoes without heels when in public. She can be seen, at times, without makeup.

She still doesn't want kids but she's close to her mom and sister back home via skype several times a week. A few friends too.

There are some very Russian qualities that are still around. She will not put her private information out there on public forums like facebook and she doesn't talk to strangers about our business. We watch FX's "The Americans" and I giggle whenever the girl gets all Russian. My wife just kind of smacks me and says, "See. It's Soviet Union make for you training like zis. You must be do."

We're still in the transitional phase but the change is happening. She's still very Russian but she's becoming more and more American every year.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

. Being able to eat at a nice cafe in VIENNA< AUSTRIA without a visa! Without being questioned about WHY she wants to eat at a cafe in Vienna and why can't she just eat at an Austrian cafe in Kiev? "Ukainians are treated like poisonous reptiles, Americans are treated like 'welcome, come, spend money! Then go home'" - hmmmmm first time hear that Ukrainians are treated like reptiles.......I am in EU zone often and been in many countries, never been treated bad or with some lack of respect, for Ukrainian it´s not a problem anymore to travel EU or any other destination (as far if he-she earns good, speaks well languages etc.) Any way, personally me, consider Europe fine and nice, but Ukraine is not far from Europe in sense of entretainment, places to go, especially stylish life (lounge cafes, bars, good restaurants etc.) and yes when i mention this i compare it with Kiev (where i have blessing to live) and western part of Ukraine, that is wayyyyy cleaner and nicer than (UNFORTUNATELY!!!!) Crimea, South of Ukraine and East....and I do understand that living in Kiev can not be compared with living for example with Zaporozhje etc....but still.....it all depends of many factors: region, culture of people, respect towards facilities they have, incomes in the region etc. And few more things i say are shocking for foreigners who come to Kiev: 1. Prices for eating outside in really fine restaurants (starting from 500 hryvnias and up!) middle check may be around 700 UAH per person....2. Cars in Kiev....especially in the city center during a week, my friends from Europe ¨flipan¨( in spanish) or so to say ¨surprised¨ by Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Maybachs, Ferrari etc....and I was surprised myself by seeing more of this things in Lviv this fall ! I say Ukraine is quite shocking in some way, cos we have a big gap between rich and poor (almost no middle class in classic understanding of this word).....again......unfortunately for now...BUT I LOVE MY COUNTRY cos we are really the way as u described (about no fake ¨Hi how are u¨, if we talk we are really interested, we are very involved in family, friendship and all what is related to human part of social behaviour.

The credit situation is better than it was...more available, but still nothing like it is here. - Agree with this one, but with one BUT: people here know how to save up money and not be that much involved with bank credits (that rip u for sure), people i know own apartments in Kiev and suburbs without any creadits and all thanks to working hard, saving maximum and BIG THANKS TO SOVIET PAST THAT TOUGHT US TO DO SO! I consider ability to save up as a big advantage that we have, cos in EU most of couples have credits and not able to pay them back....and are left with nothing cos were not familiar with ¨saving system¨. I bet ur wife knows how to move and save up in details (that may be unsignificant for you) but at the end of month-year come up with quite good total saving...

The US is a tough place to beat if you are stuck with being "average" we also have the wealthiest poor people in the world! I assure you, you do NOT want to be poor, old and sick in Ukraine! Poor people in Ukraine have no issues with obesity (are you kidding!?), they do not have cell phones with internet, plasma TVs, warm apartments and homes, cars, or good clothes. - Again mine BUT: what regions we talk about, what is the status of those soooo damly pooor people without house, cell phone and plasma? Again, i bet in US there are plenty of druggy, homeless, or simply lazy people that live the same.....As i said: it all depends and we have extreemes, but those extreemes are region related as in any part of the world. About medicine in Ukraine: yes state hospitals are horrible outside, BUT! our doctors without having access to those equipments that you have, save lifes with their hands, and their knowledge (personally know plenty of USC and Europeans who come to Ukraine cos in their own countries doctors have no clue what is wrong with them and in Ukraine they recieve treatment and get well, or doctors try to put in them unnesessary meds cos it´s easier than to keep on searching what is wrong).

Sorry for my 5 ¨kopiykas¨, I do understand from your posts that you enjoy being here, but decided to give you an overview from another point as far as i am living here all my life, but also am travelling a lot for work and pleasure, and also may compare some regions or continents....It´s just we do have problems and all know about them, but it´s all double standars in this life, cos I may also compare Ukraine with India.......and this will be also a big extreeme and not correct cos Asia is Asia, Europe is Europe..... Again.......sorry for ¨THE OFF TOPIC¨

K-1 timeline:

11-07-2013 - I-129F form sent ---> 11-15-2013 - NOA1 - e-mail received, transferred to California Service Center.

