kdude1

Got everything for packet 3.. not sure what to do next

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm a little confused by all the paper work.

I have my police check, health check and birth certificate. I've filled out ds-156, ds-156k, ds-157, and the readiness to be interviewed checklist is complete. My fiancee has filled out her I-134 (I will need a co-sponsor.. do I bring the co-sponsors documents to the interview or send them off with everything else before the interview?

Do I just post all of this to the embassy? Or do I need to fill out some sort of online application/form before that?

Thanks.

Edited by kdude1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moving from K~1 Process to Australia/New Zealand Regional Forum~

~Requirements may be embassy/consulate at this stage of process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance is in Vietnam. I also have a co-sponsor. We are waiting for our interview date 90 days now.

All of your paperwork, and copies, should be bound and organized in the order that they are given in the requirements for interview statement in the letter you received for the interview. All those papers go with you to the interview to be reviewed at the interview by the officer.

Only send the documents to the consulate that are required to schedule the interview.

I advise you to pay a conceltation fee to an immagration attorney who can advise you as to what to include, in what order to do it, and what will be needed there. Prepare yourself to make a packet of at least 100 pages of stuff including a table of contents, and opening letter. If there are any kids involved, everthing must be duplicated for them in a separate package.

Keep all the papers and copies in the package that the officer will review and they will keep. Put all originals in a separate folder, you will keep those after the interview.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.