Peachesjae

Embassy experience. Hope this help

10 posts in this topic

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I was at the embassy at 5am. Hopeful, smiling and yes...nervous. I couldn't find anyone who was either a spouse or a fiancee... I think they were at the end of the line. I was in front....

5:45 : line started to move and we were getting fidgety by yhe minute. Well I was... Contemplating and trying to review facts in my mind.... (Reviewing all facts about you, your husband, your lifebtogether is a must!)

6:15 : numbers were handed out inside thee mbassy after security check. As you get inside the embassy DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE YOUR APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM NVC TO THE LADY THAT SAYS WINDOW 39. (Your number will not be called if you haven't done this!)

7:00 : i was called at window 42 for biometrics. Do not be scared...thye look stern but they wil only ask your name, birthday and get your biometrics...so relax!

8:30 : Filipino consul. He was very pleasant. So despite me being very nervous I was at ease... Questions he asked me are the following :

Name of petitioner?

When did you get married?

You want to join him for christmas? We will see

Does he have any kids?

Is this your first marriage

Where do you want your greencard to be sent? (This was music to my ears)

Our interview lasted a little longer than expected because we were still chit chatting. Mind you it was not related to the visa at all. After the little chat, he ssked me to sit down and wait for the american officer. I was never asked of any documents.

9:45 : I was called to window 62. A pleasant american lady consul was at the window. But i was shocked when another girl was in front of her. I rechecked my number and yeah it was supposed to be me there. The american consul tasked both of us who is number 63? And i showed her my number and she told the other girl...sorry maam i am supposed to be talking with the other lady. I let out a sigh of relief and the consul said...relax. Hahahaha. She read me my oath and after i said yes, I do she handed me a small paper saying its my rights should i be a battered wife....etc etc...this are the questions she asked me:

What is the name of your petitioner?

Is the same your husband?

Where do you intend to stay?

Where does he work?

What does he do?

Was he married before?

Does he have any kids?

Why did they divorce?

So tell me ho did you meet him?

When did it become romantic?

Tell me about the engagement?

Can i see the pictures?

Do you have any kids?

Is she an american citizen?

Was it because of cRBA?

And then she kept silent...typed away on her computer. Then said ok we are good here just take your seat and wait for further instructions.

And this is when i remembered everyone here saying never leave without knowing if your approved or not. So i told her. One last thing madam, am i approved? She looked at me and smiled. Oh yeah no doubt. I was so happy and i felt relieved.

10:30 : i was called at the window 72. I fell in line and she told me I had to go back to the officer. I was nervous again. So I asked, is there something wrong? Am i not approved. And she told me, oh no.... You are approved you just need to take the oath again. After which go to window 69 for 2go and you can go home.

11:00: i was called back at window 62. Ithe american conspul said, oh i am sorry you need to read the oath for me. It was posted in front of the window. So i read it. She told me, okay you are good to go....

I went back to window 69 and talked to the 2go lady. Then I was out... Happy, excited.... Its bittersweet. I got my approval but I will be leaving my family behind.

Generally, my embassy experience was a pleasant one. One thing, i was denied of a tourist visa twice because of my marriage and they never asked me about it. So to those in the same boat as I am...relax. And do pray before your interview...

If you need any help never hesitate to PM me....anything about my visajourney and CRBA. I would gladly help and pay it forward for all those that had helped me

Congrats and welcome to the US soon!

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I was at the embassy at 5am. Hopeful, smiling and yes...nervous. I couldn't find anyone who was either a spouse or a fiancee... I think they were at the end of the line. I was in front....

5:45 : line started to move and we were getting fidgety by yhe minute. Well I was... Contemplating and trying to review facts in my mind.... (Reviewing all facts about you, your husband, your lifebtogether is a must!)

6:15 : numbers were handed out inside thee mbassy after security check. As you get inside the embassy DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE YOUR APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM NVC TO THE LADY THAT SAYS WINDOW 39. (Your number will not be called if you haven't done this!)

7:00 : i was called at window 42 for biometrics. Do not be scared...thye look stern but they wil only ask your name, birthday and get your biometrics...so relax!

8:30 : Filipino consul. He was very pleasant. So despite me being very nervous I was at ease... Questions he asked me are the following :

Name of petitioner?