11-20-2013 - Alien registration number changed.

11-22-2013 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

12-13-2013 - NOA2 approval notification ---> 12-20-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy

01-08-2014 - NVC recieved ---->01-09-2014 - NVC left

01-13-2014 - Consulate recieved ----> 01-14-2014 - E-mail from the Consulate

01-16-2014 - NVC letter hardcopy ----> 01-23-2014- Medical done

02-18-2014- Interview (Approved) ----> 02-20-2014- Visa issued ----> 02-24-2014- Visa in hand

03-02-2014- US entry --->03-20-2014 - Social Security Number recieved --->04-24-2014 - Wedding

AOS timeline:

05-13-2014 - AOS package sent ---> 05-21-2014- NOA1 - e-mail received

05-24-2014 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

06-03-2014 - Biometrics appointment letter (for June 13)

06-12-2014 - USCIS web status for RFE

06-13-2014 - Biometrics done

06-16-2014 - RFE hardcopy in mail ---> 06-18-2014 - RFE answer sent by mail ---> 06-20-2014 - RFE delivered

08-05-2014 - EAD/ AP - APPROVED!!!! ---> 08-13-2014 - EAD/AP card delivered

09-05-2014 - InfoPass due to RFE and SSN (RFE delievered June 23 to NBC).

10-17-2014 - SSN recieved on married name ---> 12-12-2014 - update on USCIS web (RFE received on June 23), the case could not be tracked

02-17-2015 - GC approved (no interview) ---> 02-26-2015 - GC RECEIVED

08-13-2016 - address change via web --->09-13-2016 - Address change via mail (web failed to change correctly) --->10-06-2016 - Address change of sponsor

ROC:

11-21-2016 - package sent to CSC ---> 11-22-2016 - package delivered to CSC ---> 11-25-2016 - check cashed--->11-28-2016- NOA1 (dated 11/22/16) --->12-20-2016 -Biometrics appointment

07-18-2017-address change-> 05-10-2018 - GC Approved

N-400:

02-15-18 - Applied -> 03-09-18 - Bio app-> 04-04-18-interview notice-> 05-09-18-interview->05-10-18 - approved -> 06-07-18 - Oath appt notice -> 06-27-18 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

. Being able to eat at a nice cafe in VIENNA< AUSTRIA without a visa! Without being questioned about WHY she wants to eat at a cafe in Vienna and why can't she just eat at an Austrian cafe in Kiev? "Ukainians are treated like poisonous reptiles, Americans are treated like 'welcome, come, spend money! Then go home'" - hmmmmm first time hear that Ukrainians are treated like reptiles.......I am in EU zone often and been in many countries, never been treated bad or with some lack of respect, for Ukrainian it´s not a problem anymore to travel EU or any other destination (as far if he-she earns good, speaks well languages etc.) Any way, personally me, consider Europe fine and nice, but Ukraine is not far from Europe in sense of entretainment, places to go, especially stylish life (lounge cafes, bars, good restaurants etc.) and yes when i mention this i compare it with Kiev (where i have blessing to live) and western part of Ukraine, that is wayyyyy cleaner and nicer than (UNFORTUNATELY!!!!) Crimea, South of Ukraine and East....and I do understand that living in Kiev can not be compared with living for example with Zaporozhje etc....but still.....it all depends of many factors: region, culture of people, respect towards facilities they have, incomes in the region etc. And few more things i say are shocking for foreigners who come to Kiev: 1. Prices for eating outside in really fine restaurants (starting from 500 hryvnias and up!) middle check may be around 700 UAH per person....2. Cars in Kiev....especially in the city center during a week, my friends from Europe ¨flipan¨( in spanish) or so to say ¨surprised¨ by Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Maybachs, Ferrari etc....and I was surprised myself by seeing more of this things in Lviv this fall ! I say Ukraine is quite shocking in some way, cos we have a big gap between rich and poor (almost no middle class in classic understanding of this word).....again......unfortunately for now...BUT I LOVE MY COUNTRY cos we are really the way as u described (about no fake ¨Hi how are u¨, if we talk we are really interested, we are very involved in family, friendship and all what is related to human part of social behaviour.

