Lola2014

K1 Visa interview in Casablanca Morocco, Are the odds against us?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiancé lives in Rabat, Morocco and the NVC has forwarded our case on to the US Consulate in Casablanca (that was over a month ago) so we are just waiting for him to receive his a letter in the mail from them. He's positive, happy, easy going.... I'm feeling anxious, worried, and nervous. We meet all requirements. We've done everything perfectly. My concerns are driven from the fact that we met 1/10/13 through an online dating site... We've Skyped EVERYDAY though. But our relationship did move very quickly. The next concern, We have met in person during a trip I took to Rabat, Morocco however I arrived at noon on June 21st and departed very early morning June 29th... So we lived together for a whole 8 days.

Met on dating site

Moved quickly

And having only spent 8 days together physically....

What are your thoughts?? Anyone else have a similar experience?? Are the odds against us??

Thanks Paulapost-173310-0-10395200-1385088885_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't have an answer exactly, but as long as you addressed all of your red flags in your petition, then you did the best that you can do. Hope everything works out. Very handsome couple :)

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Timeline

Thank You! We are amazing together. I've just read a lot of horror stories about the US CO's denying visas because the relationship moved too quickly in their opinion of course! My fiancé and I are so in love and thrilled to be getting married and becoming a family, I just can't bear to think anyone could ever deny that... But I hear it happens often. Trying to stay hopeful and positive, Paula

Timeline

Yes, I can say that a fast moving relationship is a red flag to them. It is understandable they see it this way though, as is it known that marriage fraud is a real thing. It is a challenge for sure to convey what you want to them about your relationship and keep it as business as you can! But I know, the people who handle our cases, are real people with a job to do, and I believe they look at the facts, and do their best to make the best decision. Hicham and I have been together for a while, and this separation is torture, so I understand your desire to t to get married and start your family ASAP ! :)

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

I think that the odds can be against anybody to be honest, even couples who have been together many years so give it a shot! I honestly believe that they decide if you are approved or not before you even come to the interview (not to scare you) and they just ask questions to either clear something up to make a final decision or just as a technicality!

From what I've seen, everybody has something (or many things) in their relationship that seems "skeptical" or not perfect in the consulate's eyes but as long as you know that and know how to basically defend your relationship I think that's all you can really do. Our's was the fact that my fiance and I are young (20 & 22), I am a student who JUST got a job with a sufficient income (I got it after our interview), we needed a co-sponsor which we struggled to find, and I am a revert to Islam (way before I met him)! But we are firm in our relationship, our family was 100% involved, we knew what we wanted, and aimed for it! Alhamdulillah we are now approved and he's picking up his visa next week. So just prepare to the best of your ability and go for it! We all have "flaws", just embrace them and turn them around into strengths.

My questions to you are:

Have you met his family?

Does his family know about you? Does your family know about him?

I think the involvement of the family is really important from my perspective.

I think the main issue isn't that you moved quickly but rather that you only have one short visit (even though it's only required to meet within the 2 year timeline). From what it seems, the consulate really prefers to see 2+ visits or more long term visits (2 weeks+). I wish you all the best though! Just stay positive and keep preparing with practice questions for your fiance not so much to rehearse but rather to get how he wants to explain things out verbally not just a concept in his mind lol

Good luck!!! If there is anything I can answer for you, feel free to ask smile.png

Edited by Tayri n Tudert

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

In Mycase we are in same age much older than you .My wife had evrything they need nice job her own house .our relationship is wonderful Thank to God But the us co decide otehr things but like tayri said i bet they decide evrything before the Interview .Eeven his question for me was sorry insane its has no to do with my relationship with my fiancee at that time .to be very honest i feel like i was in Police Office he was so rude with me.But Now we are married now now we will say what They will decide again if my marriage is real or no .anyway i will add soemthing every case is special and different .No Worry and good Luck to you and your Fianceyes.gif

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I think that the odds can be against anybody to be honest, even couples who have been together many years so give it a shot! I honestly believe that they decide if you are approved or not before you even come to the interview (not to scare you) and they just ask questions to either clear something up to make a final decision or just as a technicality!

From what I've seen, everybody has something (or many things) in their relationship that seems "skeptical" or not perfect in the consulate's eyes but as long as you know that and know how to basically defend your relationship I think that's all you can really do. Our's was the fact that my fiance and I are young (20 & 22), I am a student who JUST got a job with a sufficient income (I got it after our interview), we needed a co-sponsor which we struggled to find, and I am a revert to Islam (way before I met him)! But we are firm in our relationship, our family was 100% involved, we knew what we wanted, and aimed for it! Alhamdulillah we are now approved and he's picking up his visa next week. So just prepare to the best of your ability and go for it! We all have "flaws", just embrace them and turn them around into strengths.

My questions to you are:

Have you met his family?

Does his family know about you? Does your family know about him?

I think the involvement of the family is really important from my perspective.

I think the main issue isn't that you moved quickly but rather that you only have one short visit (even though it's only required to meet within the 2 year timeline). From what it seems, the consulate really prefers to see 2+ visits or more long term visits (2 weeks+). I wish you all the best though! Just stay positive and keep preparing with practice questions for your fiance not so much to rehearse but rather to get how he wants to explain things out verbally not just a concept in his mind lol

Good luck!!! If there is anything I can answer for you, feel free to ask smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have met his mother and his oldest sister in person, I have met his middle sister and her two kids by Skype, I have met his brother by Skype and spoken to him on the phone. He has met my children and family by Skype and through Facebook. So yes our families know about our relationship and intent to marry and both sides are very supportive.

My biggest worry is the thought that his visa approval is weighing on the opinion of the interviewer. Not because my fiancé doesn't know me, because he knows everything about me. Not because I don't meet the financial requirements because that is not an issue at all. But in the end if this person the interviewer doesn't feel like it they could say they don't feel like its a "real" relationship in their opinion and not approve the visa.

Thank you all.

Paula (hopefully sooner rather than later the future Mrs. E.!)

Post above has been edited to remove full names, and is returned to the thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Good luck to you both; i suggest visit him when time for his interviw come; they will alow you to enter to consulate; just for showig more genuine relationship maybe visit again can be ok;as tayri said one visit is not enough; good luckdancin5hr.gif

Filed: Timeline

Good luck to you both; i suggest visit him when time for his interviw come; they will alow you to enter to consulate; just for showig more genuine relationship maybe visit again can be ok;as tayri said one visit is not enough; good luckdancin5hr.gif

It's very rare the U.S. Citizen is allowed inside the Consulate in Morocco, unless she is being interviewed as well. You can either wait outside or go shopping, etc. until the interview is over.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.