TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Myra,

The medical is supposed to be good for 1 year. You could email or call the embassy to see if they made a mistake asking for a new medical.

The embassy just sent my husband an email asking for a new medical and I knew that wasn't right. I had my senator's office email them and the embassy wrote back and said his medical was good until March 24, 2014. I don't have the money to spend on medicals that are not needed. Please contact your embassy and question them about the medical.

Thank you Carolyn for confirming that info for me. I did e-mail the embassy yesterday so let's see what they have to say about it.

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just want to clarify that medical has now changed to every 6 months. My fiancé just went I to get his done after the year and he asked specifically and the doctor on the panel told him now they've changed guidelines to every 6 months for new medical since a lot of people were coming with TB.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I made myself cry today. I was checking the ceac website and it said my case had been sent back to NVC. I read the case numbers again. I had put in 1 number wrong and got somebody elses case. I feel sorry for that couple but I was so happy to see that my case was still in AP.

Same this happen to me once.as put only one number wrong by mistake then i feel relax as i found out that its done by mistake. And Carolyn should i call DOS every month ?

Filed: Timeline

So i contacted the embassy on the prescribed form and thats the automated reply I received, verbatim:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for contacting the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. We appreciate your interest in traveling to the United States.

Your visa application is undergoing routine but required administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can be neither waived nor expedited. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 to 90 days of the visa interview; however it is difficult to predict the amount of time it will take. The timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible in accordance with U.S. law. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience. Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you.

For additional information, please consult our website.

Filed: Timeline

I'm so anxious, I dunno what takes them so long when my admin processing was completed back in oct after abt 3.5 months.

Because of the ds2019 with revised dates, they closed my case (couldve held it open and waited for the document, but NO they simply dnt care!).

So i had my revised ds form on Nov 20th and was interviewed again on in nov! Id be one hell of a lucky guy if the AP is completed by mid jan(my reporting date at UPenn!)..

Can anybody comment on whether AP FOR THE SECOND TIME(in a span of around a month!) takes less time.. I mean whatever they're checking has already been verified a month ago.. I cudnt have possibly transformed into a terrorist in a month! :(

Edited by fulbrighter2013

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i only can smile brothers even non immigratnt visa also have AP . America is very tough for Pakistanies but many people recover even years .wish you all best of luck including me .hahahhahahhahahah

carolynhotstuff after 6 month of my last medical embassy ask me for new medical.i was also very surprise.i was asked the doctor who take medical he was told me after this October medical duration is 6 month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All I can do is go by what the embassy told me. They said my husband's medical was good for a year. My friend's husband was in AP 8 months and got his visa without a new medical he is here in Michigan now for 2 weeks. I can email the embassy and ask them if medicals are good for 6 months or for a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.