TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got married on 25/05/2012.......our petition got approved in sep 2012, interview was on 29-07-2013 and on the interview day they said everything is fine but i need a new co-sponser plus my case is in ap....submitted the new co-sponser and then got a job in dubai....since then staying in dubai....case got update few times but things begin in sep when they asked me to submit few more docs and then in oct case got updated like 4 to 5 times and last Friday got this email.

and at the time of first interview they took oath and fingerprints but i think it expires after one year.

I pray for everybody that this ap ends soon and we all get our visa soon

thank you Raza

how you go to dubai because passport is with embassy after interveiw ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all

Can anyone tell me POE is easy or not for immigrants there ? Or they can deny entry

Pleaase tell me Thank you

we came in through Washing Dulles intl, and the officer took about 2 mins max on each of our packages. what took more time was customs clearance. but that too was a very swift process, we were welcomed by a punjabi officer and he was nice enough that he logged in to his system to check the status of my mother's administrative processing. there were no extensive security checks, no separate room or anything like that. plus, there arent any I-551 stamps on the passports anymore. The immigrant visa is endorsed and it serves as the green card for a year.

Timeline

Aoa,

Hope you all doing well. I want to clear some of my queries. All of you have attended your interviews and seen the cases of many persons from Islamabad. I hope you people can better help me.

I want to know whether any of you have applied for non immigrant visa e.g. student or visit visa, prior to immigrant visa?

Did they ask about these non immigrant visa, its reason of refusal?(if refused)?

Did they refuse immigrant visa because of the history of previous refusal of non immigrant visa?

Did they put any one in AP just because of it?

Please share me if any of you know something about it

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aoa,

Hope you all doing well. I want to clear some of my queries. All of you have attended your interviews and seen the cases of many persons from Islamabad. I hope you people can better help me.

I want to know whether any of you have applied for non immigrant visa e.g. student or visit visa, prior to immigrant visa?

Did they ask about these non immigrant visa, its reason of refusal?(if refused)?

Did they refuse immigrant visa because of the history of previous refusal of non immigrant visa?

Did they put any one in AP just because of it?

Please share me if any of you know something about it

Your help is greatly appreciated.

hey ans khan,

yes they do ask about your travel history to usa,

they also ask for the denial and its reason,

but i have been told by visa officer(at islamabad) himself that denial of nonimmigrant visa under 214b has nothing to do with immigrant visa and has zero impact on it.

immigrant visa has immigrant intent!!! so it Does not matter.

Timeline

Jazakullah khair,

Feeling much better after your reply. I have also mentioned the refusal reason in ds260 form.

But still I am worried because I have three non immigrant visa refusal in a year. Please all of you do pray for me.

Waiting for more opinions.

Timeline

hey ans khan,

yes they do ask about your travel history to usa,

they also ask for the denial and its reason,

but i have been told by visa officer(at islamabad) himself that denial of nonimmigrant visa under 214b has nothing to do with immigrant visa and has zero impact on it.

immigrant visa has immigrant intent!!! so it Does not matter.

will there b any affect of refusal under 221 g for non imigrant in past on immigrant?

Timeline

Were your trying to get a visit visa to see your wife or for some other reason?

They will question you to make sure your marriage is real and not just to get into the United States. If you were trying to visit your wife a letter from her saying you were trying to visit her would help.

Just be prepared with a good reason why you applied 3 times and got refused but are now trying to enter the United States through marriage.

Normally being denied a visit visa has nothing to do with applying for a family visa, still be prepared for any and all questions.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Were your trying to get a visit visa to see your wife or for some other reason?

They will question you to make sure your marriage is real and not just to get into the United States. If you were trying to visit your wife a letter from her saying you were trying to visit her would help.

Just be prepared with a good reason why you applied 3 times and got refused but are now trying to enter the United States through marriage.

Normally being denied a visit visa has nothing to do with applying for a family visa, still be prepared for any and all questions.

She is right be prepared to answer these questions! they will ask you these questions but on the other hand its 100 legitimate info that 214b refusal has nothing to do with immigrant visa !! as its intent is to immigrate and 214b refusal is totally opposite! goodluck

Timeline

I am thankful to all of you. All these visas tried almost six years before. Now we have a five years old child together and all the proofs of normal life and documents a couple must have in our culture. Hope they will not put me in trouble because of these refusals. By the way one was visit while rest of two were student visas.

Timeline

ans Khan,

Your past visa attempts are history and can not be changed. It is a waste of time to worry about the past. The future is what's important now. The people at the embassy will try sometimes to trick you. If they say we can't get you a marriage visa but we can get you a work visa or student visa it is a trick they use. They told my husband they could help him get a work visa because it didn't look like for sure he would get the marriage visa. He said no I want to be with my wife. If he had said yes i will take the work visa he wouldn't be here now. They would have said the marriage was fake and he just wants to come to the United States to work.

So be aware of the tricks they use and be prepared for an interview by more than one person. Your interview could be easy or it could be hard. No one knows until they get to the embassy what will happen. That is why I said be prepared for any and all questions.

Timeline

ans Khan,

Your past visa attempts are history and can not be changed. It is a waste of time to worry about the past. The future is what's important now. The people at the embassy will try sometimes to trick you. If they say we can't get you a marriage visa but we can get you a work visa or student visa it is a trick they use. They told my husband they could help him get a work visa because it didn't look like for sure he would get the marriage visa. He said no I want to be with my wife. If he had said yes i will take the work visa he wouldn't be here now. They would have said the marriage was fake and he just wants to come to the United States to work.

So be aware of the tricks they use and be prepared for an interview by more than one person. Your interview could be easy or it could be hard. No one knows until they get to the embassy what will happen. That is why I said be prepared for any and all questions.

Timeline

hi I am a female applicant from lahore I was placed in AP 10 Mnths ago and I thought the main reason was because I applied for non immigrant visa for US and was denied!! At my interview the counsellor officer asked me did u ever apply for non immigrant visa? i honestly replied to him yes he smiled and said ok and asked some basic questions about my marriage after that he said ur case needs some administrative processing after some time we will contact you!

now on friday embassy called me and asked for the fresh medical they said ur AP is completed just submit ur fresh medical! I have taken the appointment now plz helo me how to redo new medical?? thehy didnt email me anything!! do i have to take medical by myself or send it? plz tell me the whole process I dunt want more delay its already very late :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.