You want to join him for christmas? We will see

Does he have any kids?

Is this your first marriage

Where do you want your greencard to be sent? (This was music to my ears)

Our interview lasted a little longer than expected because we were still chit chatting. Mind you it was not related to the visa at all. After the little chat, he ssked me to sit down and wait for the american officer. I was never asked of any documents.

9:45 : I was called to window 62. A pleasant american lady consul was at the window. But i was shocked when another girl was in front of her. I rechecked my number and yeah it was supposed to be me there. The american consul tasked both of us who is number 63? And i showed her my number and she told the other girl...sorry maam i am supposed to be talking with the other lady. I let out a sigh of relief and the consul said...relax. Hahahaha. She read me my oath and after i said yes, I do she handed me a small paper saying its my rights should i be a battered wife....etc etc...this are the questions she asked me:

What is the name of your petitioner?

Is the same your husband?

Where do you intend to stay?

Where does he work?

What does he do?

Was he married before?

Does he have any kids?

Why did they divorce?

So tell me ho did you meet him?

When did it become romantic?

Tell me about the engagement?

Can i see the pictures?

Do you have any kids?

Is she an american citizen?

Was it because of cRBA?

And then she kept silent...typed away on her computer. Then said ok we are good here just take your seat and wait for further instructions.

And this is when i remembered everyone here saying never leave without knowing if your approved or not. So i told her. One last thing madam, am i approved? She looked at me and smiled. Oh yeah no doubt. I was so happy and i felt relieved.

10:30 : i was called at the window 72. I fell in line and she told me I had to go back to the officer. I was nervous again. So I asked, is there something wrong? Am i not approved. And she told me, oh no.... You are approved you just need to take the oath again. After which go to window 69 for 2go and you can go home.

11:00: i was called back at window 62. Ithe american conspul said, oh i am sorry you need to read the oath for me. It was posted in front of the window. So i read it. She told me, okay you are good to go....

I went back to window 69 and talked to the 2go lady. Then I was out... Happy, excited.... Its bittersweet. I got my approval but I will be leaving my family behind.

Generally, my embassy experience was a pleasant one. One thing, i was denied of a tourist visa twice because of my marriage and they never asked me about it. So to those in the same boat as I am...relax. And do pray before your interview...

If you need any help never hesitate to PM me....anything about my visajourney and CRBA. I would gladly help and pay it forward for all those that had helped me

Congrats!!!!

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

CONGRATS

CRBA first baby
CHRISTIAN gave birth 2008
OCT 15,2010-- CHRISTIAN US PASSPORT/CRBA CERTIFICATe
JAN 20, 2011--CHRISTIAN PHIL PASSPORT
JUNE 03,2011-- CHRISTIAN SSN CARD
CRBA 2nd baby
CHARLES gave birth 2010
JAN 30th 2012-- CHARLES US PASSPORT AND CRBA CERTIFICATE.......
MAY-09- 2012-= CHARLES SSN CaRD

IR-1
OCT /13 / 2012 -- sent from I-130 via(express mail)

OCT /15 / 2012--- picked up delivery to uscis

OCT / 16/ 2012--noa1 no txt/ no email PD

OCT /17 /2012-- recieved notice from the mail.

DEC /17 / 2012--- APPROVED NOA2

DEC / 22 / 2012-- recieved Hardcopy of Noa2

JAN/ 05/ 2013-- Recieved our papers to NVC

feb 11 2013__ paid aos

april 15 2013-- paid iv bill

aug 29,2013-AOS AND IV PACKET recieved nvc sept 3 2013

sept 6 2013 sent via email ds260

sep 27 2013 2tNVC- got email checklist

NOV 16 2013 sent nvc checklist document fedex istimate friday will recieve to nvc

nov 25 2013--nvc review our docs. waiting for cc

dec 6 2013 -- nvc email got 2nd checklist but case complete.

dec 13 2013-- got P4

dec 19 and 20-- passed medical

JAN 2, 2014 INTERVIEW DATE

Great news...congratulations...really good point about the bittersweetness...good luck to you.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to you guys and thanks for sharing your experience. My interview is tomorrow and I'm freaking out. I hope my interview goes as smooth as yours did. kicking.gif

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

dancin5hr.gif Congrats dancin5hr.gif

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.