The credit situation is better than it was...more available, but still nothing like it is here. - Agree with this one, but with one BUT: people here know how to save up money and not be that much involved with bank credits (that rip u for sure), people i know own apartments in Kiev and suburbs without any creadits and all thanks to working hard, saving maximum and BIG THANKS TO SOVIET PAST THAT TOUGHT US TO DO SO! I consider ability to save up as a big advantage that we have, cos in EU most of couples have credits and not able to pay them back....and are left with nothing cos were not familiar with ¨saving system¨. I bet ur wife knows how to move and save up in details (that may be unsignificant for you) but at the end of month-year come up with quite good total saving...

The US is a tough place to beat if you are stuck with being "average" we also have the wealthiest poor people in the world! I assure you, you do NOT want to be poor, old and sick in Ukraine! Poor people in Ukraine have no issues with obesity (are you kidding!?), they do not have cell phones with internet, plasma TVs, warm apartments and homes, cars, or good clothes. - Again mine BUT: what regions we talk about, what is the status of those soooo damly pooor people without house, cell phone and plasma? Again, i bet in US there are plenty of druggy, homeless, or simply lazy people that live the same.....As i said: it all depends and we have extreemes, but those extreemes are region related as in any part of the world. About medicine in Ukraine: yes state hospitals are horrible outside, BUT! our doctors without having access to those equipments that you have, save lifes with their hands, and their knowledge (personally know plenty of USC and Europeans who come to Ukraine cos in their own countries doctors have no clue what is wrong with them and in Ukraine they recieve treatment and get well, or doctors try to put in them unnesessary meds cos it´s easier than to keep on searching what is wrong).

Sorry for my 5 ¨kopiykas¨, I do understand from your posts that you enjoy being here, but decided to give you an overview from another point as far as i am living here all my life, but also am travelling a lot for work and pleasure, and also may compare some regions or continents....It´s just we do have problems and all know about them, but it´s all double standars in this life, cos I may also compare Ukraine with India.......and this will be also a big extreeme and not correct cos Asia is Asia, Europe is Europe..... Again.......sorry for ¨THE OFF TOPIC¨

You are not off topic at all

The comment about "reptiles" was Alla's not mine. A lifelong resident of Donetsk. Have you ever applied for a visa to visit the USA? I cannot tell you the exact situation as it stands today since it has not been an issue for us for 6 years and things have changed a bit, but most Ukrainians were rejected out of hand at both US and EU consulates for visitor visas. Alla was flatly denied EU and US visas for her job and so was our son's girlfriend. Having been to the EU and back would greatly increase your chances for being issued a US visitor visa, but there are still far more rejected than approved. We just spent 3 days in Vienna, actually 2 days since we "popped over" to Bratislava for a day. Why not? 15 Euros each way and no visa problems

In the US druggy and lazy people are obese from eating junk food purchased with food stamps. have the best medical care in the country (medicaid covers EVERYTHING, even a free taxi to the doctor) and, in my state, receive the equivilent of $44,000 US DOLLARS per year...PLUS free government provided drugs if they are addicted (methodone) and a free cab ride to the clinic to get their drugs. Yeah, no kidding.

I LOVE Ukraine, we got back yesterday from Kharkov. I LOVE going to Ukraine. But to be honest most of Kharkov is a slum by US standards. And it looks just like Donetsk. And Kiev (outside of the city center) Our good friends, both professionals, work very hard to have a very nice 2 room apartment in a Soviet era house...you know the ones, there are about 20 million of them in Ukraine. Everything outside is dirty, the sidewalks are broken, the streets are broken, every electrical box in Ukraine has wires hanging out of it, the hallways are dim and dirty...but the apartment inside is very nice and the people are wonderful. You will see that Americans are much more concerned with what is outside. Ukrainians with what is inside. Our friends have degrees and work very hard and long hours and could never imagine buying TWO plane tickets to visit the United States. We have visited Ukraine twice in 4 months and Alla is not even working, she is currently back in school again. And we are average by any means. We are going back again in April (to Donetsk) and probably for the summer.

I went to the incredibly nice and new Historical Museum in Kharkov, but outside on the steps had to pass by a wild dog with one bad foot tearing into some sort of animal for food. Probably a squirrel that had been hit by a car.

I do not wish to say bad things about Ukraine, I love Ukraine. I love the people and the history and there are such incredible sights I am fascinated every moment I am there. Our sons have the choice of living here or Ukraine and both choose to live here. Sergey had an offer for a fully paid scholarship at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology...he got his masters degree there, and chose to get his doctorate in the US because he will live here and wanted part of his education to be from a US university.

Please never take anything I say as a slam on Ukraine, but it is the opinion of our whole family that the US is a better place to live for average people.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.