Cam&jada

Travel to Bohol and surrounding areas?

17 posts in this topic

I have been trying to research online, but haven't had much luck with finding some concrete information. And I understand why, since there are so many things going on with the horrible typhoon and earthquake. But I wanted to see if anyone has some insight on what travel to Bohol in the next month would be like? Is it advisable to go or would it be a very bad idea? What advice would any of you have regarding it? I would be down in the Southern part, and am not familiar with it at all, so I don't know the conditions of places to stay would be, places to go, etc. Would it even be good to go because the people need visitors to come and help the economy get going again, or is the timing bad for that right now?

Thanks ahead of time for your input. I hope to hear positive things with how things are there considering all that has happened.

I have been trying to research online, but haven't had much luck with finding some concrete information. And I understand why, since there are so many things going on with the horrible typhoon and earthquake. But I wanted to see if anyone has some insight on what travel to Bohol in the next month would be like? Is it advisable to go or would it be a very bad idea? What advice would any of you have regarding it? I would be down in the Southern part, and am not familiar with it at all, so I don't know the conditions of places to stay would be, places to go, etc. Would it even be good to go because the people need visitors to come and help the economy get going again, or is the timing bad for that right now?

Thanks ahead of time for your input. I hope to hear positive things with how things are there considering all that has happened.

There are thousands of residents there that are now homeless. While it would be nice to contribute financially I would not recommend going there at this time. My wifes girlfriend lives there and it is bad. If you go somewhere up north I recommend staying out of Manila because almost everyone there is looking to rip off foreigners. Even if you are in company of a Filipina. I enjoy Batangas and Subic but they don't have the beaches like Bohol.

Good Luck

There are thousands of residents there that are now homeless. While it would be nice to contribute financially I would not recommend going there at this time. My wifes girlfriend lives there and it is bad. If you go somewhere up north I recommend staying out of Manila because almost everyone there is looking to rip off foreigners. Even if you are in company of a Filipina. I enjoy Batangas and Subic but they don't have the beaches like Bohol.

Good Luck

There is nothing wrong with Manila. I was there after I was able to leave Coron after the typhoon, no problems whatsoever.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

There is nothing wrong with Manila. I was there after I was able to leave Coron after the typhoon, no problems whatsoever.

I was not referring to Manila. I was referring to Bohol. That was what the op was asking about.

I also agree, there is nothing wrong with Manila or Makati even for a Kano like me! wink.png

Well Hank, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. IMHO Manilia sucks. Pollution, crowded, noisy, hucksters at every corner, cab drivers almost always refuse to turn meter on...even my wife who is born and raised in Cebu said she would never go back to Manila if it were up to her. Give me Cebu any day.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well Hank, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. IMHO Manilia sucks. Pollution, crowded, noisy, hucksters at every corner, cab drivers almost always refuse to turn meter on...even my wife who is born and raised in Cebu said she would never go back to Manila if it were up to her. Give me Cebu any day.

Oh it's noisy, polluted (for sure) but I have never had issue with hucksters or cab drivers. For extended stays it would not be my choice at all.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I was not referring to Manila. I was referring to Bohol. That was what the op was asking about.

You were referring to Bohol at first, and mentioned to stay away from Manila...

Good Luck

I was simply stating that there is nothing wrong with Manila, as I never had any problems with staying there.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Try travelling up north. Ilocos Norte got good beaches too and other tourist attractions.

I'll give you LOVE to last for a lifetime.- Bob wub.png

event.png

event.png

Thanks for the replies. If I went, it would be to visit my fiancée and her family, who would be down in that area visiting her grandma. So that's why I am asking if it might be a hinderance to the efforts to recover at that time. She says it should be fine, but since she isn't there it's hard to really know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. If I went, it would be to visit my fiancée and her family, who would be down in that area visiting her grandma. So that's why I am asking if it might be a hinderance to the efforts to recover at that time. She says it should be fine, but since she isn't there it's hard to really know.

Power is on most of the time now and the water is flowing. I would say go to Bohol as the tourist industry got hit hard with the earthquake and typhoon(earthquake really) The bridges are being opened with temporary supports with weight restrictions. Some things may be in short supply but go for it

my f and i were supposed to be there last month to help out a bit on their tourism problem but the typhoon had happen and we heard that they still have problems with the power outage so we cancelled it.. but i think now, the power is back!stay in panglao island for there are not that affected by the earthquake and typhoon..or you could always stay in cebu..

April 10, 2017       Filed for N-400

April 12, 2017      NOA

April 17, 2017      Check cashed

May 12, 2017       Biometrics scheduled

May 16, 2017      In-Line for Interview

Mar 12, 2018       Received scheduled interview letter

Apr 20, 2018        Scheduled interview

Apr 20, 2018        Naturalization interview APPROVED !!!

Jun 18, 2018       In-line for the Oath Ceremony

my f and i were supposed to be there last month to help out a bit on their tourism problem but the typhoon had happen and we heard that they still have problems with the power outage so we cancelled it.. but i think now, the power is back!stay in panglao island for there are not that affected by the earthquake and typhoon..or you could always stay in cebu..

This facebook page has some good updates on the status of things in Panglao Island. Doesn't sound too bad right now. Power has been restored for the past few days, and bridges to the main island are functional.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

"functional" can be rather scary in the Philippines laughing.gif

Yes, I've visited many truly functional places there over the years rofl.gif

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.